Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Madison Bumgarner Rumors & Discussion

Playoff legend and co-face of the franchise, Madison Bumgarner is currently an unrestricted free agent. Do you want him back and if so, what kind of contract would make sense to keep him here?

Post all rumors, news, and discussion about Bumgarner's free agency in this thread.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

The Atlanta Braves have let it be known that Bumgarner is a top priority for them:

https://sports.yahoo.com/braves-maki...135355963.html

I'd be thrilled if the Giants could get him back at the contract estimate MLBTR tagged him with of 4/$72MM. I'd be willing to bet others will offer more than that though. I wonder how much Bumgarner values being on a for sure competitor in '20 vs. the familiarity of being a Giant.

I'm a homer so I find the 4/$72 estimate pretty low considering Bum just recently turned 30 but if the Giants offered him something like that up to like 5/$100 million I'd be fine with it.

I have to imagine another team like the Braves would be willing to beat that offer though and a competitive club closer to NC would probably be more appealing than sticking with the Giants through a few more years of rebuilding. He has taken discounts to stick with the Giants in the past and hasn't hinted about wanting to play anywhere else though, so it's a real headscratcher.

I'd like him to stay a Forever Giant but I'm not going to be mad if he chooses to go somewhere else.

1st number that came to my mind was 4/85.

Fire Luke Walton

I wouldn't even be mad if the Giants offered him 4/$100MM tbh. He's still relatively young and effective, has taken discounts in the past, and is a huge part of the Giants dynasty of the first half of this decade.

I'd very happy if they can sign him to something similar to what MLBTR pegs his contract at. But I don't want them to go over four years. $20M/year is probably the highest AAV I'd want the Giants to offer.

If he signs elsewhere, I'd hope he'd sign to a team that's worth cheering for. No Dodgers or Yankees, please.

I'll cheer for him regardless of where he goes unless it's:

a) the Dodgers

b) any other NL West squad

c) he's playing against the Giants that day

Twins would be a nice destination. Get them over the ALDS hump.

Fire Luke Walton

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    I'd very happy if they can sign him to something similar to what MLBTR pegs his contract at. But I don't want them to go over four years. $20M/year is probably the highest AAV I'd want the Giants to offer.

If he signs elsewhere, I'd hope he'd sign to a team that's worth cheering for. No Dodgers or Yankees, please.
    I dislike the Yanks, so I'd want him to go there (or to the Cardinals).

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid (13) Ryan HGHoward

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I'd be thrilled if the Giants could get him back at the contract estimate MLBTR tagged him with of 4/$72MM. I'd be willing to bet others will offer more than that though. I wonder how much Bumgarner values being on a for sure competitor in '20 vs. the familiarity of being a Giant.
    4/72MM is his last big payday. With the Braves setup, you take the money and run.

Quote Originally Posted by otatop View Post
    I'm a homer so I find the 4/$72 estimate pretty low considering Bum just recently turned 30 but if the Giants offered him something like that up to like 5/$100 million I'd be fine with it.

I have to imagine another team like the Braves would be willing to beat that offer though and a competitive club closer to NC would probably be more appealing than sticking with the Giants through a few more years of rebuilding. He has taken discounts to stick with the Giants in the past and hasn't hinted about wanting to play anywhere else though, so it's a real headscratcher.

I'd like him to stay a Forever Giant but I'm not going to be mad if he chooses to go somewhere else.
    5/100MM? We've got to many problems to entertain this. Bum has done all he possibly can for this club. Time to be smart, move on and attempt to build this team.

I'm thinking Twins, Reds, Giants, or Astros at this point.
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 12-04-2019 at 09:38 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast