Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Season so far

Season so far

I know itís super early, but what have you been surprised with so far. Negative and/or positive.

Imo I have been very happy with what I have seen from FVV, Siakam, Lowry and OG.

Iíve been surprised by the inability of the new guys to get on the court. Itís very weird to see Nurse go with a playoff type rotation.

Iíve been most disappointed with Powell. I thought he would be starting and I hoped he would have starter totals. He might be what he is.

Obama has been great off the bench.

I've been impressed with our shooting overall. Losing Green and Kawhi took out a couple important shooters for us, but OG and Siakam have both stepped up in a big way behind the arc. It has allowed us to score at a pretty high level.

The defense has been disappointing so far IMO. OG looks great as an on ball defender, but Siakam has been fouling too much while we aren't guarding the 3 or stopping dribble penetration well enough. I had thought Stanley Johnson would be a big piece here, but he (his career as a whole) has been really disappointing to this point. I also expected a bit more from Powell at the wing.

Thomas had a coming out party last game. Curious how many minutes he sees in todayís game.

OG has been great. His defense has taken another step and he seems to be in control when attacking the rim. Also, his shot looks very smooth.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

This road trip will be telling. We'll learn a lot about what this team is capable of and what they need to work on.

They have had a soft schedule so far.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    ďItís about winning,Ē Stoudemire said. ďYou win, youíre going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won ó Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you donít win, nobody really wants to see you.Ē

You dudes think we would have the same record without Gasol? Itís hard to argue his contribution is much more than peortle or someone like that. He theoretically spreads the floor I suppose, but Ibaka has been much better than him this season in pretty much every aspect.
    Last edited by ChongInc.; 11-08-2019 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    You dudes think we would have the same record without Gasol? Itís hard to argue his contribution is much more than peortle or someone like that. He theoretically spreads the floor I suppose, but Obama has been much better than him this season in pretty much every aspect.
    Who is Obama playing for this year? I thought he was still looking to sign on somewhere.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Who is Obama playing for this year? I thought he was still looking to sign on somewhere.

Thanks fixed.

If we could load manage Marc, that'd be great. He has been playing a tonne over the run last year and for Spain. His defense and sporadic offensive explosion will be needed when it matter after April.

I figured OG would make a bigger leap then most others expected. Dude has a lot of raw tools and he is willing to put in the work to be great/get better.

Siakim is making another big leap, which is fantastic.

Haven't seen much nba so far this year tbh. I watch more in the playoffs but I'll try to watch more regular season games if I can.

I still think we might need another closer in the playoffs, but it won't surprise me if one of the young dogs take the reigns of that role.

Lowry was scorching hot from 3

Ibaka should be starting when healthy.. hes been getting better and better. Seems like a completley different player than the one we traded for.

Terrance Davis & Boucher have earned consistent playing time. These guys can be a big part of the rotation in no time.

I would load manage Gasol and keep him healthy for the post season. Can't really do that with Serge out though

I like RHJ > S.Johnson

Thomas has a sweet stroke..

Fvv is the new mighty mouse. He reminds me a lot of a prime Staudamire!

OG is a nice surprise so far this season. Hes giving the team a little bit of everything. Its gonna be a big year for him

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    If we could load manage Marc, that'd be great. He has been playing a tonne over the run last year and for Spain. His defense and sporadic offensive explosion will be needed when it matter after April.

I figured OG would make a bigger leap then most others expected. Dude has a lot of raw tools and he is willing to put in the work to be great/get better.

Siakim is making another big leap, which is fantastic.

Haven't seen much nba so far this year tbh. I watch more in the playoffs but I'll try to watch more regular season games if I can.

I still think we might need another closer in the playoffs, but it won't surprise me if one of the young dogs take the reigns of that role.
    You missed a very entertaining game last night. The 905 kids went ham on Lakers. It was fun to watch.

I agree I think we should load manage Gasol to keep him fresh and healthy for the post season. Too bad Ibaka got injured he was playing really well

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post

Lol my phone also auto corrects Ibaka to Obama.. that's the only reason I knew who he was talking about

I wasn't expecting a 7-2 start.. just like I wasn't expecting a win last night but this team continues to impress. So far they've exceeded all expectations

Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    You missed a very entertaining game last night. The 905 kids went ham on Lakers. It was fun to watch.

I agree I think we should load manage Gasol to keep him fresh and healthy for the post season. Too bad Ibaka got injured he was playing really well
    Iím going to watch the game again tonight with my oldest son. Could end up being the game of the year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast