Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    The OG version is on there or the new CGI one?
    I stand corrected. It was the cgi one that I saw on there.

I hope they put that stuff on there. Gummi Bears is there and it was 1985 so older cartoons should be on there. Iím hoping for Droids and Ewoks.

*and I doubt Netflix is going anywhere anytime soon
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Got it mainly for the little guy as well.

Donít think Netflix is going anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I donít think it will be soon and it wonít be without a fight for sure. But Disney so far seems to have better value. Plus Netflix is taking a double hit. Theyíre losing all the rights to all of the Disney stuff and the have another major competitor. Of course they can make changes to compete.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I donít think it will be soon and it wonít be without a fight for sure. But Disney so far seems to have better value. Plus Netflix is taking a double hit. Theyíre losing all the rights to all of the Disney stuff and the have another major competitor. Of course they can make changes to compete.
    It's going to come down to owning and producing their own content. They've been making headways on that. With Disney + and HBO Max they are losing a lot of stuff people liked, and gaining serious competition, but they also may be the only platform that has the Best Picture Winner this year (The Irishman). It's all about how they adjust. I think they'll do well enough to stick around but they won't be the top dog.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    I stand corrected. It was the cgi one that I saw on there.

I hope they put that stuff on there. Gummi Bears is there and it was 1985 so older cartoons should be on there. Iím hoping for Droids and Ewoks.
    With Muppet Babies, it isn't about how old it is. It's about acquiring rights for all the random movie clips they used in the show.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

With Muppet Babies, it isn't about how old it is. It's about acquiring rights for all the random movie clips they used in the show.
    Drop in the bucket. Pay the fees and get it on there. They made so much money today.

Quote Originally Posted by Sofnr View Post
    It's going to come down to owning and producing their own content. They've been making headways on that. With Disney + and HBO Max they are losing a lot of stuff people liked, and gaining serious competition, but they also may be the only platform that has the Best Picture Winner this year (The Irishman). It's all about how they adjust. I think they'll do well enough to stick around but they won't be the top dog.
    Iíve really gotten to sit down and browse and watch some stuff in the last couple of hours. They definitely need more adult oriented series and more movies that are outside of Disney/Pixar/Marvel/Star Wars.

I don't know what else they need to acquire, They own Lucasfilms so that encompasses star wars and Indiana Jones, the only one that is coming to mind that they don't own would be Star Trek

Yeah, it's a shame those last two seasons aren't readily available. They exist somewhere for sure but it's apparently music rights that has been holding up their release forever (as I'd guess you are aware of). They had every episode of all five seasons playing at the same time on an infinite loop at an awesome Henson exhibit I saw at the Skriball Cultural Center in Los Angeles a few summers ago. 'Twas a traveling exhibit, so if it ever makes it to a town near you, I super highly suggest checking it out. Full of show/movie used puppets as well as information on Henson's history and productions. My buddy had trouble getting me to leave.
    That's awesome. I went to Atlanta over the summer and they had a puppetry museum. They had a lot of Hensons stuff in there and puppets. It was worth the price of admission just to see that wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    That's awesome. I went to Atlanta over the summer and they had a puppetry museum. They had a lot of Hensons stuff in there and puppets. It was worth the price of admission just to see that wing.
    Here's what I went to (well the NY version of it at least): https://youtu.be/IdaX96pvI1E

It looks like another edit was made to the cantina scene in A New Hope.

Han still doesn't shoot first like before, and Greedo yells "Maclunkey" before shooting at Han.

WTF is Maclunkey?

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I don't know what else they need to acquire, They own Lucasfilms so that encompasses star wars and Indiana Jones, the only one that is coming to mind that they don't own would be Star Trek
    Back to the Future, I Love Lucy, and probably others as well.

I would but not available in Europe...they are saying sometime during 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSpirit1 View Post
    The Knicks were never this bad of a team. They always have been a 48-50 win team stuck in what was a 21-40 team's body.

I'm a big Disney and Star Wars lover so it was a no brainer. I'm really enjoying all the old shows from Disney Channel I grew up on and seeing all the old classic Disney movies I haven't seen since I was a young lad.

I'm hoping Disney eventually gets Hulu with no ads. I'll for sure upgrade then.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Anyone getting it?

Pro tip: If you have unlimited data with Verizon, or if you're a new customer for their internet service, you get a year of Disney+ free. Luckily for me, I've got unlimited data with Verizon
    what's process claim data?

Here's a question you guys might be able to answer. When I signed up, it said that I would get access to other disney owned apps and sites including ESPN. Does anyone know the details on that?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast