Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 401
  1. #241
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    175
    New Orleans Pelicans head coach Alvin Gentry announced that the team has removed Lonzo Ball from the starting lineup and will force him to come off the bench starting Monday night against the Detroit Pistons.

    Acquired from the Los Angeles Lakers in the Anthony Davis blockbuster this past summer, Ball has struggled.

    The former No. 2 overall pick is shooting just 38% from the field this season. That includes a horrible 30% mark over the past three games.


    https://sportsnaut.com/2019/12/pelic...rd-lonzo-ball/
    Last edited by LakeShowAZ; 12-10-2019 at 07:34 AM.

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    9,563
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeShowAZ View Post
    New Orleans Pelicans head coach Alvin Gentry announced that the team has removed Lonzo Ball from the starting lineup and will force him to come off the bench starting Monday night against the Detroit Pistons.

    Acquired from the Los Angeles Lakers in the Anthony Davis blockbuster this past summer, Ball has struggled.

    The former No. 2 overall pick is shooting just 38% from the field this season. That includes a horrible 30% mark over the past three games.


    https://sportsnaut.com/2019/12/pelic...rd-lonzo-ball/
    **** them kids....

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    23,029
    Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    **** them kids....

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Nice
    Posts
    26,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Mave1002 View Post
    Not a lip reading expert but if you skip to 9secs -- I think WB went like "Guarantee you bruh, we'll lose the game! Set in stone!" then if you watch closely you can see PJ Tucker punching him for the remark.....

    https://twitter.com/chriskern11/stat...42210897715208
    I can't confirm what you just said lol

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,959
    Quote Originally Posted by LakeShowAZ View Post
    New Orleans Pelicans head coach Alvin Gentry announced that the team has removed Lonzo Ball from the starting lineup and will force him to come off the bench starting Monday night against the Detroit Pistons.

    Acquired from the Los Angeles Lakers in the Anthony Davis blockbuster this past summer, Ball has struggled.

    The former No. 2 overall pick is shooting just 38% from the field this season. That includes a horrible 30% mark over the past three games.


    https://sportsnaut.com/2019/12/pelic...rd-lonzo-ball/
    Fire Gentry


    HE IS A BUM


    He's overrated of getting to the Nash led Suns to the 2010 WCF, but honestly he was just continuing D'Antoni's system, and that Suns team had already been to 2 prior WCFs in 2005 & 2006.


    And he's highly reputable for being an assistant on Kerr's coaching staff in GSW



    People forget how horrid of a coach he was for the Clippers in the early 2000s. Just yuck.

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    16,916
    Nope... What i think people forget is Lonzo is inconsistent and cant shoot well. It dont matter who the coach is at this point. He was over hyped by his dad. The kid has potential but he's not there yet no need to rush. NO got an uptempo style which is just up Ball alley so changing coach wont help. They won a few games with him out but is yet to win on his return. minimal impact. Said it before him and Ingram dont mesh. Lonzo meshed with Kuzma and Hart back then thats it. As is now to be honest Lonzo a bench player. a guy to come off the bench help run the second unit and play lock down defense from 1-3.

    I wish we were lucky and drafted Mitchell instead then maybe they would have been able to keep Ingram.

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    16,916
    This draft class was rated all wrong. Fultz, Ball, Josh was rated to high. In a redraft i can see Ball at 5-7. He has the tools he just got to keep working at it. This should be another wake up call. I think his shot looks better and i do see some improvement. The league is not standing still so as he improve so will others and another draft will be here again. So he needs to put on the hard hat.
    Last edited by ldawg; 12-10-2019 at 03:14 PM.

  8. #248
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    16,916
    Couple things could be happening here. NO could have pulled the plug on the season and now show casing vet players like JJ. Maybe they are trying to light a fire under Ball. Maybe they have arrived that he is the odd man out. Of maybe they just trying to shake things up. After all they are close in most games just cant win.

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Death Valley
    Posts
    8,423
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Nope... What i think people forget is Lonzo is inconsistent and cant shoot well. It dont matter who the coach is at this point. He was over hyped by his dad. The kid has potential but he's not there yet no need to rush. NO got an uptempo style which is just up Ball alley so changing coach wont help. They won a few games with him out but is yet to win on his return. minimal impact. Said it before him and Ingram dont mesh. Lonzo meshed with Kuzma and Hart back then thats it. As is now to be honest Lonzo a bench player. a guy to come off the bench help run the second unit and play lock down defense from 1-3.

    I wish we were lucky and drafted Mitchell instead then maybe they would have been able to keep Ingram.
    Either way the Lakers suck at signing or drafting PG's

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Death Valley
    Posts
    8,423
    Well the standings are looking right.

    https://www.espn.com/nba/standings

    Like I said I want the Clips in the WCF because no one beats the Clips, but us.

  11. #251
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    16,916
    Quote Originally Posted by deadman8586 View Post
    Either way the Lakers suck at signing or drafting PG's
    Thing is when you draft super young guys expectations cant be so high. Both from an organization that is expected to win and us fans. Lonzo was not ready from day 1. To be honest he should have been coming off the bench in LA. His shooting was to busted. Both him and fultz sported busted shots and it would have been even worst had we drafted Fultz. Russell was not great but hes been ok and i think Lonzo will be to. Letting go of Russell for Ball was a step backwards.

    Russell, Mitchell, Ingram, Randle, Zubac, Kuzma. Is not bad. Personally i think Lakers could have ended up with Davis and Beal both dealing those guys.

    I think its obvious their people was not in contact with Paul George or Kawhi.
    Last edited by ldawg; 12-10-2019 at 10:37 PM.

  12. #252
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    16,916
    Quote Originally Posted by deadman8586 View Post
    Well the standings are looking right.

    https://www.espn.com/nba/standings

    Like I said I want the Clips in the WCF because no one beats the Clips, but us.
    I worry about the Clippers. If they fire on all cylinders its going to be rough. If Lebron or Davis get hurt for any reason we are toast. If we are healthy however we can beat them but it wont be easy unless Kuzma wakes up come Playoff time

  13. #253
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Death Valley
    Posts
    8,423
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    Thing is when you draft super young guys expectations cant be so high. Both from an organization that is expected to win and us fans. Lonzo was not ready from day 1. To be honest he should have been coming off the bench in LA. His shooting was to busted. Both him and fultz sported busted shots and it would have been even worst had we drafted Fultz. Russell was not great but hes been ok and i think Lonzo will be to. Letting go of Russell for Ball was a step backwards.

    Russell, Mitchell, Ingram, Randle, Zubac, Kuzma. Is not bad. Personally i think Lakers could have ended up with Davis and Beal both dealing those guys.

    I think its obvious their people was not in contact with Paul George or Kawhi.
    Well it was either deal with the snitch or deal with LaVar either way we lose. Also other teams passed on Mitchell not just us.

  14. #254
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Death Valley
    Posts
    8,423
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    I worry about the Clippers. If they fire on all cylinders its going to be rough. If Lebron or Davis get hurt for any reason we are toast. If we are healthy however we can beat them but it wont be easy unless Kuzma wakes up come Playoff time
    I know.

  15. #255
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    13,003
    https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/s...06251616727040

    He shot 1-6 from 3 against the Lakeshow in November

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •