Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kawhi Leonard

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    Had he played on Wed against MIL, he would've had Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday off before Monday's game against his former Raptors.

4 days rest > 3

Nice try tho bruh
    3 days of rest, then 3 days of rest > 2 days rest and 4 days of rest

🤷

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Who cares if he sits out one of every b2b? I highly doubt the Clippers care if they're the 1 seed or the 3 or 4 seed as long as they're healthy come playoff time.
    So it’ll be cool if they rest their top guys as soon as they clinch a playoff spot? What if everyone did that?

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post

🤷
    Not only that but of course he’d rather play against a top WC team than an EC team. You’d give your team a win plus a loss to a main competitor than just a win for your team. Nothing new.

Sucks that the Clippers (or any team) play two games in 8 days and they’re on back to back days in the middle. I know schedule making is hard but there’s gotta be a way around that.

Why did he sit out a road game in a hostile environment in Salt Lake City Utah against the reigning DPOY Rudy Gobert? But yet he opted to play in the Clippers home game against the Jazz.

Why did he opt to sit out a game where it featured him, the reigning defending Finals MVP vs the reigning defending League MVP Giannis, but yet he opted to play in the next game against Lillard ?

As a fan, I'd much rather see Kawhi go up against his 2019 ECF foes i the league MVP Giannis and the Bucks.

Just seems to me the really really already winnable games for Kawhi he'll play in.

I recall last year a random Sunday evening game in Los Angles just like tonight (Raptors @ Lakers), the first matchup between him and LeBron in a Lakers uniform, and he sat that out.

Like WTF?!

This dude is selective in depriving the fans and nor does he want to show that slight losing of the edge in a hostile environment game or against one of the best player in the world candidate premier games.
    Again. Who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    So it’ll be cool if they rest their top guys as soon as they clinch a playoff spot? What if everyone did that?
    Yes. More teams should imo unless they're trying to fight for a better seed. But for teams that don't care, which is prob the case for the Clippers, I don't see an issue at all. Highly doubt they care at all if they're a 1 seed or 4 seed as long as they're healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Not only that but of course he’d rather play against a top WC team than an EC team. You’d give your team a win plus a loss to a main competitor than just a win for your team. Nothing new.

Sucks that the Clippers (or any team) play two games in 8 days and they’re on back to back days in the middle. I know schedule making is hard but there’s gotta be a way around that.
    I'm just glad they did away with the 4 in 5 nights, that was brutal.

Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    Nope. If you're healthy play the games. MJ took pride in playing in every game he possibly could and giving the fans a show every night.

Skill wise, we can have a debate about whether or not he's the best since Jordan, but as of now that mantle is still LeBrons.
    This
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

He could surpass most guys that have played since Jordan but we have had all time greats like Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, Lebron, Durant, Curry, etc play in the last 20 years and 3-4 of these guys are top 10 all time.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post

🤷
    I just found it odd that after two days of rest he would sit out against the Bucks and the reigning mvp on his home court. I would think he'd play that game and sit the 2nd night of a back to back. Especially since at that point it was only 6 games in.. but you're right it's nothing new with Kawhi. His health is his first priority and he's made that clear

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I just found it odd that after two days of rest he would sit out against the Bucks and the reigning mvp on his home court. I would think he'd play that game and sit the 2nd night of a back to back. Especially since at that point it was only 6 games in.. but you're right it's nothing new with Kawhi. His health is his first priority and he's made that clear
    Totally fair, and since that's the case he doesn't need to get paid for any game he feels like taking a load off while healthy and ****ing over fans.

It being nothing new doesn't make it justifiable. Neither does holding up a championship where the other team got decimated with injuries to KD & Klay, because otherwise Kawhi would likely still have one.

'Grats anyway though.

Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Again. Who cares?
    So you're not addressing anything on hand then?

Then why post? Go back to the Heat forum. NBA forum aint for ya kid

So you're not addressing anything on hand then?

Then why post? Go back to the Heat forum. NBA forum aint for ya kid
    No I'm not. Because I see zero issue with laoad management. None whatsoever. The fans don't get to see a player bc he's resting? Too bad. It happens.

Totally fair, and since that's the case he doesn't need to get paid for any game he feels like taking a load off while healthy and ****ing over fans.

It being nothing new doesn't make it justifiable. Neither does holding up a championship where the other team got decimated with injuries to KD & Klay, because otherwise Kawhi would likely still have one.

'Grats anyway though.
    The injuries **** is so old. It's the last team standing. The Raptors played the team in front of them and won. Depth wins.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Quote Originally Posted by aman_13 View Post
    The injuries **** is so old. It's the last team standing. The Raptors played the team in front of them and won. Depth wins.
    Won't fault you for your response, but It's factual. GS was broken, but it's not the Raps' problem. Your team earned the title and nothing I said spoke to the contrary. Frankly what they endured to get to the Finals was enough for me. That being said, it doesn't validate load management. One odd bounce in a Game 7, and we wouldn't be having this conversation, nor would we had KD/Klay not been damaged. But oh well.....we're here.

Won't fault you for your response, but It's factual. GS was broken, but it's not the Raps' problem. Your team earned the title and nothing I said spoke to the contrary. Frankly what they endured to get to the Finals was enough for me. That being said, it doesn't validate load management. One odd bounce in a Game 7, and we wouldn't be having this conversation, nor would we had KD/Klay not been damaged. But oh well.....we're here.
    Load management was needed because his injury was real. He had a set back last season which he and the Raptors openly acknowledged but no one seems to care because it doesn't seem to fit the narrative.

He was limping after a double OT game against the Wizards early last year. He needed to sit games because he was hurt.

He was also limping against the Bucks in the playoffs the same way he was limping in the regular season.

And I know this isn't your point but I feel compelled to mention it anyway, we don't know what happens in OT if he didnt get the bounce and Klay and KD would be playing this season if KD decided to sit game 5.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast