Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Have to agree with clown. At 34 not digging too deep into the farm. At best he's filler.
    ďFarts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.Ē ó Aldous Huxley
    "Not everything that counts can be counted and not everything that can be counted counts."--- Albert Einstein
    ďNot everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.Ē---- James Baldwin

No to Kluber trade unless he comes with Lindor. I would rather sign Cole Hamels than trade for Kluber only.

Quote Originally Posted by RossMo View Post
    No to Kluber trade unless he comes with Lindor. I would rather sign Cole Hamels than trade for Kluber only.
    I love that Cole announced he wants to be a year to year hired gun for a title contender. Genius.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoYankee View Post
    I love that Cole announced he wants to be a year to year hired gun for a title contender. Genius.
    Yep Problem is he's a six shooter with 2 bullets.

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    Yep Problem is he's a six shooter with 2 bullets.
    Perfect NL #3

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    Mush i absolutely agree the top priority should be Cole or Stras, no question. That said there is a chance we do everything possible and miss out on them both.

Kluber was an elite pitcher before he broke his arm last yr and is actually cheap for the next 2yrs @ 17.5 & 18m, basically what Happ costs. IMO while hes no where close to my first choice i do think he's better than anyone we have. SO the question is what do u realistically think is a fair price for him and remember they need position players far more than pitching ... Its purely a hypothetical but what else do we have to really talk about until the winter meetings
    Happ is an $8-10 million starter. He was paid on 7 starts in 2018. The game vs the Sox in Oct should have changed Cashmanís mind...

I like Kluber but only at a deadline deal..... today it would cost too much....
    My top 5 Yankee playoff teams

5. 2009

Kluber is good. Very good. But goes against my gut check as heís awful in the playoffs too. I didnít realize he was 34? I think someone said. Havenít looked.

But if we canít land the top dogs, Iíd obviously take him.
    Just not worth our top specs. If he was 30-31 then Iíd say yes....

5. 2009

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Just not worth our top specs. If he was 30-31 then Iíd say yes....
    Problem being he may be the ONLY guy thatís obtainable.

Lindor for Andķjar, Estrada, Garcia and lower spec I could see that happen. Not too interested in Kluber if itís gonna cost much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    http://www.logo-designer.co/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Real-Madrid-football-club-logo-design-branding-identity-Ruben-Ferlo.jpg

Problem being he may be the ONLY guy thatís obtainable.
    Why canít Hal just scratch a damn check for Cole?

It would make life a lot simpler around here...

He acts like it would cost him last nickel!

5. 2009

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Why canít Hal just scratch a damn check for Cole?

It would make life a lot simpler around here...

He acts like it would cost him last nickel!
    Papa Bear is dead. Thatís why.

I read somewhere that the Indians may make Clevinger available. I could get behind that. I also think Kluber is much better than he was in 2019. He will return to form in 2020, mark my words.

As for the trade in the OP. No I would not do that. I would not give up Severino in a trade like this.

Lindor is awesome but he doesn't address what the Yankees need, another top flight starter. Getting Kluber for Severino does not improve their rotation and on top of that they would take on a bunch of salary in this trade. Hard pass on the OP trade.

I don't want the Yankees to go after Lindor. Give up too much and their team only gets marginally better.

I do want Kluber. He would upgrade the rotation and he is an ace. I'd give up Frazier, Deivi Garcia, and Anthony Seigler (or a similarly decent but not top 10 prospect) to get him. I'd even throw in Happ if they want him.

This is the order of my offseason pitcher priorities who are realistically available (if they are realistically available).

1. Cole
    2. Strasburg
    3. DeGrom (assuming not available)
    4. Syndergaard (assuming not available)
    5. Clevinger
    6. Kluber
    7. Wheeler

Poor Hapless Mets. They sign Beltran as Manager and now we find out that he's a big cheater with electronics. If he gets a suspension, what a Chaos situation that would be.

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyi View Post
    Poor Hapless Mets. They sign Beltran as Manager and now we find out that he's a big cheater with electronics. If he gets a suspension, what a Chaos situation that would be.
    I doubt they can suspend him. He was a player. He retired. He's now in a different role.

**** off. Where's my title

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    I doubt they can suspend him. He was a player. He retired. He's now in a different role.
    They can suspend executives. The Commissioner of Baseball suspended Steinbrenner, an owner. managers get suspended all the time for arguing with umpires. Pete Rose was given a suspension which turned into a lifetime ban for gambling, because it could have effected the outcome of games. I think in the case of electronic stealing of signs, it would be in MLB's power to suspend to uphold the integrity of the game.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast