Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    They weren't punished appropriately. Their entire roster got absolutely nothing and is free to play all 162 games despite being the ones who organized the whole thing.

Manager/GM suspension, loss of a couple picks and a $5M fine is nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    The punishment by MLB was fair. I'm fine with it. I'm not sure I agree with Crane's decision to fire Lunhow and Hinch, though. I feel worse for Hinch than Lunhow—he was clearly against the system, and he's always seemed like a class guy. Lunhow I feel less awful about. He's easily the best GM in the history of the franchise, but he signed Osuna, handled the Taubman situation horribly and was the head that allowed all this cheating mess to occur in the first place. He's had a bad few months, and he's kind of made his bed in this mess.

In the end, this is not the death sentence a lot of fans were looking for, and I don't think it should have been. If we take a hard look and do an investigation at every MLB team, how many teams would be caught to have done something similar to this? It certainly seems like Cora deserves a similar punishment, if not worse than what Hinch received because he's now been caught cheating on multiple teams.

We just need Mike Fiers to pitch for every team in baseball for a few weeks so he can start snitching on all of their wrongdoings...
    :eyeroll: Fiers has played for 4 MLB organizations and has only said anything about 1 of them (your precious Astros) But sure every team is doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
    :eyeroll: Fiers has played for 4 MLB organizations and has only said anything about 1 of them (your precious Astros) But sure every team is doing it.
    Every team is bending the rules to some degree. Sure the degrees vary but you're naive if you think the Astros and Red Sox were the only teams looking for a competitive advantage illegally.

I absolutely think the punishment should have been harsher because this doesn't deter a team from doing something similar in the future but we can't pretend like the Astros and Red Sox are the only teams looking for that edge. Every team is.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Every team is bending the rules to some degree. Sure the degrees vary but you're naive if you think the Astros and Red Sox were the only teams looking for a competitive advantage illegally.

I absolutely think the punishment should have been harsher because this doesn't deter a team from doing something similar in the future but we can't pretend like the Astros and Red Sox are the only teams looking for that edge. Every team is.
    I never once said that so don't put words in my mouth. How many are doing something similar to this? Not many.

And the punishment can be more harsh the next time around if they want it to be. Cora may get a lifetime ban. Hinch is suspended for a year. If you think there are a lot of managers willing to risk their career to cheat then you're wrong.

I love how fans are now trying to compare levels of cheating like it somehow justifies one wrongdoing over another. Just stop. The Astros are cheaters. The Yankees are cheaters. Every team in baseball who's ever amounted to anything probably cheated in some form or fashion. And everything is golden until they're caught.

The Astros got caught, and they're punished appropriately for it. Be thankful it wasn't your franchise with its hand in the cookie jar and let's all move on. If we start putting asterisks by every team that cheated, they're going to have to start printing a hell of a lot of asterisks for Cooperstown.
    The difference being... In this case it was really just the Astros who were cheating. Not seeing the Yankees GM and manager getting the boot...

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I mean in a league were many cheaters have won accolades and rings to me one more team or players winning because of it means jack **** so I guess you’re right. To me one cheater is no different from others. A pitcher who was roided up shutting guys down is just as bad as a hitter knowing when an off speed pitch was coming.
    Right. But things like roids or par tine are individuals cheating. This is a whole organization working together to cheat.

The punishment was surprising to me. But I think it’s fair. I didn’t think it would be more than a couple of draft picks.

Doesn’t matter. Still won’t give my Dodgers any championships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
    I never once said that so don't put words in my mouth. How many are doing something similar to this? Not many.

And the punishment can be more harsh the next time around if they want it to be. Cora may get a lifetime ban. Hinch is suspended for a year. If you think there are a lot of managers willing to risk their career to cheat then you're wrong.
    I never said you said otherwise. All I'm saying is cheating goes on in every organization to various degrees. The reason why this is such a big deal, however, is because of how great the team accused of doing it has been. No one would give a **** if the Angels were doing this as it would be easy to dismiss such an action when they suck.

It should have harsher on the Astros. This doesn't deter teams from similar actions in the future imo. I think every player, manager, team is looking for some kind of competitive advantage though, regardless of the rules. You're fooling yourself if you think the stakes deter that entirely. They don't.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-13-2020 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Looks like The Red Sox will be looking for a new Manager soon. But the million dollar question is who is out there?
    Bochy.

Fire Luke Walton

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    Bochy.
    I see what you did there.

Coming soon to a WWE Ring near you!

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeMeNot View Post
    Knowing what pitch is coming >>>>>>>> Using steroids.

Though it will get less play in the media, this is more of a black eye than roids ever were. Possibly two champions in a row did this. That's two years of results that will always be in question.
    Nah

Roids has helped a lot more than knowing what that an off pitch might come or not.

Not necessarily. You still have to hit it and on top of that, the Astros had playoff series where their offense didn't play well. Not excusing what they did but we know PEDs produced a whole generation of players who were putting up ridiculous offensive numbers, sometimes even video game like stats.

You can't just assume that without the advantage they would have lost.

Its like saying the Patriots are a sham for different incidents of Spygate, meanwhile they've won 6 Super Bowls in the last 20 years. At the end of the day, all of these teams were still extremely talented.
    Yankee fans like to look at that 17 ALCS, they scored 3 runs in the 4 games they lost. They did not lose because the Astros cheated, they lost because they could not score against them in Houston and none of the pitchers were cheating.

I love how fans are now trying to compare levels of cheating like it somehow justifies one wrongdoing over another. Just stop. The Astros are cheaters. The Yankees are cheaters. Every team in baseball who's ever amounted to anything probably cheated in some form or fashion. And everything is golden until they're caught.

The Astros got caught, and they're punished appropriately for it. Be thankful it wasn't your franchise with its hand in the cookie jar and let's all move on. If we start putting asterisks by every team that cheated, they're going to have to start printing a hell of a lot of asterisks for Cooperstown.
    Exactly!

They are all cheaters and mlb has had an issue with teams cheating or players for a while now.

For me it does not taint any titles, it’s just more of them same.

I forgot what players just accused the Sox and Yanks of possible sign stealing as well, I think it was Logan Morrison.

Every team am sure tries it, Astros were really good at it, maybe not that good since they got caught.

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast