Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    It's time to start thinking about sitting Saquon for a while. He's clearly not 100% and he's not able to be a contributor. On the Jamal Adams rip and score, it was a travesty on so many levels. He flew past the OL untouched and a hurting Barkley could only barely chip him. Yes, Jones just needs to hold on to that ball, but he honestly had no chance. Also have to credit Adams there as well. He could have lit up DJ if he wanted to, but he made the heads up play and ended up with a touchdown. Sometimes you tip your hat to a great defensive play.

This franchise is a disaster at the moment, despite having some pretty foundational offensive pieces in place. I think the healthy version of our LG-C-RG combination is actually pretty solid. They have their QB, a generational RB, a good young TE, an emerging deep threat in Slayton, and a great 3rd down chain move in Tate. But it speaks to bad management that they have wiffed on both OT positions and gave up a WR1, leaving them clearly in need of one now.

I'm not sure what needs to be done anymore, honestly. All moves have led back to the same spot. But I do think a coaching change is needed. I'd do it during the bye week, but there's not really a great replacement waiting, so I assume any move is made in January. Of course, the usual suspects will be thrown out there, and Lincoln Riley is the big fish, but I'd think about Mike McCarthy real hard. He comes from a franchise that always developed talent, rather than spending in free agency. Right now, there's a lot of young players that need development. Having an experienced coach that can instill discipline might be what a pretty young team needs.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    It's time to start thinking about sitting Saquon for a while. He's clearly not 100% and he's not able to be a contributor. On the Jamal Adams rip and score, it was a travesty on so many levels. He flew past the OL untouched and a hurting Barkley could only barely chip him.
    This goes back to the Arizona game(Barkley first game back when he was limping)...Shurmur claims he did not know he was hurt...OK that was 3 games ago.

So either the HC is a ****ing idiot or he is just ignoring it to try to keep his job? But I just don't get why Gallman and Penny has completely disappeared from the offense. Gallman was playing well until the concussion. But I see him out there....We have to share the rushing load at this point of the season....even if its just to see what Penny and Gallman can add to the offense.....we already know what Barkley can do.

I'm not sure what needs to be done anymore, honestly. All moves have led back to the same spot. But I do think a coaching change is needed.
    I don't like the play calling at all....and that is what we hired him for. If something don't improve over the final 6 games....I hope a coaching change is made.

Given DJ’s skillset, I think McCarthy could actually be a great option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Given DJ’s skillset, I think McCarthy could actually be a great option.

Didn't he and Rogers have an out ?

Jones continues to look good, and we're now closer to Chase Young. Come on, I get that it sucks losing to the Jets, but in a transition year, this is nothing if not a big win in the grand scheme of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    Jones continues to look good, and we're now closer to Chase Young. Come on, I get that it sucks losing to the Jets, but in a transition year, this is nothing if not a big win in the grand scheme of things.
    We’re also another year away removed from a winning season. Winning Football culture has long gone in NJ.

Btw, what do you think about the pocket awareness thing of DJ? Is it fixable, assuming a good coaching staff to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    We’re also another year away removed from a winning season. Winning Football culture has long gone in NJ.

Btw, what do you think about the pocket awareness thing of DJ? Is it fixable, assuming a good coaching staff to do it?
    Well, sure, and don't get me wrong, I 100% hate the general idea of tanking when it looks intentional, but would you rather finish 6-10 or 7-9 instead and out of range of a prospect like Young? We've been competitive in some of our losses and our franchise quarterback has shown signs of greatness. That and a chance at a top prospect in the upcoming class is all I could ask for in a rebuild year.

As for DJ, I think he actually has a pretty good pocket presence. Fumbling is the biggest issue and I do think that could be corrected. When he has a pocket to step into and the OL doesn't get dismantled by the pass rush, I think he can do more than fine.

DJ has been very solid for a rookie. He has to protect the ball better. If he does that he looks like a stud.

Would love Chase Young. This defense needs a dominant pass rusher and play maker.

The Nick Gates fiasco really boils my blood though. They knew he was the backup LT and gave him zero reps there to prepare all week??

What the heck is this coaching staff doing? Because this is not the first time they have been outed as unprepared. Their players sure look unprepared.

Don't worry. He's got this.

Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    DJ has been very solid for a rookie. He has to protect the ball better. If he does that he looks like a stud.

Would love Chase Young. This defense needs a dominant pass rusher and play maker.

The Nick Gates fiasco really boils my blood though. They knew he was the backup LT and gave him zero reps there to prepare all week??

What the heck is this coaching staff doing? Because this is not the first time they have been outed as unprepared. Their players sure look unprepared.

And what about Smith who was signed as a back up TE, never played LT in his life , and then was inserted there when Solder got hurt. This fiasco falls on both Gentleman and Shurmur for failing to secure depth there.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    As for DJ, I think he actually has a pretty good pocket presence. Fumbling is the biggest issue and I do think that could be corrected. When he has a pocket to step into and the OL doesn't get dismantled by the pass rush, I think he can do more than fine.
    I think the fumbling is actually a result of a lack of pocket presence. Not always, but regularly he doesn’t feel the pocket collapsing and tries to get a throw off too late, gets hit in the arm and fumbles. Happened in the jets game too. Also the Adams td was a lack of pocket presence (and Saquon missing the block), as he should’ve known / seen that Adams was coming imo

Anyways, I don’t worry to much about him either, and love his play so far, bus was just wondering what you think of it

I think the fumbling is actually a result of a lack of pocket presence. Not always, but regularly he doesn’t feel the pocket collapsing and tries to get a throw off too late, gets hit in the arm and fumbles. Happened in the jets game too. Also the Adams td was a lack of pocket presence (and Saquon missing the block), as he should’ve known / seen that Adams was coming imo

Anyways, I don’t worry to much about him either, and love his play so far, bus was just wondering what you think of it
    Yes, I think he has those type of plays, but honestly it's a small part of who he is right now and why we fell in love with him, the eagerness to stand tall in the pocket and continue to search for the big play to make. I know it's not the smartest thing to continue to do when you can't pass protect that well, but I trust experience will take care of some of it, and this young man's enthusiasm he has showed that resulted at times into forced throws or holding onto the ball too long will also cool off and be better controlled.

Again, for me at least, this all comes down to the fact that we're in a transition year and I've learned to accept that very early in the season. So there are things that I could live with that maybe normally I wouldn't, or shouldn't, like watching him maybe keeping the ball in his hands a little too long when he has shown the ability to just ball out, etc. Even if the growing pains he's going through right now turn out to be a bigger part of his identity than we'd like to see, I think there's more than enough big play ability to balance it all out. And hey, we've won two Super Bowls with a turnover prone quarterback that had the ability to also ball out when needed, who's to say we can't do it again, or better? But overall, I'd say we're good for the future and have a nice franchise quarterback in place we could start building around.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG

I'm officially concerned about it. In the preseason is where it started...against second and third string players. It happened once ...Ok it happens....then twice....Ok its nerves and understanding ball security. But now....its happening way to much. The scouting report now is to strip the ball out of DJ hands....he has ball security issues.

Now, where it becomes a concern is will his focus on securing the football take away from his ability to scramble out of the pocket and run with the football?

For scrambling QB's like Rodgers, Jackson and Watson....its a skill set that comes naturally to talented players of that caliber.

So yeah, I think its fixable(the fumbling) but will it take away from his ability to scramble??

The Adams TO was ridiculously bad and its starting to become DJ's MO....and its making the difference between winning and losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    I'm officially concerned about it. In the preseason is where it started...against second and third string players. It happened once ...Ok it happens....then twice....Ok its nerves and understanding ball security. But now....its happening way to much. The scouting report now is to strip the ball out of DJ hands....he has ball security issues.

Now, where it becomes a concern is will his focus on securing the football take away from his ability to scramble out of the pocket and run with the football?

For scrambling QB's like Rodgers, Jackson and Watson....its a skill set that comes naturally to talented players of that caliber.

So yeah, I think its fixable(the fumbling) but will it take away from his ability to scramble??

The Adams TO was ridiculously bad and its starting to become DJ's MO....and its making the difference between winning and losing.
    Well obviously it’s a concern, but nothing he can’t fix I hope. I saw a stat today Lamar Jackson fumbled the ball 13 times in his first 8 games last year, DJ is only on 12, so basically he’s a lock to go to the pro bowl next year

There’s a lot to be really worried about, and DJs fumble issues, while a concern, are not the main worry for me

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12