Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Seabrook, de Haan out for remainder of season

Blackhawks announced both Brent Seabrook and Calvin de Haan will each undergo shoulder surgery and miss the remainder of the 2019-20 NHL season. Seabrook will also undergo surgery procedures to both sides of his hip in Jan & Feb 2020.

Both were placed on LTIR.

Brandon Saad also will be out at least 3 weeks with his ankle injury
    Last edited by CubsRule08; 12-26-2019 at 02:39 PM.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Seabrook and de Haan underwent successful shoulder surgeries today, via Blackhawks twitter account.

de Haan will be ready in about 4-5 months, and Seabrook’s timeline will be determined after he has both his hip surgeries

2016 World Series Champions!!!

I still don't understand how we didn't take Byram at 3 given the age and mileage on Keith and Seabrook.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I still don't understand how we didn't take Byram at 3 given the age and mileage on Keith and Seabrook.
    Because we were told we already had a high-end D man in Jokiharju with others coming right behind him.... haha

Think Stan figured since he couldn't solve the 2C position the last 5 years or so he had to take his shot with the pick.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Because we were told we already had a high-end D man in Jokiharju with others coming right behind him.... haha

Think Stan figured since he couldn't solve the 2C position the last 5 years or so he had to take his shot with the pick.
    I hate it when GMs use the phrase, "We fell in love with his game." Those are the famous last words of every GM who passed on the consensus pick to go another route.

Not only that, but it was Dach. I had him in the 8-12 range.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

"of course tom 'jan' brady would whine about a rule change."
    -chipurmunki

Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    Not only that, but it was Dach. I had him in the 8-12 range.
    I think I had him as my 5th center in the draft. Really like Turcotte. Zegras seems really exciting as well. If you're picking that high you might as well go for the guys who have elite potential. Even Cozens, if you wanted size, he has size but also is an elite skater unlike Dach.

My biggest issue with Dach is that nothing about him seems above the rest of the class. The 2019 draft class wasn't a weak one. It wasn't Ovechkin, Malkin, and then everyone else. If you have the 3rd overall pick, you'd better be coming away with a talent that stands out from the rest. Dach didn't.

Makar and Byram are going to win the Stanley Cup in Colorado. Probably sooner than we realize.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    My biggest issue with Dach is that nothing about him seems above the rest of the class. The 2019 draft class wasn't a weak one. It wasn't Ovechkin, Malkin, and then everyone else. If you have the 3rd overall pick, you'd better be coming away with a talent that stands out from the rest. Dach didn't.

Makar and Byram are going to win the Stanley Cup in Colorado. Probably sooner than we realize.
    Yes exactly. Dach doesn't have one elite skill. He's seemingly above average at everything and was a safe pick. Might make an all-star game in his career, but probably just a solid 2nd line center at his best.

Sucks we took the safe road.