Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by O_Touro View Post
    Blame the coach, don't blame lauri or Zach.

All this team does is run (stupidly) from one court to another and then run the ball from left to right, left to the right ending up shooting contested shots or making stupid turnovers.

Nobody cuts through the defense, you hardly see pick and rolls or post moves... You just mive the ball to quickly jumping to soon into bad shot selection.

Our best chance of winning is a 19yo rookie with a funny hair caching fire one game or another
    Boylen just signed a 3 year extension he's not going anywhere. And even if they did fire him who are they gonna replace him with? The season just started there's nobody out there. Paxson doesn't like interviewing candidates he'll just end up hiring another yes man to take Boylen's place. I doubt any reputable coach would want to work for Paxson anyway.

I think the problem with Zach and Lauri is they are fine as complimentary players but they are not star players that are good enough to carry a team. If the Bulls had a true super star on their team Zach and Lauri would be good 2nd and 3rd best players. The Bulls just don't have that alpha dog so Zach And Lauri are being asked to do too much.
    Last edited by ILMindState; 11-17-2019 at 12:02 PM.

double post

I look forward to hearing the end of season excuses from Paxson, as usual. I don't think they'll fire Boylen yet either. It'd be a lot easier if they didn't extend him early for no apparent reason.

Lauri has the same problem Deng had. He’s not good at creating his own shot. When he doesn’t shoot a 3, he tends to drive hard right or hard left, and once the angle is cut off, he doesn’t really have a counter move.

He could definitely benefit by playing more in the post. Clear it out for him. He has a good mid range spot up game. He’s struggling with the 3 right now, and really, never shot it all that great from distance. 36% his previous two years which is ok, but not great and not good enough to call it a strength of his game.

His main strength is something the offense doesn’t allow him to do. And even if it did, I still don’t think he’s a player you build around. I’d be shopping him pretty hard. Even with the Boylen suck factor. Coby is a rookie but he still manages to make an impact with the same HC.

I'd be shopping both Lauri and Zach.

Quote Originally Posted by DamnGoat View Post
    Yeah. I’d definitely be open to moving both of those guys. A lot of times the team plays their best ball when they’re on the bench. Zach is a walking turn over who consistently takes bad shots or bad passes. Not to mention his defense is pretty poor. Not sure what the Bulls could get back for either or both of them, but I at least hope they’re gauging the market.

I think you can only really trade 1 of them but I agree.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    I think you can only really trade 1 of them but I agree.

Why is that?

Zach certainly isn't a #1 guy, probably not even a #2 I'd we're being honest. Lauri is a year away from being expensive.

Why is that?

Zach certainly isn't a #1 guy, probably not even a #2 I'd we're being honest. Lauri is a year away from being expensive.
    I still like Lauri's potential long term. I dont like completely resetting the team either. Id look to trade Lavine first because hes not a lead guard. He's a secondary piece. See what you can build around Lauri, White and Carter. We can get a quality player in the lottery this year with any pocks we can get for Lavine and our own and move forward from there.

This team wont go anywhere with Boylen though.

Quote Originally Posted by JBears79 View Post
    I still like Lauri's potential long term. I dont like completely resetting the team either. Id look to trade Lavine first because hes not a lead guard. He's a secondary piece. See what you can build around Lauri, White and Carter. We can get a quality player in the lottery this year with any pocks we can get for Lavine and our own and move forward from there.

This team wont go anywhere with Boylen though.

I could get behind this. I'd also like to see an extended run from Lauri where he's not playing with LaVine. They've never fit well together and I don't think they ever will either. Move Zach and see what you have in Lauri first.

Last edited by DamnGoat; 11-18-2019 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    Boylen just signed a 3 year extension he's not going anywhere. And even if they did fire him who are they gonna replace him with? The season just started there's nobody out there. Paxson doesn't like interviewing candidates he'll just end up hiring another yes man to take Boylen's place. I doubt any reputable coach would want to work for Paxson anyway.

I think the problem with Zach and Lauri is they are fine as complimentary players but they are not star players that are good enough to carry a team. If the Bulls had a true super star on their team Zach and Lauri would be good 2nd and 3rd best players. The Bulls just don't have that alpha dog so Zach And Lauri are being asked to do too much.
    I didnt said Boylen was going anywhere.
    I actually like his Rotations compared to former coaches, but he doesnt know how to take advantage of the full potential of the talent we have.
    I agree with all you said, more or less. We dont have the alpha dog, but, we have a few talented players that with a good coach would be showing themselvs worthy of attracting one. Thats my point with Boylen.

What would we get in return?
    Zach, for instance, is the most talented scorer we have had since DRose. What are the odds you get a player like him if we trade him?

I mean, it depends on the return, but i doubt we would get anything decent... we have low credibility in the league right now. As a Franchise and as a talent developers.
    He is just playing the wrong part.

Pick #7, here we go!!!

Maybe Garpax extended boylen as part of the tanking effort? Tank 1-2 more years and hopefully get the #1 pick? No way this team is winning many games with that blubbering idiot.

trade Zach Lavine to Orlando for Fournier and Isaac. Do it before Orlando come tho their senses and realize they have something in him.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast