Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Season so far

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    I wasn't expecting a 7-2 start.. just like I wasn't expecting a win last night but this team continues to impress. So far they've exceeded all expectations
    Nurse is playing it perfectly making guys earn minutes and grooming them. With OG showing the ability to shut stars down, we could make a run to the finals again this year.

This road trip with the injuries is impossible to lose. If we actually lose itís ok because itís expected, if we win like last night it is very convincing that we are contenders and itís seriously helping extend the bench.

I might be the only guy who doesnít care for RHJ. Meh.

I would say we're a little ahead of where I thought we'd be. Things going pretty well so far. But I think if we run with 8 guys too much, there will some fatigue come March/April.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post

I might be the only guy who doesnít care for RHJ. Meh.
    RHJ was spectacular the past two games especially his defense last night against Kawhi.

Correct me if I am wrong but I noticed that you would prefer to be a fan of Drew League standouts than a blue collar player who plays defense.
    Giannis and Oladipo 2021 Movement

Quote Originally Posted by Raps Insider 12 View Post
    RHJ was spectacular the past two games especially his defense last night against Kawhi.

Correct me if I am wrong but I noticed that you would prefer to be a fan of Drew League standouts than a blue collar player who plays defense.
    In fairness I said that before the kawhi game.
    I do feel that way though. Davis, Boucher, Thomas etc just have higher ceilings imo.
    Could just be the unknown and wanting to see what they can do.

RHJís ceiling is like Patrick Patterson without the range imo.

I do feel that way though. Davis, Boucher, Thomas etc just have higher ceilings imo.

Meh

The injuries to Ibaka and Lowry have shown me this team is way further ahead than I originally thought. Before the season started I expected the Raps to be a 4 seed. Now they could very well be the team to come out of the East again.

Iím going to the Sixers game on the 25th. I really hope Ibaka and Lowry are back so we can throw an actual 10 man rotation at them. The Sixers were my original pick to come out of the east.

2Pat was an excellent perimeter defender but got eaten alive on the inside by bigger bodies. RHJ is way stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    2Pat was an excellent perimeter defender but got eaten alive on the inside by bigger bodies. RHJ is way stronger.
    RHJ is just the opposite on the offensive side.

Donít get me wrong. I love what I see from him in the last few games. Heís been huge and his hustle has been awesome. Heís looked a lot better than Stanley.

Iím not saying Cut RHJ, Iím just saying I feel like I know what his ceiling is and itís as an ok rotation guy.

Boucher, Thomas and TD intrigue me more because I have no idea what their ceiling is yet.

Donít get me wrong. I love what I see from him in the last few games. Heís been huge and his hustle has been awesome. Heís looked a lot better than Stanley.

Iím not saying Cut RHJ, Iím just saying I feel like I know what his ceiling is and itís as an ok rotation guy.

Boucher, Thomas and TD intrigue me more because I have no idea what their ceiling is yet.
    Can we put Thomas' shot in RHJ's body?

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Can we put Thomas' shot in RHJ's body?
    Boucher lol.

Boucher lol.
    Speaking of which... I canít tell you right now what will make him another success story or not: energy.

It was the same thing for Siakam. They have all the skills and their body isnít going to mature much further. If he can consistently come out with that insane energy then he will be a bench star. You saw it down the stretch in the clippers game and it continued into the Portland game. He needs that vs lakers energy and he can be better than a lot of nba regulars.

Well yeah offensively 2Pat just had a streaky 3 ball. RHJ has the ability to put the ball back into the net on offensive rebounds lol. I don't expect anything from him offensively. Just wear out the opposing teams best player and cause a ruckus on the offensive boards.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Well yeah offensively 2Pat just had a streaky 3 ball. RHJ has the ability to put the ball back into the net on offensive rebounds lol. I don't expect anything from him offensively. Just wear out the opposing teams best player and cause a ruckus on the offensive boards.
    Yeah Iím perfectly fine having that available on the bench.

I just want Thomas TD and Boucher to keep getting minutes when ibaka and Lowry are back. I personally do not want any of them to lose minutes to RHJ if I had a choice.

Boucher lol.
    Thomas has a nicer stroke and Boucher and RHJ have very different body types . Although I must say, I expected his wiry frame to be a major issue for him in the NBA, but Boucher has held up well.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Thomas has a nicer stroke and Boucher and RHJ have very different body types . Although I must say, I expected his wiry frame to be a major issue for him in the NBA, but Boucher has held up well.
    Yeah the kid plays stronger than expected. Heís just fearless. He looks small out there but he makes things happen.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast