Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Disney+ launches today

Anyone getting it?

Pro tip: If you have unlimited data with Verizon, or if you're a new customer for their internet service, you get a year of Disney+ free. Luckily for me, I've got unlimited data with Verizon

I should also say that it is STRUGGLING right now as everyone is getting on it lol

Def not getting it but will check out The Mandalorian.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

I got the free week trial just to check out the platform. I'm liking it so far, but I've seen the majority of the content already, so I'll probably wait a bit before grabbing a year. Definitely think it's worth it at $70 a year with all the stuff coming and the Disney library, especially if you've got kids.

I might try it if I get a week trial or something just for some of the nostalgia things they have on there but, I strictly refuse to keep it unless they bring the original Muppet Babies to the platform!

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    I might try it if I get a week trial or something just for some of the nostalgia things they have on there but, I strictly refuse to keep it unless they bring the original Muppet Babies to the platform!
    Oh it's on there.

I signed up already. The kids love it and there's much better content for them on there than Netflix has. Unfortunately, I smell the beginning of the end for Netflix.

Sucks that they are going the Hulu route and only put an episode up per week.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Oh it's on there.

I signed up already. The kids love it and there's much better content for them on there than Netflix has. Unfortunately, I smell the beginning of the end for Netflix.
    The OG version is on there or the new CGI one?

*and I doubt Netflix is going anywhere anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    They need the Muppet Show as well. That was my favorite show as a kid. They only released the first 3 seasons on dvd. I have the final two on bootleg dvds, but I would like to see it again on better quality.

I plan on getting the service, but I'll probably wait a week or two after it dies down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Oh it's on there.

Got it mainly for the little guy as well.

Donít think Netflix is going anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmac View Post
    They need the Muppet Show as well. That was my favorite show as a kid. They only released the first 3 seasons on dvd. I have the final two on bootleg dvds, but I would like to see it again on better quality.
    Yeah, it's a shame those last two seasons aren't readily available. They exist somewhere for sure but it's apparently music rights that has been holding up their release forever (as I'd guess you are aware of). They had every episode of all five seasons playing at the same time on an infinite loop at an awesome Henson exhibit I saw at the Skriball Cultural Center in Los Angeles a few summers ago. 'Twas a traveling exhibit, so if it ever makes it to a town near you, I super highly suggest checking it out. Full of show/movie used puppets as well as information on Henson's history and productions. My buddy had trouble getting me to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Yeah, it's a shame those last two seasons aren't readily available. They exist somewhere for sure but it's apparently music rights that has been holding up their release forever (as I'd guess you are aware of). They had every episode of all five seasons playing at the same time on an infinite loop at an awesome Henson exhibit I saw at the Skriball Cultural Center in Los Angeles a few summers ago. 'Twas a traveling exhibit, so if it ever makes it to a town near you, I super highly suggest checking it out. Full of show/movie used puppets as well as information on Henson's history and productions. My buddy had trouble getting me to leave.
    yeah its the same reason they have never released the original Muppet Babies, all the different themes they did with the episodes like star wars, indiana jones, and more kept it from being released. now that Disney owns most of the stuff we should be able to get it

That's if Disney feels it is worth the investment to clear those rights. Not so sure that is a slam dunk (despite them having all the money in the world).

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast