Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Fire Mike Pettine

Iíll get flamed for this, and thatís fine.

But itís pretty obvious this guy isnít the answer. Despite the talk of promise last year, the defense finished only marginally improved from the year before with Capers. He needed better players. Made sense.

3 big free agent signings later, and this defense sucks. They hit their high water mark early in the year and have gone straight into the toilet since. Absolute garbage 3 weeks in a row. Canít stop the run, and the secondary canít cover a damn thing. I think most of us thought our secondary was pretty promising coming into the year. I just canít see it now.

You get better players, you have to deliver. Instead, weíre seeing regression this year. Run defense is garbage. Secondary has taken a huge step back. Kenny Clark has disappeared- he was supposed to be a budding superstar! We canít do anything consistently. We just gave up over 400 yards to a team playing their backup Qb. Take away some throwaways and the guy completed nearly every pass he threw. Had a higher completion percentage than Rodgers. And heís a backup!

Fire this guy.

lol i thought the defense played well tbh... i am far more worried about the Oline/stupid penalties and how our team always drops easy interceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    lol i thought the defense played well tbh... i am far more worried about the Oline/stupid penalties and how our team always drops easy interceptions.
    Played well? They gave up over 400 yards. DBís werenít even attempting to cover receivers. Iím sure somebody is gonna say ďwe only gave up 16 points...Ē but that is pure luck, really.

Jaire has stone hands. This team should have traded for Minkah as many of us have said this group is a guy short in the secondary. Redmond sucks. He is Jarrett Bush-like. Fine on ST but not a starting defensive player.

The defense really needs a solution at the dime backer/coverage LB. The tight ends and crossing routes over the middle are killing them.

If only Josh Jones would have worked out. Hopefully Ibraheim Campbell can fill this roll better than what we've had so far.
    Last edited by ugottabjoshinme; 11-11-2019 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    The defense really needs a solution at the dime backer/coverage LB. The tight ends and crossing routes over the middle are killing them.

If only Josh Jones would have worked out. Hopefully Ibraheim Campbell can fill this roll better than what we've had so far.
    Raven Greene injury an underrated one.

All this 1 LB **** is getting really freaking old. So you play soft on the run, then you have all these DBs but you tell them to play off the ball and not get beat deep but everyone kills us by a million paper cuts. I'm not asking to blitz to death, there has to be a middle ground

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    All this 1 LB **** is getting really freaking old. So you play soft on the run, then you have all these DBs but you tell them to play off the ball and not get beat deep but everyone kills us by a million paper cuts. I'm not asking to blitz to death, there has to be a middle ground
    Thats the thing thats so weird though. Last week they got eaten up all game but seemed to be able to dial up pressure and get sacks almost at will when they really needed to. I dont understand why they played so soft most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    Thats the thing thats so weird though. Last week they got eaten up all game but seemed to be able to dial up pressure and get sacks almost at will when they really needed to. I dont understand why they played so soft most of the time.
    It's the extreme bend don't break. Luckily it didn't break last week, but tighten it up a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ugottabjoshinme View Post
    It's the extreme bend don't break. Luckily it didn't break last week, but tighten it up a little bit.
    As someone else has said, its like pettine coaching scared. Scared of what? I dunno. But he needs to snap out of it. The early season reason for optimism has almost completely evaporated.

According to football outsiders metrics, the packers have played the toughest schedule for a defense and it actually isn't even particularly close. According to their adjustments, the gap between the packers schedule and the 2nd toughest schedule is bigger than the gap between 2nd and 5th.