Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 59 of 59
  1. #46
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    15,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Lamar's true test will show after his first big injury. Will he still play the same way, or will it **** with his mind?
    Lamar is actually not run-first and has demonstrated that he can go through reads just fine. His accuracy and footwork aren't the best yet but people comparing him to RG3 are purely basing that off of how great Jackson is at running the ball. It doesn't mean he can't throw!

    Here are some examples vs. the Patriots including him identifying a Cover 0 blitz and accurately delivering the ball: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6m-GPKNDqk&t=551

    Taking away everyone's running ability, I'd still take Jackson over the rest of his draft class at this point. I thought Mayfield was the best passer but he regressed hard.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    8,270
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Lamar is actually not run-first and has demonstrated that he can go through reads just fine. His accuracy and footwork aren't the best yet but people comparing him to RG3 are purely basing that off of how great Jackson is at running the ball. It doesn't mean he can't throw!

    Here are some examples vs. the Patriots including him identifying a Cover 0 blitz and accurately delivering the ball: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6m-GPKNDqk&t=551

    Taking away everyone's running ability, I'd still take Jackson over the rest of his draft class at this point. I thought Mayfield was the best passer but he regressed hard.
    Defenses respecting his run opens up the pass for him. If he gets injured and the opposition instinctively feels and notice his hesitation, they will defend him a bit different.

    He still has upside as a passer true. The key with his game is what he is doing right now, make he timely plays and exploit mismatches. If the defense thinks he scared to get hit in the future he will have to up his pocket game.

    I like his vibe and presence though. If he puts in the work, he'll be fine.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    11,065
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Lamar is actually not run-first and has demonstrated that he can go through reads just fine. His accuracy and footwork aren't the best yet but people comparing him to RG3 are purely basing that off of how great Jackson is at running the ball. It doesn't mean he can't throw!

    Here are some examples vs. the Patriots including him identifying a Cover 0 blitz and accurately delivering the ball: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6m-GPKNDqk&t=551

    Taking away everyone's running ability, I'd still take Jackson over the rest of his draft class at this point. I thought Mayfield was the best passer but he regressed hard.
    That play doesn't show him going through post-snap reads, looks like he's zoned in on his first read. Identifying cover 0 is good and all, but it's expected. It's not like he's identifying a well disguised pre-snap look and audible to a different play.

    I like him and I'm not saying he won't be able to successfully throw 30 times while running less than 8 times, but I haven't seen anything to suggest he'll do it yet. He gets tons of gimmicky rollouts and misdirection that manufactures easy one read run option passes. He's literally in Kaepernick's offense but faster. I'd like to see him succeed with traditional passing against defense that isn't worried hes going to take off and run even on 3rd and 15.

    BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    56,389
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    . He gets tons of gimmicky rollouts and misdirection that manufactures easy one read run option passes.
    So when a pocket passer runs a PA Pass or a naked bootleg, is that a gimmick that manufactures easy 1 read passes?

  5. #50
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    15,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Defenses respecting his run opens up the pass for him. If he gets injured and the opposition instinctively feels and notice his hesitation, they will defend him a bit different.

    He still has upside as a passer true. The key with his game is what he is doing right now, make he timely plays and exploit mismatches. If the defense thinks he scared to get hit in the future he will have to up his pocket game.

    I like his vibe and presence though. If he puts in the work, he'll be fine.
    Yes, the offense wouldn't be as explosive without him running the ball.

    I'm just saying people shouldn't judge him by the fact that he does run. He's not a one-read-and-go guy. NFL defenses figured that type out years ago.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    15,635
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    That play doesn't show him going through post-snap reads, looks like he's zoned in on his first read.
    That's a different play in the video.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6m-GPKNDqk&t=817
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 11-13-2019 at 09:37 AM.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    10,159
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Yes, the offense wouldn't be as explosive without him running the ball.

    I'm just saying people shouldn't judge him by the fact that he does run. He's not a one-read-and-go guy. NFL defenses figured that type out years ago.
    one of 'em is holding a workout Saturday
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,856
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Lamar is actually not run-first and has demonstrated that he can go through reads just fine. His accuracy and footwork aren't the best yet but people comparing him to RG3 are purely basing that off of how great Jackson is at running the ball.
    And yet RG3 put up better passing stats his rookie year...
    Dak: 14,998 @ 66.0%, 7.6 per att, 91+21 TD, 36 INT
    Wentz: 12,992 @ 63.4%, 6.9 per att, 90+3 TD, 35 INT



    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    9,856
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    He's literally in Kaepernick's offense but faster.
    Tyrod Taylor's offense, but faster and taller.
    Dak: 14,998 @ 66.0%, 7.6 per att, 91+21 TD, 36 INT
    Wentz: 12,992 @ 63.4%, 6.9 per att, 90+3 TD, 35 INT



    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

  10. #55
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    15,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    And yet RG3 put up better passing stats his rookie year...
    Yeah because it was new back then. RG3 had more wide-open guys to throw to.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    15,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    Tyrod Taylor's offense, but faster and taller.
    That's like saying Aaron Rodgers is running Case Keenum's offense but faster and taller.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    11,065
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    That's a different play in the video.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6m-GPKNDqk&t=817
    I don't have any reason to **** on that play, he did well and got through his reads. I'd like to see it consistently though. We also don't know what he was seeing or how the play was designed. It's possible he misread the pre-snap coverage (he snaps the ball while the CB is running with the motion WR, before he fails back) which is why he could've missed the TD if he waited longer. That's honestly nice play calling in addition to Lamar executing it well.

    I just want to see him throw 30 times from the pocket in situations where the defense isn't worried about him running before I declare him the next great thing rather than the flavor of the year.

    BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

  13. #58
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    [emoji288]
    Posts
    15,635
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'd like to see it consistently though.
    Well, then watch more of him.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    11,065
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Well, then watch more of him.
    I've watched 5 of 9 games this season, including that ******** on Sunday. Any more and I might as well be a Ravens fan.

    BuT mUh 60% cOmPlEtion

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •