Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 39 of 39
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    20,230

    Brian Urlacher Has Zero Sympathy for the Bears Defense.

    Quote Originally Posted by hester23fan4va View Post
    Bears are 4th in points allowed per game at 17 points. If an offense cannot score 21 points, it's mainly on the offense. or 9 yards in one half

    I agree, watching the defense, they don't have the same fire and are getting gutted by runs up the middle. secondary is still awesome if you ask me.
    Their first 4 games skewed that a bit. Their last 4 (not counting Lions) they’ve given up 24 ppg and a bunch of yards. I’m guessing If stafford played on Sunday the Lions score at least 23-27 points.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by hester23fan4va View Post
    are you saying someone that has never played football has equal or more knowledge than Urlacher? Defensive schemes, concepts, tendencies, etc all come from playing it. Yes you can learn it, but do you actually understand it if you've never played it.

    Challenge: how many coaches in the NFL never played football. If 1% did not play football, I'd be blown away.
    There are people on here that have never played organized football who have strong opinions on what's right or wrong and would rather not accept the fact that they really don't know what they're talking about.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    24,282
    Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    There are people on here that have never played organized football who have strong opinions on what's right or wrong and would rather not accept the fact that they really don't know what they're talking about.
    We dont know what people have studied. We dont know what people did or didn't do in Organized football.

    It doesn't invalidate opinions or preclude one from gaining legitimate knowledge about the game.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    26,146
    Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    There are people on here that have never played organized football who have strong opinions on what's right or wrong and would rather not accept the fact that they really don't know what they're talking about.
    It’s a dumbass thing to say because you’re basically ending any argument or debate. The “you wouldn’t know because you didn’t play” ******** just basically tells the other person their opinion is worthless. Why even have a discussion then?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    We dont know what people have studied. We dont know what people did or didn't do in Organized football.

    It doesn't invalidate opinions or preclude one from gaining legitimate knowledge about the game.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    So how can someone judge a person who had state-recognized honors in high school football, was a consensus All-American in college, was drafted as the ninth overall pick, spent his entire 13 year career as the face of the franchise and become a first ballot Hall of Famer, say playing the game doesn't mean you have a higher understanding of the game.

    That makes ZERO sense, and is ridiculous and ludacris.

    Just stop.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    704
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    It’s a dumbass thing to say because you’re basically ending any argument or debate. The “you wouldn’t know because you didn’t play” ******** just basically tells the other person their opinion is worthless. Why even have a discussion then?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Compared to what Brian Urlacher has to say??

    I'm not talking amongst ourselves, I'm talking about an intelligent person who has played the game.

    There's a pretty wide gap of knowledge between an armchair football fan and a 13 HOFer Vet.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    24,282
    Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    So how can someone judge a person who had state-recognized honors in high school football, was a consensus All-American in college, was drafted as the ninth overall pick, spent his entire 13 year career as the face of the franchise and become a first ballot Hall of Famer, say playing the game doesn't mean you have a higher understanding of the game.

    That makes ZERO sense, and is ridiculous and ludacris.

    Just stop.
    We are saying that hall of fame football players at any position, even QB or MLB, can potentially be worse than others at analyzing the game. Even some fans.

    It isn't an end all be all. It's not an extreme viewpoint.



    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    16,378
    Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Their first 4 games skewed that a bit. Their last 4 (not counting Lions) they’ve given up 24 ppg and a bunch of yards. I’m guessing If stafford played on Sunday the Lions score at least 23-27 points.
    Imo, this is also skewed because of how horrible the offense has been. If you have multiple 3 and outs no points to account for, the defense will be on the field a lot to the point of exhaustion. The other team on the other hand is going to get multiple chances to score... and the the result of the 24ppg is probably the combination of both exhaustion and all the chances the other team is getting on offense.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    16,378
    The defense is fine, they are just exhausted from carrying the offense.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •