So, I was visiting some NHL rumor sites and found that the Carolina Hurricanes were looking to add some offensive power and it was mentioned they would give up a quality D-man to get some. After doing some research, they do have quite a few good D-man on their squad. I was most interested in Brett Pesce and put together the following package to get him:

Red Wings get: Brett Pesce (25) and Eetu Luostarinen (21)

Red Wings give: Andreas Athanasiou (26), Evgeny Svechnikov (23), Patrik Nemeth (27), and a 2nd rounder in 2021, 4th rounder 2020

This might seem like a lot for the return but 25 year old D-men like Pesce don't come around very often, plus he is signed through 23/24 with a buyout option if needed in 22/23. He is also very affordable at $4.25M for the next 4 years. Eetu Luostarinen isn't a sluch either. He's a big center who can score and is a good 2 way guy. Could be very valuable. As for the return to Carolina, they get a 30 goal scorer from last season who should get a jolt in production for the Hurricanes. They get the brother of one of their star players who should thrive in Carolina and we're not playing him anyway. Nemeth is a throw in to solidify the defensive spot left by Pesce. They also get some higher draft picks as well. Like I said, we give up a lot but our need for a solid D-man who can score as well is huge. Put him with Hronek and we're good for years on our top line.