Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

NHL Around the League

Discuss non blackhawks nhl news/anything here

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Colorado was my choice to win the West this year, man do they look good early. Still some good young players yet to debut out of that system too.
    Chicago Cubs • Chicago Blackhawks • Buffalo Bills • Southern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi Osaka • Angelique Kerber • Bianca Andreescu

Do you think there would be any interest in Toews around the league? I've been calling for a Toews trade for 2-3 years while his value was still high. I don't know how it is possible at his age, but he just doesn't seem to have it anymore. You can't live with his contract and win unless he gets back to a level he hasn't been at since the last cup.

Lol, thanks for that. I needed a laugh.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

try not to laugh
    "I’m not a ham-fisted nitwit."
    -Stork

Quote Originally Posted by chipurmunki View Post
    Lol, thanks for that. I needed a laugh.
    You need a laugh? Have you watched the Hawks the past few years? Toews for at least the last 2 years has been basically good 2nd line center.

His defense hasn't been anything close to when he could shutdown any top center. He was never a game breaker offensively, just very good when we were winning cups. He hasn't produced offensively what you would expect for awhile and his defensive abilities have seemed to fade as well.

There is no world where Toews is worth 10.5 million. Love the guy, but his production at this point is easily replaceable. If you could dump that money without paying any of it, the move would be genius.

Toews had a career year last year. Career high 35 goals, career high 81 points, over 50% at the dot.

The whole team sucks right now and it isn't for lack of talent. The next five are against Vancouver, Pittsburgh, Toronto, Vegas, and Nashville. There's a very, very good chance we go 0-5 in that stretch. The Colliton Blackhawks suck.
    Chicago Cubs • Chicago Blackhawks • Buffalo Bills • Southern Illinois University Salukis

Saw a rumor floating out that Hawks are talking with Kings on a Toews/Keith for Doughty/Top prospect. Wow. If there's any truth to that, Toews value must be low with that contract.

Don't know how I'd feel about committing to an even longer huge deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    Saw a rumor floating out that Hawks are talking with Kings on a Toews/Keith for Doughty/Top prospect. Wow. If there's any truth to that, Toews value must be low with that contract.

Don't know how I'd feel about committing to an even longer huge deal.
    That rumor makes very little sense for both sides. Can't imagine there's any truth to that at all.

Predators fired HC Peter Laviolette.

I’d take a flyer on him

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Predators fired HC Peter Laviolette.

I’d take a flyer on him
    Me too. Still think the last few years are mostly on Bowman, but Colliton isn't getting the most out of this team either.

Shocker: Knights fire Gerard Gallant.

Sign me up for him as well.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Shocker: Knights fire Gerard Gallant.

Sign me up for him as well.
    I don’t understand this one at all. Have there ever been this many coaches fired so closely to one another mid-season before? Gallant has immediately become my #1 choice.

Starting to wonder if the Bowman crew is guna be fired if we don't make the playoffs and they aren't letting him get a new coach. So many reputable coaches have been fired and would be a better fit here.

some of the recent firings are not performance-based, but allegations-based. i'm with y'all though, disregard them and there's still a ton of coaching changes. i can see the logic behind most of the moves, but gallant is a real head-scratcher. i'm in the anyone-but-colliton camp, but goodness, gallant is just what we need.
    HAWKS '13 ,'1 4, & '15 PREMIERS

"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti...ffftt ffftt ffftt!"

try not to laugh
    "I’m not a ham-fisted nitwit."
    -Stork