Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Well if Cleveland, Minnesota and Houston are an example of what the need herd turns out pitching wise sign me up.

Houston and Cleveland consistently have 2 of the better rotation in the game from developing or massively improving pitchers that were average elsewhere. Charlie Morton was a middle of the road pitcher when he got to Houston and with the work they did with him in his MID 30s he turned into a legit ace. Not to mention what they did with Cole.

Cleveland has managed to stay very relevant for the past 5 plus yrs developing elite pitchers they drafted in middle rounds .

Trevor Bauer was viewed as a failed pitching spec considering being drafted 3rd overall until he got to Cleveland. With what he the developed him into as well as what else Cleveland has developed starting pitching wise I'd say this guy has a side track record

Also if I remember correctly Minny went to a camera heavy pitching program last yr and had 1 of the biggest decreases in team ERA in all of baseball

If this guy and our new pitching coordinator bring there "need skills " and bring that kind of improvement to us we will all be thrilled.
    Especially if they are even moderate successful refining the elitely talented arms we have coming up through the minors.

If they can get similar success like he did with Bieber and others out of Gil, Medina, Schmidt and a couple other top arms we have in our top 25 we ll have more elite pitching specs than well have a clue what to do with.

As long as he helps to develop the kids coming up this is a solid hire

No they really need to get Boone an experienced bench coach he can lean on. Personally I wish they never got rid of Pena. Getting rid of him and Girardi very much has negatively effected Sanchez's growth

Quote Originally Posted by RCSownsU View Post
    I mean, they're not wrong. Lol

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Oh ya he's spot on lol

Dayners, Some will be dragged kickin and screamin into the 21st century.
    “Farts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” — Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    I hate this hire.

This guy looks like Boone's younger, more effeminate brother who's going to break out the tea set to have a nice chat with the pitchers about their dreams and hopes

As far as being smart? Or even the smartest guy I've met?. Adam Gase is said to be n offensive genius and a QB whisperer. Peyton Manning raved about him.

Cleveland consistently turns out good pitching. Ok Cleveland has been doing it much longer than that.
    He's been there 4 years but he does ' oversee the player plan origination of the club's pitchers, collaborating with coaches, coordinators and front office personnel."
    Parade!

Nice hire Cash. You twat.

Believe me, I hope I am wrong as all hell but I think this hire sucks.

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Well if Cleveland, Minnesota and Houston are an example of what the need herd turns out pitching wise sign me up.

Houston and Cleveland consistently have 2 of the better rotation in the game from developing or massively improving pitchers that were average elsewhere. Charlie Morton was a middle of the road pitcher when he got to Houston and with the work they did with him in his MID 30s he turned into a legit ace. Not to mention what they did with Cole.

Cleveland has managed to stay very relevant for the past 5 plus yrs developing elite pitchers they drafted in middle rounds .

Trevor Bauer was viewed as a failed pitching spec considering being drafted 3rd overall until he got to Cleveland. With what he the developed him into as well as what else Cleveland has developed starting pitching wise I'd say this guy has a side track record

Also if I remember correctly Minny went to a camera heavy pitching program last yr and had 1 of the biggest decreases in team ERA in all of baseball

If this guy and our new pitching coordinator bring there "need skills " and bring that kind of improvement to us we will all be thrilled.
    Especially if they are even moderate successful refining the elitely talented arms we have coming up through the minors.

If they can get similar success like he did with Bieber and others out of Gil, Medina, Schmidt and a couple other top arms we have in our top 25 we ll have more elite pitching specs than well have a clue what to do with.

As long as he helps to develop the kids coming up this is a solid hire

No they really need to get Boone an experienced bench coach he can lean on. Personally I wish they never got rid of Pena. Getting rid of him and Girardi very much has negatively effected Sanchez's growth
    Day, not arguing any of what you say.
    But this guy didn't start any of that. He's barely been there 4 years. How much influence did he have?

If you hired him as an organizational guy for development, which is what he did, great. They hired him as pitching coach. Sorry, I think it's absurd.

Soon robot nerds will run the dugout. I mean actual robots.

Horrendous precedent of a hire.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Day, not arguing any of what you say.
    But this guy didn't start any of that. He's barely been there 4 years. How much influence did he have?

If you hired him as an organizational guy for development, which is what he did, great. They hired him as pitching coach. Sorry, I think it's absurd.
    Clown, I thinks it's about a mindset and culture that he brings. I would hope he has some influence on the development side. Reason I asked earlier about his influence/input in AAA and AA.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    “Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.”---- James Baldwin

According to Jeff Passan: "The rapid ascent of Blake started in 2015, when he was still serving as pitching coach for Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School outside Boston. Blake’s reputation had grown within the industry due to his work with Eric Cressey, the New England-based performance coach. Blake did some scouting work in the area for the Yankees. Then Cleveland, which has arguably the most robust pitching factory in baseball, hired him as a pitching coordinator.

Quickly he became an indispensable figure in the organization, spending the past four years with the Indians as they regularly churned out quality major league pitchers. This past season alone, starters Zach Plesac, Aaron Civale and Jefry Rodriguez along with reliever James Karinchak came through the farm system to debut, and starter Shane Bieber developed into an All-Star."

https://www.espn.com.au/mlb/story/_/...pitching-coach

Clown I get your point but he was there for the total development of Bieber, Rodriguez, Pleasac and Civale as well as the complete turn around of Bauer.

Imo Sevy, German, Paxton, Montgomery and Lasanga are far from finished products. If he can help with those guys like he did with Bauer, Bieber, Pleasac ect then we ll come out ahead

Also from what I've read and been told he is going to have alot to do with developing the MILB pitchers we have coming.

Also this guys incorporates the new camera technology and other training aids into his pitching development program.. If u look at the teams that have incorporated that tech and other trIning aids such as weighted balls, k vests and track man technology like Houston, Cleveland, Tampa and starting last yr Minnesota they have been consistently had some of the better rotations in baseball.

We are a very forward organization with everything but pitching, we need a younger coach to start incorporating the new ideas that Rothschild didn't employ

While I'd much rather have seen this guy highered as a pitching development coach IMO hes a hell of alot better of a hire than some of the still wet behind the ears college pitching coaches that they were rumored to be looking at

As I said Day, I hope he does great and I look back and laugh at myself for hating the signing.

He had a great deal of help in Cleveland. He didn't have pressure. This is a very different ballgame.
    If you put him in charge of the entire minor league pitching? Great. I think this is a stretch.

Clown I get your point but he was there for the total development of Bieber, Rodriguez, Pleasac and Civale as well as the complete turn around of Bauer.

Imo Sevy, German, Paxton, Montgomery and Lasanga are far from finished products. If he can help with those guys like he did with Bauer, Bieber, Pleasac ect then we ll come out ahead

Also from what I've read and been told he is going to have alot to do with developing the MILB pitchers we have coming.

Also this guys incorporates the new camera technology and other training aids into his pitching development program.. If u look at the teams that have incorporated that tech and other trIning aids such as weighted balls, k vests and track man technology like Houston, Cleveland, Tampa and starting last yr Minnesota they have been consistently had some of the better rotations in baseball.

We are a very forward organization with everything but pitching, we need a younger coach to start incorporating the new ideas that Rothschild didn't employ

While I'd much rather have seen this guy highered as a pitching development coach IMO hes a hell of alot better of a hire than some of the still wet behind the ears college pitching coaches that they were rumored to be looking at
    I agree. I'll go on record as being in the Matt Blake camp and hope I'm right for the reasons you stated above. I especially like the training aspect that hearings to lessen the number pf injuries to our players.

This thread perfectly, and sadly, summarizes the state of this board.

Truth is, I have never heard of this guy and have no independent opinion. However, despite silliness, Cash is one of the smarter executives in baseball, so I dig it.
    Time to double down on the 'Spects!

Quote Originally Posted by Laying Low View Post

Truth is, I have never heard of this guy and have no independent opinion. However, despite silliness, Cash is one of the smarter executives in baseball, so I dig it.
    What's that? People having a legit, civil conversation about he reason they like or dislike a new hire to the coaching staff?

Who would want that in a sports forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Laying Low View Post

So you insult the whole board?

This board would be so incredibly boring if everyone agreed.

15. 11-12-2019, 08:44 PM

16. 11-12-2019, 09:23 PM

17. 11-12-2019, 09:29 PM

18. 11-12-2019, 09:51 PM

19. 11-12-2019, 09:56 PM

20. 11-12-2019, 11:26 PM

21. 11-13-2019, 12:00 AM

22. 11-13-2019, 12:32 AM

Day, players make the difference not technology.
    My top 5 Yankee playoff teams

5. 2009

24. 11-13-2019, 07:28 AM

25. 11-13-2019, 08:50 AM

26. 11-13-2019, 09:05 AM

27. 11-13-2019, 09:12 AM

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast