Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Yeah heís been really bad shooting at the rim and thatís got him at woeful percentages/efficiency.

Watching the games though itís just hard to really be concerned though as a fan. The shot SELECTION has been good which was the biggest concern with him. And heís been great on defense/rebounding which is a big part of whatís enabling the Kemba/Brown/Tatum/Hayward group to play well together.

Itís not like I can sit here and defend the shooting percentages but itís honestly just not anything Iím really concerned with. The best of the best are going to have bad shooting nights - itís a part of the game. And weíre 9 games in so if you have a few of those if really drives down your percentages. He shot poorly in the first 3 games, good to great his next 5, then poorly tonight. So right now almost half his games are bad shooting performances. Over the season, based on watching him play this year and the past 2, Iíd expect that to level itself out. Not to say that there arenít concerns with him or that heís perfect but this poor shooting percentage just isnít alarming to me honestly. I really just view it as an outlier that will corrects itself with time.
    I agree, It's for sure an outlier haha, That's why I reacted the way I did. It's not like I'm expecting him to do this every time he plays, otherwise i wouldn't even comment on it if it were the norm.

I'm strictly going off the end game box scores because I admittedly have not seen 1 minute of celtic action thus far this season, so i'm not gonna try and act like i know what im seeing when i haven't watched a game. Going off the box scores tho, the poor performances, except for the first knicks matchup were against good teams, and the good performances were against sub-par teams.

You're right, still too early in the season. Just thought it was a cute cover up to say im a troll for commenting on 1-18... I know it wasn't you saying it. js.

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    I didnít. I asked you what other games heís been bad in. You said heís been awful this season. He hasnít been. Hasnít been perfect but he certainly hasnít been awful. Heís been pretty good overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He was awful the first three games, granted, they were the first games of the season. He was good the next games vs inferior competition. It's still early in the season so not much to go off of, and like i told hugepatsfan, i haven't seen any of the games, im just going off box scores, but so far from what im seeing is his shooting %s have been significantly lower in games against relevant teams, while his %s improved vs teams that are most likely lottery teams.

anyway you slice it the celtics are legit... i dont fear them because of our size come the playoffs because now we match up well with them but if someone like the bucks or raptors knock us off the celtics could easily make it to the finals and win it if they grab a center... it sucks and they dont blow anyone away but they dont do turnovers/they defend and their coach adjusts and the ball moves a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    anyway you slice it the celtics are legit... i dont fear them because of our size come the playoffs because now we match up well with them but if someone like the bucks or raptors knock us off the celtics could easily make it to the finals and win it if they grab a center... it sucks and they dont blow anyone away but they dont do turnovers/they defend and their coach adjusts and the ball moves a ton.
    As a 76ers fan I wouldnít really be worried about any specific matchups. I think the fear there is just that the shooting hits a down stretch at a bad time. Just for reference, their shooting 35.2% from 3 as a team this year. Not good, but not a death sentence either. They have other strengths. Problem is, shooting 35.2% as a team doesnít mean you shoot that every game. Averages are a balance of ups and downs. Shooting 35% is probably fine for them, but if they get there in a 7 game series by going 25%, 22%, 50%, 48%, 45%, 27%, and 28% then those games in the 20s might be too much to overcome.

Thatís my concern with PHI and I think it applies to a series vs any team. They have great size and that helps them defensively but letís not make Al Horford out to be this physically imposing big man. From watching him closely I know that while he can score in the post heís not going to consistently just physically dominate down low, even against PFs. That size is a big part of what they do defensively but I donít think itís the matchup nightmare on offense that some people argue it as on paper.

NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    As a 76ers fan I wouldnít really be worried about any specific matchups. I think the fear there is just that the shooting hits a down stretch at a bad time. Just for reference, their shooting 35.2% from 3 as a team this year. Not good, but not a death sentence either. They have other strengths. Problem is, shooting 35.2% as a team doesnít mean you shoot that every game. Averages are a balance of ups and downs. Shooting 35% is probably fine for them, but if they get there in a 7 game series by going 25%, 22%, 50%, 48%, 45%, 27%, and 28% then those games in the 20s might be too much to overcome.

Thatís my concern with PHI and I think it applies to a series vs any team. They have great size and that helps them defensively but letís not make Al Horford out to be this physically imposing big man. From watching him closely I know that while he can score in the post heís not going to consistently just physically dominate down low, even against PFs. That size is a big part of what they do defensively but I donít think itís the matchup nightmare on offense that some people argue it as on paper.
    yea its no real offense meant tbh... i wasnt sold on hating because of your sch but you played us tough then beat bucks/mavs etc... you dont turn the ball over a ton... i could be wrong about that... you move the ball a **** ton and your coach adjusts quickly before the game gets out of hands.... this isnt to **** on brown but it took him an entire first half to adjust to zone defense against our recent team.... coaching/3 point shooting/ball movement and lack of self mistakes favors the celtics and that is huge... you guys are a system team and nomatter who goes down you will just plug in another cog and be as successful... me and you were on par with saying kyrie is bad for the lockeroom system even if he is a much better player over kemba.... i was praying that was wrong but it was clearly right..... i like how we match up with you guys currently because of horford but you have plenty of time to get a center and we have plenty of time to get 3 point shooter or 2.... regular season means **** tbh....1 home game means nothing... top 4 seed in the east is all the matters and it will be bucks/sixers/celtics/raptors.... from there it gets interesting. Matchups will be key. Your team is no pushover.

Tatum is good but he is no luka Doncic. Well for that matter nobody is.

28.3/10.3/9.1 huh..

Now that GS isn't winning I can't wait to see Green go off the rails. We also get to see what he can do without an All-Star team surrounding him. I feel like it's not gonna be pretty.

Side note, DLo is balling. I think the Nets really screwed up letting him go and replacing him with Kyrie unless KD flat out said he wouldn't come without Kyrie....which is also stupid.

Rippin' lips son!!

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Now that GS isn't winning I can't wait to see Green go off the rails. We also get to see what he can do without an All-Star team surrounding him. I feel like it's not gonna be pretty.

Side note, DLo is balling. I think the Nets really screwed up letting him go and replacing him with Kyrie unless KD flat out said he wouldn't come without Kyrie....which is also stupid.
    I think wherever they ended up, it was going to be Kyrie, KD and DJ or none of them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123