Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbyIsMyHero View Post
    Iíve been pretty even handed on Jimmy, I think, so Iím not sure I qualify as a ď****ing *****Ē.

For as good as he is, he also turns the ball over a lot and most of the time the blame for those TOs is spread elsewhere.

The book is out - he is a fantastic QB that turns the ball over. Whether the turnovers are really his fault or he really just is the unluckiest QB there is - thatís reality at this point.

The fumbles were really about pocket presence and situational awareness. Get out of the pocket or take the sack, but youíve gotta bring the ball down and secure it in both those scenarios.

The pick; yeah, Bourne shouldíve caught that pass, but Bourne also shouldnít have had to leap to try to catch that pass. This goes back to what I said a couple weeks back - how often are these tipped pass intís hitting fully stretched hands that are trying to make a play on a bad throw? Bourne shouldíve caught, but Jimmy didnít help him. BTW, leaping with your back to a defender is a pretty scary proposition.
    I certainly donít think thereís anything wrong with what Iíve posted here.

I also donít understand why we chose not to start the clock on our last possession when Seattle had no timeouts.

We went three and out on three incomplete passes only to hand their offense a better opportunity than we had.

Start the clock with the first play. If it goes nowhere, at least you gave yourself the option of taking time off the clock or running it dry.

A tie with Seattle wouldíve kept them two games behind us in the standings. We just kept giving them opportunities to win today.

But like my man Shawn Carter used to say... On To The Next One

Quote Originally Posted by downsos View Post
    I don't know what I want more. A receiver that can catch the ****ing ball or some posters that aren't ****ing stupid. Putting this on the QB when there were at least 10 drops. One of which led to an INT. It's comical how dumb some of you guys are. Like smooth brain level of idiocy from some of you. It's a shame to see this forum go down that road. I guess the Facebook fan page leaked onto here. You hate to see it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2 fumbles that completely changed the momentum of the game, inaccurate pass after inaccurate pass. The oline wasnt very good either, but JG did nothing to help them out either. Held onto the ball way too long and just stood there. His receivers didnt help him at all either, I will give him that. But he was throwing behind, high, underthrowing everyone the entire game. It shouldn't have even gone to OT he literally threw the ball right to Seattles LB and he missed it. He doesnt have it. We couldn't run the ball, so you force Jimmy to throw it and he couldn't get it done.

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    WR-AJ Brown, Hakeem Butler
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    LB-Devon White, Blake Cashman
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

We are the seahawks *****...

a fact.

Kyle still learning on the job.
    Last edited by leftymo; 11-12-2019 at 09:45 AM.
    It's time to start winning right?

Playoffs and Championship droughts...

SF 49ers - 5 years no playoffs, 24 years no championship
    LA Lakers - 6 years no playoffs, 9 years no championship
    LA Kings - 1 year no playoffs, 5 years no championship
    SF Giants - 2 years no playoffs, 5 years no championship

It was a good game .... I'm moving on .

Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    I mean, it wasn't a great game from him overall, but still. You simply can't deny the W-L record with him vs without him. Maybe he is a glorified game manager with some upside, I dunno. I do know there are a lot more worse options than him than there are better ones.

I'm not gonna tell people not to complain, but this is the team, we can be mired in misery when things go wrong or do what pros do and move on to the next constructively.
    I don't think anybody is saying he played great, but when your WRs are dropping everything or your starting tackles act like turnstiles I'm not going to put this game on Garoppolo. He's somewhere in that 2nd-3rd tier of QBs which is right where he's getting paid. He's made some terrible throws just locking into guys. Everybody complains about his mechanics, but that's just things he does to get rid of the ball some times. There's nobody on the roster close to his level and there's a handful of QBs better than him, but those guys aren't making it to FA. If people think Garoppolo is bad then they aren't watching any other games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#MakeAmericaPeeAgain

Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    It was a good game .... I'm moving on .

You are a better man than I am. I have tickets to Lakers Suns tonight, and really don't want to go. Was planning a 49ers bar thing in LA next weekend and a sunday funday vs. packers, but cancelled both.

The seahawks are now in the driver's seat for the division with a game in hand, and an easier scheduled down the stretch, plus a home game vs SF (and the 49ers never win in seattle).

I'm with DonSOS. I really don't see how you can put this game on Jimmy. No Kittle and Sanders left after one quarter. The offensive line was horrible and the receivers dropped way too many passes. The interception was on Bourne - yes, it was slightly high, but definitely should have been caught. The first fumble definitely wasn't Jimmy holding the ball too long, Reed was in the backfield almost immediately after the snap. Bourne dropped a would-be TD in the 4th quarter and we had to settle for 3. Rookie kicker off the street missed a game winning fg in OT. Basically, everything that could have gone wrong did. If you think Mullens would have fared better last night, I'm sorry, but football isn't your thing.

On the positive side, we got a player in Deebo Samuel. He's going to be a really good WR.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I'm with DonSOS. I really don't see how you can put this game on Jimmy. No Kittle and Sanders left after one quarter. The offensive line was horrible and the receivers dropped way too many passes. The interception was on Bourne - yes, it was slightly high, but definitely should have been caught. The first fumble definitely wasn't Jimmy holding the ball too long, Reed was in the backfield almost immediately after the snap. Bourne dropped a would-be TD in the 4th quarter and we had to settle for 3. Rookie kicker off the street missed a game winning fg in OT. Basically, everything that could have gone wrong did. If you think Mullens would have fared better last night, I'm sorry, but football isn't your thing.

On the positive side, we got a player in Deebo Samuel. He's going to be a really good WR.
    I mean, there were some flat out bad throws, but the things Jimmy did wrong were vastly outnumbered by what other people did wrong. Joe Staley (and basically anyone else) got made into a turnstyle by Clowney, so it's hardly a shock that he'd be scared ****less in the pocket.

Now that my over reacting is done, I'll say the game was on the offensive line and receivers. The tackles weren't ready to play and our receivers are pretty bad. I still dont think jimmy has it, I think he panics and falls apart under pressure, but he is the best we have and the best we can probably get. Kittle in there and Sanders in there, it's a completely different game with different playcalling.

JG is a game manager who can sometimes make some plays. We have a good enough team around him to win. He really has to hold onto the ball though. Hes fumbles were unacceptable and those are 100% on him.

While I love our run game, we really need a bruiser to run in between the tackles. Brieda and Coleman couldn't do anything

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Now that my over reacting is done, I'll say the game was on the offensive line and receivers. The tackles weren't ready to play and our receivers are pretty bad. I still dont think jimmy has it, I think he panics and falls apart under pressure, but he is the best we have and the best we can probably get. Kittle in there and Sanders in there, it's a completely different game with different playcalling.

JG is a game manager who can sometimes make some plays. We have a good enough team around him to win. He really has to hold onto the ball though. Hes fumbles were unacceptable and those are 100% on him.

While I love our run game, we really need a bruiser to run in between the tackles. Brieda and Coleman couldn't do anything
    I don't think that our WRs are bad other than Goodwin. They are just young and inconsistent. WRs usually take a few years to reach their potential. Deebo is going to be really good. Pettis has the talent to be really good too, but he doesn't seem to have the fight in him. Hopefully the lack of playing time this year is a wake up call for him in the offseason. Bourne and James are solid bottom of the depth chart guys. Unfortunately, our two best receivers (Sanders and Taylor) are hurt and the bottom of the depth chart guys have to play a lot.

Jimmy Garoppolo is much more than a game manager. He makes some unbelievable throws at times. He also makes some mistakes at times, but I think that those things will get better with experience. For all intents and purposes, Jimmy is a second year QB. He's started 19 games. Last year was supposed to be the year where he went out there and got experience and made some mistakes, but he got hurt and didn't get that experience. So he's learning on the fly this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers211221 View Post
    I don't think that our WRs are bad other than Goodwin. They are just young and inconsistent. WRs usually take a few years to reach their potential. Deebo is going to be really good. Pettis has the talent to be really good too, but he doesn't seem to have the fight in him. Hopefully the lack of playing time this year is a wake up call for him in the offseason. Bourne and James are solid bottom of the depth chart guys. Unfortunately, our two best receivers (Sanders and Taylor) are hurt and the bottom of the depth chart guys have to play a lot.

Jimmy Garoppolo is much more than a game manager. He makes some unbelievable throws at times. He also makes some mistakes at times, but I think that those things will get better with experience. For all intents and purposes, Jimmy is a second year QB. He's started 19 games. Last year was supposed to be the year where he went out there and got experience and made some mistakes, but he got hurt and didn't get that experience. So he's learning on the fly this year.
    Our receivers are not good. I agree on Samuel though, he just needs to focus on catching the ball before trying to make a play.

I dont think JG has it. He panics. He makes horrrrrrible decisions. Everything breaks down for him when he gets a bit of pressure and then he is too loose with the ball. And hes scared to death to pull the ball down and run. Defenses know this and pin their ears back

QB-Lock
    RB-Montgomery
    TE-TJ Hockenson
    Edge-Allen
    CB-Joejuan Williams
    S-Dieonte Thompson

The national headlines are trashing Jimmy. He is what he is. He rarely checks down, has an awful WR corps, and yesterday his Oline failed him.

49ers fall to 6-14 vs. Seattle this decade.

This game exposed the offense. They're relying on undrafted players and 2nd-7th round disappointments mostly (aside from Deebo, Sanders, Coleman). Breida, Bourne, Wilson, Mostert, Taylor, Hurd, Pettis, James.. They are not big time players that make big time plays.

Watching this receiving corp is just painful. Pettis had two drops at crucial periods of the game. Deebo had a few drops and if they didn't score last week against Arizona on a drive, we'd be talking about that Samuels drop in the end zone much more. Garoppolo's pass to Bourne was a bit high but considering he was getting heavily pressured, it was a really good pass that Bourne should have caught. It went right through his hands and he got just enough of that ball to slow it down for it to land right into the arms of a defender. People have been talking about Rodgers' struggles this year and you look at who he's been throwing it to while Adams was hurt. Garoppolo didn't have Sanders for the majority of the game and also didn't have Kittle. Not many QB's can look great while missing his top two most reliable targets.

But Garoppolo isn't completely exempt from any blame. He gets a fair share of it, but its just not all on him. Clowney, who hasn't really done much all season for the Seahawks, looked like a world beater out there, consistently beating Staley. And lets not overlook the fact that even with all the mistakes, if Robbie Gould was healthy, they probably would have won that game.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast