Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Trade Ideas?

Trade Ideas?

So, I was visiting some NHL rumor sites and found that the Carolina Hurricanes were looking to add some offensive power and it was mentioned they would give up a quality D-man to get some. After doing some research, they do have quite a few good D-man on their squad. I was most interested in Brett Pesce and put together the following package to get him:

Red Wings get: Brett Pesce (25) and Eetu Luostarinen (21)

Red Wings give: Andreas Athanasiou (26), Evgeny Svechnikov (23), Patrik Nemeth (27), and a 2nd rounder in 2021, 4th rounder 2020

This might seem like a lot for the return but 25 year old D-men like Pesce don't come around very often, plus he is signed through 23/24 with a buyout option if needed in 22/23. He is also very affordable at $4.25M for the next 4 years. Eetu Luostarinen isn't a sluch either. He's a big center who can score and is a good 2 way guy. Could be very valuable. As for the return to Carolina, they get a 30 goal scorer from last season who should get a jolt in production for the Hurricanes. They get the brother of one of their star players who should thrive in Carolina and we're not playing him anyway. Nemeth is a throw in to solidify the defensive spot left by Pesce. They also get some higher draft picks as well. Like I said, we give up a lot but our need for a solid D-man who can score as well is huge. Put him with Hronek and we're good for years on our top line.

I know we are playing much better of late but I hope this doesn't stop Steve from making some trades still that might sacrifice the immediate team but will enhance the future. There are multiple teams right now looking for offense and are willing to give up defense, as I mentioned above with Carolina. The other team of interest to me is Buffalo. I'm not sure what exactly they are looking for to improve the front end but I would be willing to give up AA (since he's playing better he is more valuable), Filppula (who seems to be getting on track), and of course Glendening and Helm. If we have to put in a Svech or Hirose or some picks to swing the deal then so be it.

Here are some targets from Buffalo to try and land in the deal:

Henri Jokiharju- D (20 years old)
    Lawrence Pilut- D (23 years old)
    Brandon Montour- D (25 years old)
    Rasmus Asplund- C/F (21)
    Marcus Davidson- C/F (20)
    Linus Ullmark- G (26)

Any combination of those guys with at least one of the D-man in there is fine with me. I like all the guys listed.