Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Waiters has mid-flight health scare

OD'd on Gummies?

If he had a seizure, either he's diabetic or they're laced with something.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    Likely diabetic. And I love the ďoverdoseĒ you canít OD on weed.

What an odd situation. What an odd season for him.

Hope he's okay. I met the dude one time before, he was nice to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    I mean, no one said weed.

And yes, you can OD on THC. Generally you can't smoke enough weed to cause respiratory failure, but concentrated THC can stop your breathing. Edibles and vape oils can contain significantly higher THC concentrations than weed. You can OD on anything in high enough concentrations. Water is poisonous if you consume too much.

Or it is neither of them. I know you canít OD per say, but my friend smoked weed driving to a 4/20 event and completely blacked out. You can have seizure like symptoms which may or may not be related to weed. Working in Cardiology we get patients that experience adverse reactions due to weed. Itís legal here so Iím not sure how much black market, laced stuff they get. Maybe someone got their hands on downers.

Miami was just in Colorado. I highly doubt he is buying anything from someone on the street and doubt it was laced. We got cannabis shops all the f over.

I mean, no one said weed.

And yes, you can OD on THC. Generally you can't smoke enough weed to cause respiratory failure, but concentrated THC can stop your breathing. Edibles and vape oils can contain significantly higher THC concentrations than weed. You can OD on anything in high enough concentrations. Water is poisonous if you consume too much.
    My wife had a tooth situation (couldnít see her dentist for a few days) where the only thing that eased the pain was holding cold water in her mouth but when it warmed up,she would swallow it. She eventually almost went into shock and thatís when we learned that yeah, you can OD on water. It was pretty frigginí scary.

My story is just stupid. I took a half of a THC gummy one night while friends were in town while not consuming any other drug or alcohol (with the exception of my trip to Amsterdam I usually donít mess with marijuana). It didnít do **** and I was disappointed. Fast forward a few months and was at an outdoor concert. 4 or 5 whiskies and 4 or 5 heavy beers later and I took a whole gummy because screw it.

Yeah, that was a mistake. My head was alright but my knees were too wobbly for my tastes. Felt like I was on a ship. But the worst thing was the dry mouth. That alone is reason to not mess with that stuff anymore.

That sucks about Waiters. Hope heís ok.

Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    Or it is neither of them. I know you canít OD per say, but my friend smoked weed driving to a 4/20 event and completely blacked out. You can have seizure like symptoms which may or may not be related to weed. Working in Cardiology we get patients that experience adverse reactions due to weed. Itís legal here so Iím not sure how much black market, laced stuff they get. Maybe someone got their hands on downers.

Miami was just in Colorado. I highly doubt he is buying anything from someone on the street and doubt it was laced. We got cannabis shops all the f over.
    That's assuming that's where he got it

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    You can OD on anything.

If it was weed gummies he consumed, edibles are much different than smoking because they go through your liver.

Smoking produces delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol aka THC where a gummy metabolizes through the liver producing 11-hydroxy-delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol aka 11-OH-THC

No one said that is what it was, his mom even refuted it. Hopefully he is okay, regardless of cause.

They make gummies for all types of medicinal purposes. It might have been a medicinal gummy but not necessarily a THC gummy. Hell he could have just liked the taste of vitamin gummies and ate too many because he liked the taste, then his body had an adverse reaction to the large amount of vitamins he just put in his body. It could have been anything really. Either way hope heís ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loses playing time and starting spot and results in this.

There needs to be some sort of mental health counselor for all 30 NBA teams.

Man this would make a great "These edibles ain't ****" meme lol!

Rippin' lips son!!

I've had a seizure after eating too many edibles before.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast