Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 39
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,622
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    When it comes to being more knowledgeable about football I will take the hall of famer every time over chat room geeks
    Good for you. Being a good player doesnít necessarily make you right, but you do you.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Los Angeles County, CA
    Posts
    44,523
    The defense deserved plenty of criticism for the playoff game before Parkey's shank as well. What did they give up, 3 4th down conversions and a 2 point conversion on the final drive? Also failed to seal wins against the Dolphins and the Giants that would have ensured a 1st round bye. It's hard not to give them a pass because they've carried the team so much but it's the truth.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    26,413
    Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Good for you. Being a good player doesnít necessarily make you right, but you do you.
    Yeah I don't give a crap about Urlacher's opinion. I don't "feel bad" for the defense, but it's also dumb to act like it's their fault we're losing games. It wasn't the defense's fault when the Bears weren't winning during Urlacher's career, and it's not now. New generation, same old story- the offense is awful.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,755
    He didnít exclusively blame the defense, he just didnít give them a free pass. The defense has definitely dropped the past 5 weeks, whatís wrong with pointing it out and saying just because the offense is bad it doesnít give the defense a free pass when they play below their expectations? He is a defensive guy and pointing out defensive issues. Its way more on the offensive deficiencies for sure but if the defense was playing at the level they played against the Packers and Vikings or most games last season they would have won at least 2 more games. The defense was up in the clouds, some were saying as good as the 85 Bears. What are they, 10th in the NFL? Still good but not near the level they set from last season.

    The offense blows, with an average offense we would probably be 7-2. But if the defense played at the lofty levels that were set for this season, the level they played last season, we would have a few more wins as well in spite of the offense.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    He didnít exclusively blame the defense, he just didnít give them a free pass. The defense has definitely dropped the past 5 weeks, whatís wrong with pointing it out and saying just because the offense is bad it doesnít give the defense a free pass when they play below their expectations? He is a defensive guy and pointing out defensive issues. Its way more on the offensive deficiencies for sure but if the defense was playing at the level they played against the Packers and Vikings or most games last season they would have won at least 2 more games. The defense was up in the clouds, some were saying as good as the 85 Bears. What are they, 10th in the NFL? Still good but not near the level they set from last season.

    The offense blows, with an average offense we would probably be 7-2. But if the defense played at the lofty levels that were set for this season, the level they played last season, we would have a few more wins as well in spite of the offense.
    I agree. We would have a couple more wins if the defense didn't collapse on the final drives and we would have a few more if the offense didn't stink entirely.

    I see nothing wrong with what Urlacher said.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    20,241
    Defense has given up 24 ppg over the last 4 games. They were good the first 4, not so good after that. They clearly arenít playing as good as they are expected.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    26,146
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvaged Ship View Post
    When it comes to being more knowledgeable about football I will take the hall of famer every time over chat room geeks
    A lot of football players are pretty dumb. Thatís just being honest. Just because they were good doesnít mean theyíre smart.

    And I donít know why this jock mentality is still a thing where you have to have played the sport to have some transcendent knowledge of it. You can know just as much as anyone else even if you havenít played the game. If players learned finer details, why canít fans? In a lot of cases, fans have a way higher intellectual capacity to actually understand the game. I hate when people talk down to others who didnít play.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    A lot of football players are pretty dumb. Thatís just being honest. Just because they were good doesnít mean theyíre smart.
    Sure, there are lots of dumb football players, but Urlacher isn't one of them. I'm not saying he's an Einstein or Tesla smart, but I'm sure he's intelligent enough to know football...crap, he was the MLB calling the defenses and getting people in position.

    We're not talking about Dez Bryant or Adam Jones.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,755
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    A lot of football players are pretty dumb. Thatís just being honest. Just because they were good doesnít mean theyíre smart.

    And I donít know why this jock mentality is still a thing where you have to have played the sport to have some transcendent knowledge of it. You can know just as much as anyone else even if you havenít played the game. If players learned finer details, why canít fans? In a lot of cases, fans have a way higher intellectual capacity to actually understand the game. I hate when people talk down to others who didnít play.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you say so

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    24,292
    Yeah, playing the game doesn't mean you have a higher understanding of the game.

    That's a bad take.

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    20,241
    Quote Originally Posted by I don't care. View Post
    Sure, there are lots of dumb football players, but Urlacher isn't one of them. I'm not saying he's an Einstein or Tesla smart, but I'm sure he's intelligent enough to know football...crap, he was the MLB calling the defenses and getting people in position.

    We're not talking about Dez Bryant or Adam Jones.
    Exactly. The defense has really fallen off after the first 4 games. They havenít played good enough over the last 5. If Stafford played instead of Driskell, the Lions score a lot more points. Not sure why people are criticizing urlacher for his take here lol. Theyíre not playing like a super bowl caliber defense of late, and thatís the expectations of the unit. Nothing really debatable here.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    670
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Yeah, playing the game doesn't mean you have a higher understanding of the game.

    That's a bad take.
    are you saying someone that has never played football has equal or more knowledge than Urlacher? Defensive schemes, concepts, tendencies, etc all come from playing it. Yes you can learn it, but do you actually understand it if you've never played it.

    Challenge: how many coaches in the NFL never played football. If 1% did not play football, I'd be blown away.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    6,861
    Since when did 54 become a mouth piece for the organization? This seems like something Ryan Pace would say

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    670
    Bears are 4th in points allowed per game at 17 points. If an offense cannot score 21 points, it's mainly on the offense. or 9 yards in one half

    I agree, watching the defense, they don't have the same fire and are getting gutted by runs up the middle. secondary is still awesome if you ask me.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    8,755
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Yeah, playing the game doesn't mean you have a higher understanding of the game.

    That's a bad take.
    Thatís not the take. The take was Urlacher, a hall of famer and one of the greatest Bears ever, the guy who pretty much ran a great defense for many years, knows more about football then the posters in here. Yeah, really bad take there....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •