Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kawhi Leonard

Kawhi Leonard

Best player since Jordan?

I think so. I mean bad knee and all and scores 18 in the 4th with shutdown defense. Not only is he better than Bron, but I think historically he is better than Kobe. To me, Kawhi Leonard is undoubtedly the greatest player since Jordan. There's no debate. He's got the hands and the defensive instincts of Jordan that Kobe nor LeBron ever had, and he's much stronger than Kobe ever was, he's much more skilled shooting wise than LeBron and a way better defender than him. To me, Kawhi Leonard is the Michael Jordan of this era. Mamba Mentality and Taco Tuesday are overrated. It's all about the KLAW!!!

Thoughts.

Article came out stating Doc Rivers lies about Kawhi being injured.

That means:

- 6 games in to the season Leonard sat out.
    - He sat out after having two full days of rest.
    - He sat out facing a contender and reigning MVP coming in to his house.
    - He sat out while PG13 is really injured and his team could def use him.
    - He sat out and got his coach fined for lying about his injury.

Look my sig would indicate that I love Kawhi, and I do for bringing the raptors their first ship! But, something isnít right here. Weíre going to see more and more star players sitting out games.

As a fan donít you want to see Davis and Lebron when going to a Lakers game? Giannis when going to a Bucks game? Harden and Westbrook when going to a Rockets game? Etc etc.. What if every star player starting sitting out 20-30 games a season? What does that do to the league? What game do you circle on your calendar as a fan to buy tickets and go to a game? What does that ultimately do the league?

I donít care if you donít want to talk to reporters, or if you have the personality of wood. Play the game your being paid to play. Stop ****ing around..
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 11-08-2019 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Article came out stating Doc Rivers lies about Kawhi being injured.

That means:

- 6 games in to the season Leonard sat out,
    - He sat out after having two full days of rest.
    - He sat out facing a contender and reigning MVP coming in to his house.
    - He sat out while PG13 is really injured and his team could def use him.
    - He sat out and got his coach fined for lying about his injury.

Look my sig would indicate that I love Kawhi, and I do for being the raptors itís first ship! But, something isnít right here. Weíre going to see more and more star players sitting out games while getting max contracts.

As a fan donít you want to see Davis and Lebron when going to a Lakers game? Giannis when going to a Bucks game? Harden and Westbrook when going to a rockets game ? What if every star player starting sitting out 20-30 games a season? What does that do to the league?

I donít care if you donít want to talk to reporters, or if you have the personality of wood. Play the game your being paid to play. Stop ****ing around ..
    But it's all about who is hoisting that Larry O Brien trophy in mid June right?

So who cares?

That's what the media and Kawhi and Uncle Dennis Robertson and Jerry West and Steve Ballmer and Michael Winger and Doc Rivers and Tyronn Lue and Lawrence Frank want so that's what they're going to get.

David Stern was a hard dick. Adam Silver is a soft dick. People will continue to take advantage of Adam Silver. It just don't matter. Stern would've already taken action for this and made sure Kawhi nor any other star ever "load managed". He would've deleted the words "load management" out of the NBA dictionary.

What KAWHI WANTS, KAWHI GETS!!!! He's the hottest commodity in the game today, the best player in the world, and we're all living in HIS WORLD.

The "I don't even know where u sitting at whawuahhauwhahwuah", and "What it do babbyyyyyyyy" and the "Hey hey hey" and being asked how he feeling physically and giving responses with "We just won a basketball game so I feel good".

Dude gets away with EVERYTHING! He became bigger than the Spurs organizations that had greats like David Robinson, Tim Duncan, Sean Elliott, Avery Johnson, Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and Bruce Bowen....and Gregg Popovich!!!!

GET OVER IT!!!
    Last edited by LaVar Ball; 11-08-2019 at 11:39 AM.

Nope. If you're healthy play the games. MJ took pride in playing in every game he possibly could and giving the fans a show every night.

Skill wise, we can have a debate about whether or not he's the best since Jordan, but as of now that mantle is still LeBrons.

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    But it's all about who is hoisting that Larry O Brien trophy in mid June right?

So who cares?

That's what the media and Kawhi and Uncle Dennis Robertson and Jerry West and Steve Ballmer and Michael Winger and Doc River and Lawrence Frank want so that's what they're going to get.

David Stern was a hard dick. Adam Silver is a soft dick. People will continue to take advantage of Adam Silver. It just don't matter. Stern would've already taken action for this and made sure Kawhi nor any other star ever "load managed". He would've deleted the words "load management" out of the NBA dictionary.

What KAWHI WANTS, KAWHI GETS!!!! He's the hottest commodity in the game today, the best player in the world, and we're all living in it.

GET OVER IT!!!
    Try reading and grasping my post again. If it hurts the league, you as a fan should consider that. Are you a basketball fan? An nba fan? Or a Kawhi nut hugger?

Iím a raptors fan, Leonard brought us a ship.Most people always knew he was going home to LA so really what is there to get over ?

I actually posted in your thread, while everyone else knows your a troll and is calling for you to be banned. I guess I need to join that group rather than entertain your regurgitated threads.

Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    Nope. If you're healthy play the games. MJ took pride in playing in every game he possibly could and giving the fans a show every night.

Skill wise, we can have a debate about whether or not he's the best since Jordan, but as of now that mantle is still LeBrons.
    I agree

He lacks play making. I canít put him above a prime Lebron who really did everything.

But he is with out a doubt a top 3 player in the league. It just sucks that Durant isnít healthy (even though I dislike him) this year to find out who the king really is in 2019-20. It would def be between those three. Actually 4 with Giannis in there as well.
    Last edited by smith&wesson; 11-08-2019 at 11:59 AM.

Try reading and grasping my post again. If it hurts the league, you as a fan should consider that. Are you a basketball fan? An nba fan? Or a Kawhi nut hugger?

Iím a raptors fan, Leonard brought us a ship.Most people always knew he was going home to LA so really what is there to get over ?

I actually posted in your thread, while everyone else knows your a troll and is calling for you to be banned. I guess I need to join that group rather than entertain your regurgitated threads.
    Lolll chill bruh

It's getting under my skin too. I'm just playing a part to get reaction. I'm basically playing the role of the dumbass incompetent Jay Williams on PSD.

Trying to get reaction and back and forth discussion about all of this. Trust me, as a fan, it's burning inside of me. Love how Ballmer has paid off EVERYONE. From Nazi Woj to a pinhead career cut short overrated Jay Wiliiams who shouldve stuck with college basketball analysis.

I agree

He lacks play making. I canít put him above a prime Lebron who really did everything.

But he is with out a doubt a top 3 player in the league. It just sucks that Durant isnít healthy (even though I dislike him) this year to find out who the king really is in 2019-20. It would def be between those three. Actually 4 with Giannis in there as well.
    "he lacks playmaking" ... and then his supporters will say he averaging a career high 6 assists a game along with career high in rebounds and points and still playing shutdown defense.

"he lacks playmaking" ... and then his supporters will say he averaging a career high 6 assists a game along with career high in rebounds and points and still playing shutdown defense.
    Weíll see what that number looks like after the 55 games he decides to play in. And even then his assist numbers will never come close to Lebrons. And further assists arenít the only metric to play making. He only passes if he doesnít have a good look to score. Which is fair because thereís no one on the floor that is a better option. But that leads me to my next point, does Leonard make players around him better like Lebron does?

I understand that your playing devils advocate now so I donít need to make the point any more clearer but as good as Leonard is he isnít a prime Lebron James. Period. No matter how bias someone wants to be they would have to flat out lie to them selves to believe otherwise.

Lolll chill bruh

It's getting under my skin too. I'm just playing a part to get reaction. I'm basically playing the role of the dumbass incompetent Jay Williams on PSD.

Trying to get reaction and back and forth discussion about all of this. Trust me, as a fan, it's burning inside of me. Love how Ballmer has paid off EVERYONE. From Nazi Woj to a pinhead career cut short overrated Jay Wiliiams who shouldve stuck with college basketball analysis.
    Ok I get it.

I donít mind what the clippers are doing. The raptors catered to kawhi to. But I do care about what this could do to the league if other players start to follow suite. It will suck for the fans.

Weíll see what that number looks like after the 55 games he decides to play in. And even then his assist numbers will never come close to Lebrons. And further assists arenít the only metric to play making. He only passes if he doesnít have a good look to score. Which is fair because thereís no one on the floor that is a better option. But that leads me to my next point, does Leonard make players around him better like Lebron does?

I understand that your playing devils advocate now so I donít need to make the point any more clearer but as good as Leonard is he isnít a prime Lebron James. Period. No matter how bias someone wants to be they would have to flat out lie to them selves to believe otherwise.
    His asssits numbers wont close come to Bron because he is score first guy like Jordan and Kobe, not a pass first guy like Magic and LeBron.

And when PG comes back and they have their 2 man game and with PG's elite 3 point shooting, it wouldn't shock me if Kawhi's assist numbers go up.

And Clips don't even have a true Point guard. Patrick Bev nor Lou Williams are primary set up guys for other dudes. So Kawhi will remain or even go up in assist numbers. Trust me.

Kills me how former Lakers Zubac and Lou are with the Clippers.

I agree

Ya know, now that you mention it would you say LeBron is the best PG in the league right now? At age 35? If he wanted to, i strongly believe he could score at the rate Kawhi is right now, but he's an intelligent player who recognizes the offense is better off being ran through AD and forcing doubles. 'Bron gets his points regardless anyway.

His asssits numbers wont close come to Bron because he is score first guy like Jordan and Kobe, not a pass first guy like Magic and LeBron.

And when PG comes back and they have their 2 man game and with PG's elite 3 point shooting, it wouldn't shock me if Kawhi's assist numbers go up.

And Clips don't even have a true Point guard. Patrick Bev nor Lou Williams are primary set up guys for other dudes. So Kawhi will remain or even go up in assist numbers. Trust me.

Kills me how former Lakers Zubac and Lou are with the Clippers.
    The reason Lebron is great is because he could do it all. Literally. Prime Lebron could give his team anything it needed to pull out a win. Every category you could think of he covered. Is he slowing down now ? Sure. But look at his game at his age, heís still arguably the best even at this stage of his career. Leonardís best statistical season was last year and it was comparable to Lebrons worst.

Quote Originally Posted by SteBO View Post
    Ya know, now that you mention it would you say LeBron is the best PG in the league right now? At age 35? If he wanted to, i strongly believe he could score at the rate Kawhi is right now, but he's an intelligent player who recognizes the offense is better off being ran through AD and forcing doubles. 'Bron gets his points regardless anyway.
    Arguably the best player in the league still at any position.

The fact that heís willing to put another player over like Davis says a lot about his iq as well. Imagine iverson had an ounce of that mentality.

Iíd imagine if Lebron starts taking 20+ games off to rest that come playoff time, weíll see playoff Lebron at full strength regardless of his age.

The reason Lebron is great is because he could do it all. Literally. Prime Lebron could give his team anything it needed to pull out a win. Every category you could think of he covered. Is he slowing down now ? Sure. But look at his game at his age, heís still arguably the best even at this stage of his career. Leonardís best statistical season was last year and it was comparable to Lebrons worst.
    Not showing up opening night against the Kawhi and PG-less Clippers hurt LeBron. No doubt. He needs to show up christmas day and the other matchups against Kawhi (He'll probably sit out Xmas day due to load management) and if the Lakers play the Clippers in a 7 game series.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast