View Poll Results: Would you rather win & fall short of playoffs? Or lose out

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Win & fall short

0 0%
  • Lose out for draft

5 100.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Classic annual argument: Lose out or win out?

It’s that time a year again… What I feel to be a pivotal game for the rest of the season. If we win this game, I think we attempt to win out… Who cares about draft picks. We have to feel like the team is on the right course.

If we lose… You could make an argument that we should lose out in favor of a higher draft position. What do you guys think?
    ^^ ^^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

After this week I'll let you know. Too early right now with a theoretically easier schedule than the first half. My gut says tank however because these losers will find a way to lose to Trubisky.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    After this week I'll let you know. Too early right now with a theoretically easier schedule than the first half. My gut says tank however because these losers will find a way to lose to Trubisky.
    I'm with you on this

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions#INBOBQUINNWETRUST!
    Detroit Tigers
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles #taggertfinallyfired

If these are the only two options then yeah, tank

winning out and making the playoffs, and then getting embarrassed by the typical BS on national TV seems like an option, too

most likely we'll be like 5-9-1 and draft OL at 8

if only we could supertank and come away with Chase Young

winning out and making the playoffs, and then getting embarrassed by the typical BS on national TV seems like an option, too

Man that'd be cool....

Yes please!

Too bad this regime seems allergic to pass rushers.

Yes please!

Too bad this regime seems allergic to pass rushers.
    with our luck we'd pick Tua and trade Stafford for a 7th

which kinda reminds me, and I'm trying not to be "mock draft guy" but I randomly looked them up today and the first one I saw was CBS Sports and Tua went 8th.

what?
    why?

and if we're at 8th, and Tua is actually there (not that I give credence to the mock), I'd take him.

the thing that makes the mock totally ridiculous is it means the Dolphins pass on him, so idunno who made that particular mock, but maybe he's the reason why I'm not really a mock guy

with our luck we'd pick Tua and trade Stafford for a 7th

which kinda reminds me, and I'm trying not to be "mock draft guy" but I randomly looked them up today and the first one I saw was CBS Sports and Tua went 8th.

what?
    why?

and if we're at 8th, and Tua is actually there (not that I give credence to the mock), I'd take him.

the thing that makes the mock totally ridiculous is it means the Dolphins pass on him, so idunno who made that particular mock, but maybe he's the reason why I'm not really a mock guy
    People are out thinking themselves imo. Joe Burrow is really hot right now, and could cement the #1 spot if LSU beats Alabama this weekend but there is little-to-no chance that Tua lasts until 8. Someone will jump up high to get him. Maybe even over Chase Young (thus QB's go 1 and 2) but I could be swayed away from that, point being QB's always rise so no way Tua lasts that long barring an injury.

People are out thinking themselves imo. Joe Burrow is really hot right now, and could cement the #1 spot if LSU beats Alabama this weekend but there is little-to-no chance that Tua lasts until 8. Someone will jump up high to get him. Maybe even over Chase Young (thus QB's go 1 and 2) but I could be swayed away from that, point being QB's always rise so no way Tua lasts that long barring an injury.
    Which teams are looking to draft a QB?

Miami
    Cincy
    Broncos
    Bears???
    Panthers (Maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    Which teams are looking to draft a QB?

Miami
    Cincy
    Broncos
    Bears???
    Panthers (Maybe)
    Depending on who takes over you might add Washington to that mix. I could see a new regime giving Haskins the Rosen treatment.

Steelers, Titans, and Chargers will as well but would they want one that early? That I am not certain, and in Pittsburgh case not possible because they already traded their 1st.

Depending on who takes over you might add Washington to that mix. I could see a new regime giving Haskins the Rosen treatment.

Steelers, Titans, and Chargers will as well but would they want one that early? That I am not certain, and in Pittsburgh case not possible because they already traded their 1st.
    disagree on chargers, but the other two may. Also you're right about haskins. He's probably on his way out.

Okay so there are quite a few teams. Tua is going early no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    disagree on chargers, but the other two may. Also you're right about haskins. He's probably on his way out.

Okay so there are quite a few teams. Tua is going early no matter what.
    I mean Rivers is 37. Maybe not a Rd. 1 pick but eventually they are going to need to take a QB, that is unless they think Easton Stick or Tyrod Taylor are the answer in the future.

Rivers looks like his arm is shot

but maybe it was just a bad game and he has some issue that he didn't disclose, who knows

and his arm has looked shot his entire career lol

Rivers looks like his arm is shot

but maybe it was just a bad game and he has some issue that he didn't disclose, who knows

and his arm has looked shot his entire career lol
    i had to spot start him cause Brady is on a BYE... never again.

And I didn't realize Jamies was dropped before the game in my league... dude is about to throw for 500 yards and 2 pics vs the Cards smh

no Stafford for a few weeks, we might as well tank. we were already needing to walk a tight rope with how good the division and NFC are. This sucks, and I had to find a replacement for him in fantasy as well.

2015 SEASON STATS

CATCHES- 12
    YARDS- 122
    TD'S-

LIONS W/L 0-2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast