Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Brian Urlacher Has Zero Sympathy for the Bears Defense.

Quote Originally Posted by hester23fan4va View Post
    Bears are 4th in points allowed per game at 17 points. If an offense cannot score 21 points, it's mainly on the offense. or 9 yards in one half

I agree, watching the defense, they don't have the same fire and are getting gutted by runs up the middle. secondary is still awesome if you ask me.
    Their first 4 games skewed that a bit. Their last 4 (not counting Lions) they’ve given up 24 ppg and a bunch of yards. I’m guessing If stafford played on Sunday the Lions score at least 23-27 points.

Quote Originally Posted by hester23fan4va View Post
    are you saying someone that has never played football has equal or more knowledge than Urlacher? Defensive schemes, concepts, tendencies, etc all come from playing it. Yes you can learn it, but do you actually understand it if you've never played it.

Challenge: how many coaches in the NFL never played football. If 1% did not play football, I'd be blown away.
    There are people on here that have never played organized football who have strong opinions on what's right or wrong and would rather not accept the fact that they really don't know what they're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    There are people on here that have never played organized football who have strong opinions on what's right or wrong and would rather not accept the fact that they really don't know what they're talking about.
    We dont know what people have studied. We dont know what people did or didn't do in Organized football.

It doesn't invalidate opinions or preclude one from gaining legitimate knowledge about the game.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

It’s a dumbass thing to say because you’re basically ending any argument or debate. The “you wouldn’t know because you didn’t play” ******** just basically tells the other person their opinion is worthless. Why even have a discussion then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    We dont know what people have studied. We dont know what people did or didn't do in Organized football.

It doesn't invalidate opinions or preclude one from gaining legitimate knowledge about the game.

So how can someone judge a person who had state-recognized honors in high school football, was a consensus All-American in college, was drafted as the ninth overall pick, spent his entire 13 year career as the face of the franchise and become a first ballot Hall of Famer, say playing the game doesn't mean you have a higher understanding of the game.

That makes ZERO sense, and is ridiculous and ludacris.

Just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    It’s a dumbass thing to say because you’re basically ending any argument or debate. The “you wouldn’t know because you didn’t play” ******** just basically tells the other person their opinion is worthless. Why even have a discussion then?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Compared to what Brian Urlacher has to say??

I'm not talking amongst ourselves, I'm talking about an intelligent person who has played the game.

There's a pretty wide gap of knowledge between an armchair football fan and a 13 HOFer Vet.

So how can someone judge a person who had state-recognized honors in high school football, was a consensus All-American in college, was drafted as the ninth overall pick, spent his entire 13 year career as the face of the franchise and become a first ballot Hall of Famer, say playing the game doesn't mean you have a higher understanding of the game.

That makes ZERO sense, and is ridiculous and ludacris.

Just stop.
    We are saying that hall of fame football players at any position, even QB or MLB, can potentially be worse than others at analyzing the game. Even some fans.

It isn't an end all be all. It's not an extreme viewpoint.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    Their first 4 games skewed that a bit. Their last 4 (not counting Lions) they’ve given up 24 ppg and a bunch of yards. I’m guessing If stafford played on Sunday the Lions score at least 23-27 points.
    Imo, this is also skewed because of how horrible the offense has been. If you have multiple 3 and outs no points to account for, the defense will be on the field a lot to the point of exhaustion. The other team on the other hand is going to get multiple chances to score... and the the result of the 24ppg is probably the combination of both exhaustion and all the chances the other team is getting on offense.

The defense is fine, they are just exhausted from carrying the offense.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123