Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Same info from Passan

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

This really doesn't feel very harsh to me, at all.

Luhnow and Hinch will be back in a year as if nothing happened. 5 million to any major league owner is, quite literally, essentially nothing.

And the draft picks? Whatever. Take 3 or 4 entire drafts away from them and you might've had something.

To me this looks like a punishment you hand down if you're trying to gain the optics of having enforced a big, unprecedented punishment. In reality this does very little.

Weak. What about the players who participated? They get nothing. What a joke.

Holy geez.

#DingerSZN
    #AllenWatch
    End of Season Stats
    .542AVG/.562OBP/.889SLG/1.451OPS/21RBIs/3Dingers(1 grand slam)
    Selected to All-Conference Team
    Selected First Team All-District Team
    Selected First Team All-Region Team
    Verbal Commitment to State Fair Community College

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/statu...467699206?s=19

Zero punishment for the players. Pathetic.

That Chip will always have an asterisk.

Feel bad for stros fans.

Now how about Cora?

MLB hands down punishment in Astro's sign stealing case

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/statu...467699206?s=19

Zero punishment for the players. Pathetic.
    Honestly, I think this is a lot bigger than what was expected. Astros have to struggle to find a new manager AND a new GM, after most coaching positions have already been filled. Granted, they could just find somebody from within house but that’s still a huge difference and has to be awkward for the teams to play for a new manager, just for a year.

On top of that, banning Hinch and Luhnow is sort of like killing the king for what his subjects did. They’re sort of being “scapegoated” considering how players/other staff were definitely complicit with what was going on. Banning them is more of a message/statement more than anything.

They’re also losing 1st and 2nd round picks for two years, I think this stings a lot more. Granted, the fans of teams that were wronged by the Astros are justifiably bitter however, banning players and a **** ton of other people would never go over well with the PA.

Careful, though. Everybody knows it was Beltran who devised the plan (with Cora’s help) after he benefitted from a similar system with a team he had previously played for (the Yankees) EDIT: (or Rangers)
    Last edited by Zmaster52; 01-13-2020 at 03:32 PM.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    This really doesn't feel very harsh to me, at all.

Luhnow and Hinch will be back in a year as if nothing happened. 5 million to any major league owner is, quite literally, essentially nothing.

And the draft picks? Whatever. Take 3 or 4 entire drafts away from them and you might've had something.

To me this looks like a punishment you hand down if you're trying to gain the optics of having enforced a big, unprecedented punishment. In reality this does very little.
    Agree with this. What owner wouldnt sign up for this to win the World Series?

This isn't harsh enough all around, especially when Coppolella with the Braves got a lifetime ban for circumventing rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Honestly, I think this is a lot bigger than what was expected. Astros have to struggle to find a new manager AND a new GM, after most coaching positions have already been filled. Granted, they could just find somebody from within house but that’s still a huge difference and has to be awkward for the teams to play for a new manager, just for a year.

On top of that, banning Hinch and Luhnow is sort of like killing the king for what his subjects did. They’re sort of being “scapegoated” considering how players/other staff were definitely complicit with what was going on. Banning them is more of a message/statement more than anything.

They’re also losing 1st and 2nd round picks for two years, I think this stings a lot more. Granted, the fans of teams that were wronged by the Astros are justifiably bitter however, banning players and a **** ton of other people would never go over well with the PA.

Careful, though. Everybody knows it was Beltran who devised the plan (with Cora’s help) after he benefitted from a similar system with a team he had previously played for (the Yankees) EDIT: (or Rangers)
    I think you are overrating the loss of the GM and manager. The front office will just take on different roles for a year. Someone will be given de-facto power, but they will be running things within the parameters set by Luhnow before he leaves. Just like when Mike Elias came into the Orioles last year, he still hadn't filled out his front office and worked on some of the things- specifically scouting- himself. Roles will just be passed around to the guys already there.

Someone from Hinch's staff obviously gets promoted here, or they lure somebody that's retired (or close to it) out for a year and then they disappear again. Besides which, the impact of the manager is few and far between until we hit the playoffs.

They gone.

Astros owner Jim Crane announced he has fired AJ Hinch and Jeff Luhnow during his press conference

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    Agree with this. What owner wouldnt sign up for this to win the World Series?

This isn't harsh enough all around, especially when Coppolella with the Braves got a lifetime ban for circumventing rules.
    Sounding like the owner legitamately didn't know about this. Also sounds like he just fired Luhnow and Hinch. Wow, that's pretty big news.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasTomasz View Post
    I think you are overrating the loss of the GM and manager. The front office will just take on different roles for a year. Someone will be given de-facto power, but they will be running things within the parameters set by Luhnow before he leaves. Just like when Mike Elias came into the Orioles last year, he still hadn't filled out his front office and worked on some of the things- specifically scouting- himself. Roles will just be passed around to the guys already there.

Someone from Hinch's staff obviously gets promoted here, or they lure somebody that's retired (or close to it) out for a year and then they disappear again. Besides which, the impact of the manager is few and far between until we hit the playoffs.
    Nevermind all of that, Jim Crane fired both of them.

Astros just fired them both, as well.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    He is talking about the one and only, pure trash: Ereck Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by cowboyskilla View Post
    His stern face can give that impression but I don't feel that's the case. New York isn't an easy place to play at, so honestly I can see his confidence at an all-time low for him.

I don't think he's a bust. I think he just needs the right motivation to pick himself up & play harder.

Manager and GM fired. That didnt take long. I am sure "fired with cause" clause will be invoked meaning they will walk away with their tarnished rings and thats it.

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast