Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

New coaching staff

Former A Andrew Bailey replacing former A Curt Young.

Fire Luke Walton

FZ's numbers nerds will take us to the promised land. Because number nerds are where it's at. But coaches don't play/win games. Better players, not coaches, are where it's really at.

Been pretty happy with FZ's approach thus far, and willing to give him time for his approach to work (benefit of doubt and all that). But another lost year is sure to come, and hopefully things move in the right direction soon.
    "They throw the ball, I hit it. They hit the ball, I catch it." - Willie Mays

Quote Originally Posted by #24 View Post
    FZ's numbers nerds will take us to the promised land. Because number nerds are where it's at. But coaches don't play/win games. Better players, not coaches, are where it's really at.

Been pretty happy with FZ's approach thus far, and willing to give him time for his approach to work (benefit of doubt and all that). But another lost year is sure to come, and hopefully things move in the right direction soon.
    This is truly the first year of the rebuild. I say it'll be a 3 year process at minimum.

Fire Luke Walton

I honestly dont see us being competitive in 3 yrs. Can't expect much in trades when all they do is dumpster dive for players.

Quote Originally Posted by everyotheryear View Post
    I honestly dont see us being competitive in 3 yrs. Can't expect much in trades when all they do is dumpster dive for players.
    We'll see how they proceed once the terrible contracts (Cueto/Crawford/Belt/Longoria) are off the books.

Fire Luke Walton

Quote Originally Posted by sacgiants1213 View Post
    We'll see how they proceed once the terrible contracts (Cueto/Crawford/Belt/Longoria) are off the books.
    And Posey.

$76.47M comes off after 2021 with Longoria being the lone one left after that.

2021-2022 is quite a class- Baez, Arenado (opt out), Bryant, Lindor, Correa, Seager, Story, Conforto