Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 42 of 42

Thread: Season so far

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    20,725
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Yeah Iím perfectly fine having that available on the bench.

    I just want Thomas TD and Boucher to keep getting minutes when ibaka and Lowry are back. I personally do not want any of them to lose minutes to RHJ if I had a choice.
    Matt Thomas has no business playing more than 10 minutes in a game this year when weíre healthy. He makes Jose Calderon look good on D. Maybe bring him in off a timeout and set a play for him to hit a 3 then let him run for a few minutes.

    TD II should get the most minutes when everyone is healthy. Heíd allow us to run Lowry/FVV together all year. RHJ could be thrown into plenty of lineups considering the shooting we have on this team. Iím not sure how Nurse could use Boucher just yet outside of when Pascal needs a break.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,369
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Matt Thomas has no business playing more than 10 minutes in a game this year when weíre healthy. He makes Jose Calderon look good on D. Maybe bring him in off a timeout and set a play for him to hit a 3 then let him run for a few minutes.

    TD II should get the most minutes when everyone is healthy. Heíd allow us to run Lowry/FVV together all year. RHJ could be thrown into plenty of lineups considering the shooting we have on this team. Iím not sure how Nurse could use Boucher just yet outside of when Pascal needs a break.
    Yeah Boucher is the perfect backup for pascal.

    Thomas hasnít surprised you with his defence? Have you been watching the games or is this based on 2kratings?

    His defence has been surprisingly good imo. Not spectacular but solid and active. Definitely better than anything Calderon could do. If anything Thomas just needs to look for his shot a little more.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    20,725
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Yeah Boucher is the perfect backup for pascal.

    Thomas hasnít surprised you with his defence? Have you been watching the games or is this based on 2kratings?

    His defence has been surprisingly good imo. Not spectacular but solid and active. Definitely better than anything Calderon could do. If anything Thomas just needs to look for his shot a little more.
    Thomas commits really stupid fouls. The majority of them come when he gets blown by and then decides to reach when the help is standing right there. There was a sequence in the Clipps game where he did it twice in probably 5 or so possessions.

    One thing I thought of is if we go small we could run a lineup of Siakam/RHJ/OG/FVV/Lowry. Defence at every position and an offence that could run all over anyone. RHJ can really be a weapon on this team if he brings that hustle every night.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,369
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Thomas commits really stupid fouls. The majority of them come when he gets blown by and then decides to reach when the help is standing right there. There was a sequence in the Clipps game where he did it twice in probably 5 or so possessions.

    One thing I thought of is if we go small we could run a lineup of Siakam/RHJ/OG/FVV/Lowry. Defence at every position and an offence that could run all over anyone. RHJ can really be a weapon on this team if he brings that hustle every night.
    Thatís interesting. I didnít see that but Iíll look out for it.
    Regardless I think Thomas is an nba player. His shot is as good as advertised. I honestly think he needs to force his shot a little more.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    20,725
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Thatís interesting. I didnít see that but Iíll look out for it.
    Regardless I think Thomas is an nba player. His shot is as good as advertised. I honestly think he needs to force his shot a little more.
    His shot is beautiful but lets not get ahead of ourselves. I assume you want him as a rotation piece when Ibaka and Lowry are healthy? If anything I'd see him as 11th at best if Nurse decides to go that far.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,369
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    His shot is beautiful but lets not get ahead of ourselves. I assume you want him as a rotation piece when Ibaka and Lowry are healthy? If anything I'd see him as 11th at best if Nurse decides to go that far.
    Yeah Iíd like to see him get at least 10 minutes/game. I think he is a good piece off the bench. Helps spread the floor for the bench mob and TD seems to look for Thomas because heís good for an easy assist. SG is weak for us too. I like his scoring punch.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,902
    I have to agree with Reed on this one. When they are at full strength I see Thomas as #11 on the depth chart behind:

    FVV/Davis
    Lowry/Powell
    OG/RHJ
    Siakam/Boucher
    Gasol/Ibaka


    If Powell or Davis has an off game then he could get some run, but those 2 guys are better overall scorers (and playmakers) than Thomas. When Lowry and FVV are logging heavy minutes, I can't see minutes for Thomas on a regular basis.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,762
    Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I have to agree with Reed on this one. When they are at full strength I see Thomas as #11 on the depth chart behind:

    FVV/Davis
    Lowry/Powell
    OG/RHJ
    Siakam/Boucher
    Gasol/Ibaka


    If Powell or Davis has an off game then he could get some run, but those 2 guys are better overall scorers (and playmakers) than Thomas. When Lowry and FVV are logging heavy minutes, I can't see minutes for Thomas on a regular basis.
    I agree as well. With a fully healthy team, he is probably more of a situational substitute of the bench. Beyond our top 7, I have:

    8. Davis
    9. RHJ
    10. Boucher
    11. Thomas

    I'm not even sure where I'd put McCaw to be honest.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,369
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    I agree as well. With a fully healthy team, he is probably more of a situational substitute of the bench. Beyond our top 7, I have:

    8. Davis
    9. RHJ
    10. Boucher
    11. Thomas

    I'm not even sure where I'd put McCaw to be honest.
    I think Boucher and Thomas will move up once RHJ comes back to earth.
    We will see how it plays out.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,369
    I see a lot of JYD in RHJ. It would be sweet if he can keep this up.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Rogers Centre
    Posts
    20,725
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    I think Boucher and Thomas will move up once RHJ comes back to earth.
    We will see how it plays out.
    I don't think he'll be coming back down to Earth anytime soon. He seems to understand that his role on this team is to just hustle and defend. It's all about effort with him. As long as he keeps the motor up I think he'll be fine in his role.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    10,369
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I don't think he'll be coming back down to Earth anytime soon. He seems to understand that his role on this team is to just hustle and defend. It's all about effort with him. As long as he keeps the motor up I think he'll be fine in his role.
    Heís playing better than he ever has, while not really adding anything new to his repertoire.

    If heís just a perfect fit in his current role then great, I hope he re-signs for cheap.

    I think he will revert back to what he has always been; I just hope that happens next season when he signs somewhere else for too much.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •