Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Im like the opposite of you, I've just about stopped smoking and just began drinking liquor like a vet, I've always drank but I've taken it up a few notches. I know I gotta quit but its gonna have to wait for now. We'll do better eventually.
    If you want to quit, take up working out. Seeing your body transform and getting stronger is the most addictive thing IMO, because itís the one drug that actually makes you feel better about yourself

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Sounds like Waiters is refusing to give up the name of the player that gave him the gummie. If I were the Heat, I would really couch the suspension in that. Who's to say another player won't have something happen getting something from the same teammate.

To me that says 1 of 2 things: (1) It was a high profile player or (2) it was a teammate who barely is on the team and Waiters is protecting that guys paycheck.
    Or that heís not a rat. He shouldnít say anything and he should take what comes with it. Waiters def seems like the kind of dude that would live by a code of not snitching...as everyone should.

Quote Originally Posted by IKnowHoops View Post
    If you want to quit, take up working out. Seeing your body transform and getting stronger is the most addictive thing IMO, because itís the one drug that actually makes you feel better about yourself
    Long as you stay natural, it's a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Sounds like Waiters is refusing to give up the name of the player that gave him the gummie. If I were the Heat, I would really couch the suspension in that. Who's to say another player won't have something happen getting something from the same teammate.

To me that says 1 of 2 things: (1) It was a high profile player or (2) it was a teammate who barely is on the team and Waiters is protecting that guys paycheck.
    To me it says he got it from himself and used the "teammate" excuse to take some heat (see what I did there) off of himself. He won't snitch on said teammate bc no teammate actually gave it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Long as you stay natural, it's a positive.
    100%

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...3fplatform=amp

I mean what is the end game here? For both sides.

Apparently a contract canít be voided due to conduct detrimental to the team. Someone correct me if Iím wrong. This is his 3rd suspension for a total of 17 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Apparently a contract canít be voided due to conduct detrimental to the team. Someone correct me if Iím wrong. This is his 3rd suspension for a total of 17 games.
    3rd game for sure, idk about total games. Just absurd to keep suspending the guy. But if its warranted, its crazy he keeps doing stuff.

Idk, seems it might be better if they parted ways. Just make the suspension indefinite and send him away from the team, if its that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    3rd game for sure, idk about total games. Just absurd to keep suspending the guy. But if its warranted, its crazy he keeps doing stuff.

Idk, seems it might be better if they parted ways. Just make the suspension indefinite and send him away from the team, if its that bad.
    If the contract can be voided for suspensions I can see them playing a game with each other. Miami is right up against the hard cap, so getting to void the contract buys them a crap ton of space to operate. Waiters is buried by Miami even when healthy, and he wants to be elsewhere to get some run got a new contract.

Honestly Waiters has probably ruined his career from this point on. The gummy stuff and all these suspensions, he already had no trade value before this. Which sucks because we could honestly use a player like him.

Which is why I wouldn't have suspended him. On top of it being a bad look, we're thin on the bench at the moment w/ our injuries and could certainly use him. Heat knew who they were signing anyway, they oughta just eat it.

Wondering if the players association gets involved at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    Which is why I wouldn't have suspended him. On top of it being a bad look, we're thin on the bench at the moment w/ our injuries and could certainly use him. Heat knew who they were signing anyway, they oughta just eat it.

Wondering if the players association gets involved at some point.
    Do you know the reasoning behind this suspension yet? The dude literally just apologized to the team and now this happens again.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggie View Post
    Do you know the reasoning behind this suspension yet? The dude literally just apologized to the team and now this happens again.
    Yeah, exactly which is why I'm down on the Heats decision here. Nothing specific was reported, so it all just comes off to me as them just not wanting to honor the contract, which A) ain't right, and B) dumb considering he can be an asset to the team short term.

We'll probably find out more over weekend. Sunday to be specific since there's a game Saturday.

Yeah, exactly which is why I'm down on the Heats decision here. Nothing specific was reported, so it all just comes off to me as them just not wanting to honor the contract, which A) ain't right, and B) dumb considering he can be an asset to the team short term.

We'll probably find out more over weekend. Sunday to be specific since there's a game Saturday.
    I think this one gets a fight from the PA. There are limits to how long and how much a player can be suspended from the team and there does have to be 'with clause' attached to it. Suspending him but not saying why seems like something that's going to have the PA on edge.

Might even find something out over the next day or so. They question will be asked at shootaround and at the games I would assume.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast