Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Let’s say we’re able to figure out a trade for Contreras. Do we sign him long term? He’ll be 30 when he reaches free agency. By that time the younger Contreras and Langeliers will be ready. I assume we trade one of them before then but would the deal be worth it? I would suggest if we acquire him, buy out his arb years and give him a 5 year deal. He’ll be sign through 32, one of the young kids can back him up for a couple years and then take over as the starter. Give Contreras a QO and gain a draft pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Ender - a Jays fan query

First off let me say congratulations on grabbing AA.
    He is my favourite GM in the league and he will lead you to the promise land. I’m jealous and actually afraid for his replacements to make a trade with him.

However, what would you guys expect from Toronto in a trade for Ender Inciarte?

He would fill a big need for us and I know you have some good OF prospects coming up to go with Acuna.

Braves will probably bring in a d'arnaud or Gomes type. d'arnaud had a nice season with the Rays last year and still has some pop. Castro seems more offensively challenged than the others.

I forgot about Alex Jackson. That guy has some serious pop (28 homers in 85 games), but that he’s also a very low average hitter.
    Smart Person List: BRAVE KID, Beldugo, flea, Jeffy25

So who go you guys think will be the first major FA to sign will be?

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    So who go you guys think will be the first major FA to sign will be?
    Strasburg back to the Nats.

Wainwright to the Cardinals!

Nightengale tweeted the Rangers are making an aggressive push to sign Donaldson.

2019 Vikings Draft :

JonHeyman
    Braves are looking at Mike Moustakas. Good fall-back candidate in case Josh Donaldson doesn’t work out.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Nightengale tweeted the Rangers are making an aggressive push to sign Donaldson.

As well as Donaldson played for us, once he was put in the right spot, I wouldn’t be totally disappointed. Not that I don’t think we’d miss him! Just at his age his future is likely in the AL! That said I hope the have to over pay him!

I do wonder if his allegiance to AA would get us a discount?
    Last edited by SB75; 11-13-2019 at 07:41 PM.

Moustakas over Donaldson would be a massive mistake. We need a rh power bat in the middle of the order. Donaldson is good when he slumps, as he still gets on base. It would be steps back, abd I would not understand why as a young squad we want to go backwards

Quote Originally Posted by vtgriff09 View Post
    Moustakas over Donaldson would be a massive mistake. We need a rh power bat in the middle of the order. Donaldson is good when he slumps, as he still gets on base. It would be steps back, abd I would not understand why as a young squad we want to go backwards
    I don’t think anyone is thinking Mike over Josh! I think that may be one of the back up plans.

Not sure DOB knows something we don't, but he keeps mentioning that AA is eyeing big moves, not through FA. He then brought up the possibility if Lindor. Imagine resigning Donaldson and adding Lindor.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveWorld23 View Post
    Not sure DOB knows something we don't, but he keeps mentioning that AA is eyeing big moves, not through FA. He then brought up the possibility if Lindor. Imagine resigning Donaldson and adding Lindor.
    I saw him tweeting about Lindor. Man that would be awesome. I really like Dansby but I would move him and a few of our top prospects for Lindor in a heart beat.

2019 Vikings Draft :

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I saw him tweeting about Lindor. Man that would be awesome. I really like Dansby but I would move him and a few of our top prospects for Lindor in a heart beat.

Ohbyeah me too. That's a power shifting acquisition right there. What makes me believe DOB knows something. He is usually pretty negative about the team salary, but he also said they could fit Lindor, Donaldson, Madbum and a platoon catcher. Lindor is set to make around 17 million in arbitration. That would be 3 huge salaries added. He also didn't dismiss the Braves chances of resigning Lindor. Interesting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveWorld23 View Post
    Ohbyeah me too. That's a power shifting acquisition right there. What makes me believe DOB knows something. He is usually pretty negative about the team salary, but he also said they could fit Lindor, Donaldson, Madbum and a platoon catcher. Lindor is set to make around 17 million in arbitration. That would be 3 huge salaries added. He also didn't dismiss the Braves chances of resigning Lindor. Interesting stuff.
    I think he was also saying he thinks the Braves could afford to sign Lindor long term when you consider how long and cheap Acuna and Albies are signed for. Giving 30+ million to Lindor doesn’t seem like a Braves move but maybe they would consider making an exception. I mean you have to think payroll will rise enough in the near future that a deal like that could make sense.

Plus, you have to think the Braves are a great match with the Indians. They get a cost controlled SS in Swanson and we have plenty of prospects to entice them. Swanson, one of Pache or Waters, and a pitching prospect (Wright?) should really entice the Indians.

2019 Vikings Draft :