Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I dunno about any Mets in 2000 using roids, but I know the Yankees had their 2 best starters who did.
    Mike Piazza, Robin Ventura, Edgardo Alfonzo. All have been suspected of steroid use and with good reason.

Looks like The Red Sox will be looking for a new Manager soon. But the million dollar question is who is out there?

Coming soon to a WWE Ring near you!

I dunno about any Mets in 2000 using roids, but I know the Yankees had their 2 best starters who did.

And as a Mets fan I don’t say that team should have an asterisk for that series.

Both teams had ****ing cheaters and again am sure a lot other have had as well and some teams that cheated did not win am sure too.
    Well, as long as the MLB continues to be reactionary to every form of cheating and only take action when it is stuffed in their face, many fan bases will feel the way you do. Fact is, the MLB is a joke when it comes to managing their own league, and knew it needed the roid monsters to come back, and set a precedent. Don't get caught cheating, not don't cheat.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
    Because the Yankees were playing against players and teams using PED's too. There is truly no comparison.
    Bingo
    Also, I have to think that knowing what pitch is coming is far more of an advantage than roids.
    Last edited by goingfor28; 01-13-2020 at 05:52 PM.

Mike Piazza, Robin Ventura, Edgardo Alfonzo. All have been suspected of steroid use and with good reason.
    Lmao

Which earth you living on?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    if every team is relaying off speed pitches in after stealing them, I agree with you. The roid era is being cherrypicked to death. The MLB turned a blind eye to the obvious, every team had a bunch of them, so the playing field was even. Stealing signs is not evening the playing field, at all.

Totally different.
    I am sure some teams had more than others or better players who roided were much better than others.

Quote Originally Posted by BSF101 View Post
    Looks like The Red Sox will be looking for a new Manager soon. But the million dollar question is who is out there?
    I think anyone can manage the Red Sox in 2020. They do have a great offense but their pitching is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Well, as long as the MLB continues to be reactionary to every form of cheating and only take action when it is stuffed in their face, many fan bases will feel the way you do. Fact is, the MLB is a joke when it comes to managing their own league, and knew it needed the roid monsters to come back, and set a precedent. Don't get caught cheating, not don't cheat.
    I mean in a league were many cheaters have won accolades and rings to me one more team or players winning because of it means jack **** so I guess you’re right. To me one cheater is no different from others. A pitcher who was roided up shutting guys down is just as bad as a hitter knowing when an off speed pitch was coming.

I think anyone can manage the Red Sox in 2020. They do have a great offense but their pitching is pathetic.
    I don’t see them going after a former player. I was thinking Buck Showalter?

Coming soon to a WWE Ring near you!

Like I mention in Twitter the Yankees won WS rings when they had roided up cheaters on their team and other teams like the Red Sox did too, so what’s different?

Imo it’s not different, cheating is cheating regardless of what, no team has had an asterisk put or had a WS tainted because of the cheaters they employed when the won and it should not matter.

Knowing what pitch is coming >>>>>>>> Using steroids.

Though it will get less play in the media, this is more of a black eye than roids ever were. Possibly two champions in a row did this. That's two years of results that will always be in question.

Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    How would players's stats look like without the cheating? I think they are in for ****** season, I wouldn't want any of them in my team,

now I know why Gerrit Cole wanted to distance himself from the franchise the minute they lost the WS.
    Except Cole wasn't on the team in 2017, and the report claims the cheating was only during the 2017 season. So...

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeMeNot View Post

Though it will get less play in the media, this is more of a black eye than roids ever were. Possibly two champions in a row did this. That's two years of results that will always be in question.
    Not necessarily. You still have to hit it and on top of that, the Astros had playoff series where their offense didn't play well. Not excusing what they did but we know PEDs produced a whole generation of players who were putting up ridiculous offensive numbers, sometimes even video game like stats.

You can't just assume that without the advantage they would have lost.

Its like saying the Patriots are a sham for different incidents of Spygate, meanwhile they've won 6 Super Bowls in the last 20 years. At the end of the day, all of these teams were still extremely talented.

The punishment by MLB was fair. I'm fine with it. I'm not sure I agree with Crane's decision to fire Lunhow and Hinch, though. I feel worse for Hinch than Lunhow—he was clearly against the system, and he's always seemed like a class guy. Lunhow I feel less awful about. He's easily the best GM in the history of the franchise, but he signed Osuna, handled the Taubman situation horribly and was the head that allowed all this cheating mess to occur in the first place. He's had a bad few months, and he's kind of made his bed in this mess.

In the end, this is not the death sentence a lot of fans were looking for, and I don't think it should have been. If we take a hard look and do an investigation at every MLB team, how many teams would be caught to have done something similar to this? It certainly seems like Cora deserves a similar punishment, if not worse than what Hinch received because he's now been caught cheating on multiple teams.

We just need Mike Fiers to pitch for every team in baseball for a few weeks so he can start snitching on all of their wrongdoings...

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeMeNot View Post

I love how fans are now trying to compare levels of cheating like it somehow justifies one wrongdoing over another. Just stop. The Astros are cheaters. The Yankees are cheaters. Every team in baseball who's ever amounted to anything probably cheated in some form or fashion. And everything is golden until they're caught.

The Astros got caught, and they're punished appropriately for it. Be thankful it wasn't your franchise with its hand in the cookie jar and let's all move on. If we start putting asterisks by every team that cheated, they're going to have to start printing a hell of a lot of asterisks for Cooperstown.

They weren't punished appropriately. Their entire roster got absolutely nothing and is free to play all 162 games despite being the ones who organized the whole thing.

Manager/GM suspension, loss of a couple picks and a $5M fine is nothing.

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast