Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Predictions

Predictions

Very simple, predict something...

My prediction is that LBJ and AD will miss a combined 50 (at least) games this season.

I don't think either player has ever been under the microscope and has ever been as scrutinized as they will be this season. It's championship or bust.

I think both players will be watched so closely that they really won't be able to coast through the regular season. And when they do they will be called out on it.

Hope I'm wrong but if I had to put $ on it (50+/- combined missed games), I'd go with the +.

In before close

Lol why would it get closed?

I predict Lebron will get Vogel fired by season end.

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan85 View Post
    I predict Lebron will get Vogel fired by season end.
    It wouldnít surprise me if we have a first round exit or something. I predict we are the 6th seed instead of at the top but kick it in gear in the playoffs.

I predict that Dwight Howard will come out before the end of the season

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I predict that Dwight Howard will come out before the end of the season
    This is the prediction that will most likely come true..

I thought Howard already came out with his cornrows/braids. I expect him to be sporting some burettes soon. Also show up to a game with RuPaul

Sig bet time!

Lakers to win it all!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by b-ballistic View Post
    Sig bet time!

Lakers to win it all!!!!!!!!!!
    Lakers vrs field?

I know this season is the Lakers best chance to win but I just don't see it happening. I'll take that action. 1 month?

I predict Lebron will be an annoying little *****.

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    Lakers vrs field?

I know this season is the Lakers best chance to win but I just don't see it happening. I'll take that action. 1 month?
    Hell yeah, McAllen!

I'd be willing to go up to 6 months....haha.

Quote Originally Posted by b-ballistic View Post
    Hell yeah, McAllen!

I'd be willing to go up to 6 months....haha.
    I'll meet you half way at 3 months. 3 month sig bet.

And don't get me wrong, LBJ and AD at 100% is the best 1-2 punch in the league. But I really don't think either will be 100% come playoffs time.

Me and Iron (feel free to chime in) talked about this the other day. They're putting hands/bodies on AD. Yes he's still averaging 28 PPG but he's shooting way way under his career average. He's shooting under league average actually. He's shooting 13.5 FTs a game, that's almost twice his career average. Is he gonna hold up? He already had to go back to the locker room to get his shoulder worked on, that alone wasnt a big deal but it's gonna add up. He's having to get up off the floor at least 6 times a game.

From what I've seen to me it looks like the team is being forced to overuse AD because of the #s the youngsters in NO are putting up (particularly BI). Media nightmare if BI puts up better #s then AD. Then add in Balls & Hart's #s.

I really think that when the word "finesse" was used to describe AD after the game 1 loss to the Clippers, he's been trying to drop that label. Can he hold up? We'll see

Quote Originally Posted by McAllen Tx View Post
    I'll meet you half way at 3 months. 3 month sig bet.

And don't get me wrong, LBJ and AD at 100% is the best 1-2 punch in the league. But I really don't think either will be 100% come playoffs time.

Me and Iron (feel free to chime in) talked about this the other day. They're putting hands/bodies on AD. Yes he's still averaging 28 PPG but he's shooting way way under his career average. He's shooting under league average actually. He's shooting 13.5 FTs a game, that's almost twice his career average. Is he gonna hold up? He already had to go back to the locker room to get his shoulder worked on, that alone wasnt a big deal but it's gonna add up. He's having to get up off the floor at least 6 times a game.

From what I've seen to me it looks like the team is being forced to overuse AD because of the #s the youngsters in NO are putting up (particularly BI). Media nightmare if BI puts up better #s then AD. Then add in Balls & Hart's #s.

I really think that when the word "finesse" was used to describe AD after the game 1 loss to the Clippers, he's been trying to drop that label. Can he hold up? We'll see
    I mentioned this before the lakers traded for AD but despite his god given talent, heís always been injury prone. People were actually arguing with that point for some reason, I wonder if they still disagree? Regardless, he may need to take occasional games off to rest. Iíve never been a fan of this and I still am no fan of it but thatís what the league has come to so players from other teams are getting that luxury, why not AD and old man lebron too?

And I donít really think the reason the lakers are overusing AD so far has much to do with the kids in New Orleans, I think it has more to do with the lakers being short handed at the moment. I think kuzma being basically the only other PF on the roster will allow AD to get more minutes of rest on the bench, with him out AD has to be out there more in my opinion.

Your baby can't do this

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
    I mentioned this before the lakers traded for AD but despite his god given talent, heís always been injury prone. People were actually arguing with that point for some reason, I wonder if they still disagree? Regardless, he may need to take occasional games off to rest. Iíve never been a fan of this and I still am no fan of it but thatís what the league has come to so players from other teams are getting that luxury, why not AD and old man lebron too?

And I donít really think the reason the lakers are overusing AD so far has much to do with the kids in New Orleans, I think it has more to do with the lakers being short handed at the moment. I think kuzma being basically the only other PF on the roster will allow AD to get more minutes of rest on the bench, with him out AD has to be out there more in my opinion.
    When I said "overuse" concerning AD I wasn't talking about his MPG which is the same he has always played. I'm talking about his usage rate which is top 10 in the NBA. Is it really smart for someone with ADs injury history to be top 10 in usage rate in the entire NBA? Of course not. And like I said, his shooting % is below league average and way way below his career #s.

We've won the last 3 games against inferior teams but I honestly believe we would've won without the offense having to be run through AD. I know it would be better long term (season wise) if ADs usage rate wasn't so high right now. He by far has the lowest shooting % of all our starters. So why the insistence on him dominating the ball?

Maybe when Kuzma comes back ADs usage rate will go down some but I don't think by much.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast