Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    56,304

    Waiters has mid-flight health scare


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    33,512
    OD'd on Gummies?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    8,514
    If he had a seizure, either he's diabetic or they're laced with something.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    14,399
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    If he had a seizure, either he's diabetic or they're laced with something.
    Likely diabetic. And I love the ďoverdoseĒ you canít OD on weed.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    968
    What an odd situation. What an odd season for him.

    Hope he's okay. I met the dude one time before, he was nice to me.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    8,514
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Likely diabetic. And I love the ďoverdoseĒ you canít OD on weed.
    I mean, no one said weed.

    And yes, you can OD on THC. Generally you can't smoke enough weed to cause respiratory failure, but concentrated THC can stop your breathing. Edibles and vape oils can contain significantly higher THC concentrations than weed. You can OD on anything in high enough concentrations. Water is poisonous if you consume too much.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    4,977
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    If he had a seizure, either he's diabetic or they're laced with something.
    Or it is neither of them. I know you canít OD per say, but my friend smoked weed driving to a 4/20 event and completely blacked out. You can have seizure like symptoms which may or may not be related to weed. Working in Cardiology we get patients that experience adverse reactions due to weed. Itís legal here so Iím not sure how much black market, laced stuff they get. Maybe someone got their hands on downers.

    Miami was just in Colorado. I highly doubt he is buying anything from someone on the street and doubt it was laced. We got cannabis shops all the f over.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6,662
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    I mean, no one said weed.

    And yes, you can OD on THC. Generally you can't smoke enough weed to cause respiratory failure, but concentrated THC can stop your breathing. Edibles and vape oils can contain significantly higher THC concentrations than weed. You can OD on anything in high enough concentrations. Water is poisonous if you consume too much.
    My wife had a tooth situation (couldnít see her dentist for a few days) where the only thing that eased the pain was holding cold water in her mouth but when it warmed up,she would swallow it. She eventually almost went into shock and thatís when we learned that yeah, you can OD on water. It was pretty frigginí scary.


    My story is just stupid. I took a half of a THC gummy one night while friends were in town while not consuming any other drug or alcohol (with the exception of my trip to Amsterdam I usually donít mess with marijuana). It didnít do **** and I was disappointed. Fast forward a few months and was at an outdoor concert. 4 or 5 whiskies and 4 or 5 heavy beers later and I took a whole gummy because screw it.

    Yeah, that was a mistake. My head was alright but my knees were too wobbly for my tastes. Felt like I was on a ship. But the worst thing was the dry mouth. That alone is reason to not mess with that stuff anymore.

    That sucks about Waiters. Hope heís ok.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    56,304
    Quote Originally Posted by tp13baby View Post
    Or it is neither of them. I know you canít OD per say, but my friend smoked weed driving to a 4/20 event and completely blacked out. You can have seizure like symptoms which may or may not be related to weed. Working in Cardiology we get patients that experience adverse reactions due to weed. Itís legal here so Iím not sure how much black market, laced stuff they get. Maybe someone got their hands on downers.

    Miami was just in Colorado. I highly doubt he is buying anything from someone on the street and doubt it was laced. We got cannabis shops all the f over.
    That's assuming that's where he got it

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    29,571
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Likely diabetic. And I love the ďoverdoseĒ you canít OD on weed.
    You can OD on anything.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    968
    If it was weed gummies he consumed, edibles are much different than smoking because they go through your liver.

    Smoking produces delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol aka THC where a gummy metabolizes through the liver producing 11-hydroxy-delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol aka 11-OH-THC

    No one said that is what it was, his mom even refuted it. Hopefully he is okay, regardless of cause.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    6,975
    They make gummies for all types of medicinal purposes. It might have been a medicinal gummy but not necessarily a THC gummy. Hell he could have just liked the taste of vitamin gummies and ate too many because he liked the taste, then his body had an adverse reaction to the large amount of vitamins he just put in his body. It could have been anything really. Either way hope heís ok.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3,738
    Loses playing time and starting spot and results in this.


    There needs to be some sort of mental health counselor for all 30 NBA teams.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6,915
    Man this would make a great "These edibles ain't ****" meme lol!


    Rippin' lips son!!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    20,684
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    If he had a seizure, either he's diabetic or they're laced with something.
    I've had a seizure after eating too many edibles before.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •