Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    The sky already fell when Kawhi chose the Clippers over the Lakers in free agency
    The sky is falling again

Mike Trudell

@LakersReporter

Using ESPNís Strength of Schedule metric, the 7-2 Lakers have played the 6th toughest one thus far. That will shift for the rest of November (low winning % for majority of their opponents), before a very difficult December bumps it back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    Mike Trudell

@LakersReporter

Using ESPNís Strength of Schedule metric, the 7-2 Lakers have played the 6th toughest one thus far. That will shift for the rest of November (low winning % for majority of their opponents), before a very difficult December bumps it back up.
    It felt like we were playing against a first place team every night. It was a good test and challenge for this newly constructed team. We should roll off another 7 game streak before the though schedule takes over.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteShadow42 View Post
    It felt like we were playing against a first place team every night. It was a good test and challenge for this newly constructed team. We should roll off another 7 game streak before the though schedule takes over.
    I'm much more concerned about the accelerated pace of games than about who we're playing. Our defense has been good, but defense also takes energy.

With one day of rest our offense starts to falter in the second half, which means our defense will also probably falter, and then even a depleted team like Toronto can wipe us out.

(There as a disappointing amount of excuse making after the loss to the Rapters, given that they were down two starters and we were at fullish strength. That's a bad sign.

If we went 7-2 the rest of the way every 9 games....

This team would be 62-20..... we have to expect some losses. Our defense is superior but we have yet to click offensively and when that does, the rest of the league better watch out. Weíre 26th in 3pters.... and itís not like we donít have shooters, itís just not dropping yet.

Tons to be optimistic about.

Quote Originally Posted by GREATNESS ONE View Post
    If we went 7-2 the rest of the way every 9 games....

This team would be 62-20..... we have to expect some losses. Our defense is superior but we have yet to click offensively and when that does, the rest of the league better watch out. Weíre 26th in 3pters.... and itís not like we donít have shooters, itís just not dropping yet.

Tons to be optimistic about.
    If we weren't old at key positions I would agree.

If we get through the next 9 games at 7-2, and without injuries, I will feel a lot better about the rest of the season.

And if we land Iggy, I will feel a LOT better about the rest of the season, even if he only plays 10 minutes a night.

In december our schedule becomes hell

Dave McMenamin:*Frank Vogel says heís hopeful Rajon Rondo makes his season debut in Phoenix tonight.*

Mike Bresnahan

@Mike_Bresnahan

Rajon Rondoís season debut is tonight vs. PHX if he makes it through shoot-around without any setbacks to his calf. Rondo and AD were tight in New Orleans, which could translate to on-court chemistry. ďWhen I got traded, he was one of the first to congratulate me,Ē AD said.

Donít rush Rondo back, heís been close to return and I think he makes a huge impact on our season.

Quote Originally Posted by Caruso Nation View Post
    If we weren't old at key positions I would agree.

If we get through the next 9 games at 7-2, and without injuries, I will feel a lot better about the rest of the season.

And if we land Iggy, I will feel a LOT better about the rest of the season, even if he only plays 10 minutes a night.
    Definitely need Iggy, every rumor has him being bought out and joining the Lakers. In December, all our contracts will be active and weíll be able to make necessary moves to improve our team.

Good to hear Rondoís torn Mangina is healing..

Donít rush Rondo back, heís been close to return and I think he makes a huge impact on our season.
    Yeah, for 10-15 games and then heíll get hurt again.

Definitely need Iggy, every rumor has him being bought out and joining the Lakers. In December, all our contracts will be active and weíll be able to make necessary moves to improve our team.
    December will be a key month to our season, very hard schedule + moves to make.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    Yeah, for 10-15 games and then heíll get hurt again.
    Itís not like weíre losing a ton of games, heís older now and theyíre being cautious. I understand the impatience but heís going to be needed during this season, rushing him back is a huge mistake.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast