Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It's like every year the Spurs take a player and people say "Of course they'd fall to the Spurs! They get lucky every year!".

Some teams draft for fit and some draft for potential and some draft for the player they are. After the draft they look at them taking it all into account and say "WTF, how did that player fall so far?".

Mannion and Jessup had 1st round grades by some front offices, they just didn't have picks available to take them. Like if Mannion is on Team A's board at 16, they pick at 13 and take a different player. Their next pick is at 59 so they don't have a chance to take him.
    I get that, but they still could have looked to buy pick 37 or something??? Also- if team A had him on their board as 16- did they realistically expect him to be there at 59? (regardless of which team happened to pick him??

Most mock drafts I saw going in had him in the mid 20s, but he was falling the last month for no real reason. If all you are looking at is measurements- his wingspan is less than his height. According to Jay Bilas- that stat is something scouts really over critique on a player.
    Last edited by likemystylez; 11-21-2020 at 07:07 PM.

itd be like the warriors being mad at washington for taking deni because they took him at 9 and didnt let him fall to 48

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    I get that, but they still could have looked to buy pick 37 or something??? Also- if team A had him on their board as 16- did they realistically expect him to be there at 59? (regardless of which team happened to pick him??

Most mock drafts I saw going in had him in the mid 20s, but he was falling the last month for no real reason. If all you are looking at is measurements- his wingspan is less than his height. According to Jay Bilas- that stat is something scouts really over critique on a player.
    Yes teams can TRY to buy picks, but with the cap static those picks are worth more than they can sell them for because they are super cheap roster spot fillers.

Yeah, he was too high when he was in the teens, but 20s seemed reasonable. I still don't know why he fell so far.

Length is prized because guys with long arms generally defend better for their position/height.

itd be like the warriors being mad at washington for taking deni because they took him at 9 and didnt let him fall to 48
    It's more like people looking at the draft and being annoyed at the OTHER teams for not taking Vaseell and letting him land at San Antonio.

Yes teams can TRY to buy picks, but with the cap static those picks are worth more than they can sell them for because they are super cheap roster spot fillers.

Yeah, he was too high when he was in the teens, but 20s seemed reasonable. I still don't know why he fell so far.

Length is prized because guys with long arms generally defend better for their position/height.
    people say curry is the best pg in the league and he is a below average individual defender. I see the wingspand thing as something not ideal.... but i dont think it erases or outweighs everything you have seen a guy do on the floor

people say curry is the best pg in the league and he is a below average individual defender. I see the wingspand thing as something not ideal.... but i dont think it erases or outweighs everything you have seen a guy do on the floor
    True. But like age it's a strike against a guy.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFYP0lA4T3Q

found this video talking to wisemans trainer about his work ethic, what kind of athlete he is, his skill set, where he is now in size, strength, body fat etc. The guy is a trainer who focuses on nutrition, strength and conditioning...He isnt an expert on basketball ability, but he has worked with other pro bball players and pro athletes- so he compares him to some other athletes. Interesting video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFYP0lA4T3Q

found this video talking to wisemans trainer about his work ethic, what kind of athlete he is, his skill set, where he is now in size, strength, body fat etc. The guy is a trainer who focuses on nutrition, strength and conditioning...He isnt an expert on basketball ability, but he has worked with other pro bball players and pro athletes- so he compares him to some other athletes. Interesting video
    I saw that. My reaction is ... I've heard enough hype. I want to SEE it.

I saw that. My reaction is ... I've heard enough hype. I want to SEE it.
    yeah i posted this half way through it.... it seems a little bit too good to be true. He said wiseman is an amazing passing big man, but I dont think hes worked with him on the court or has even seen him scrimmage or do any drills other than 1 on 1 stuff.

I like the cognitive stuff. if he reacts fast and can move his feet, that should translate. I just dont know how fast it will be. It would have been more REAL if he listed some weaknesses or opportunities for improvement.

Dudes lookin pretty young for a 44 yr old- NO HOMO

I was wrong about James Wiseman. I was wrong thinking wed see a more skilled damion jones. I was wrong last january when I said KAT would be better than anyone in this draft. Wisemans floor is a top 30 player in the league. I personally think he will be a top 15 player by the end of his second season. He will be seen as better than Kat BY THE END OF THIS SEASON. Wiseman will be better than Klay when Klay returns.

Kerr is going to have to change his system, for Wiseman. Wiseman will be THAT good.... (like very soon). I really think an anthony davis plus 3 inches is completely in reach.

I was wrong about James Wiseman. I was wrong thinking wed see a more skilled damion jones. I was wrong last january when I said KAT would be better than anyone in this draft. Wisemans floor is a top 30 player in the league. I personally think he will be a top 15 player by the end of his second season. He will be seen as better than Kat BY THE END OF THIS SEASON. Wiseman will be better than Klay when Klay returns.

Kerr is going to have to change his system, for Wiseman. Wiseman will be THAT good.... (like very soon). I really think an anthony davis plus 3 inches is completely in reach.
    He's looking good, but that may be too big a step too soon. He's looked good, but far from perfect.

Wiseman will be that good but idk if itís by the end of the season. Having said that, Kerr absolutely needs to change the system to incorporate Wiseman more. They need to look for him early. Similar to what we tried when Boogie was here.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Wiseman will be that good but idk if itís by the end of the season. Having said that, Kerr absolutely needs to change the system to incorporate Wiseman more. They need to look for him early. Similar to what we tried when Boogie was here.
    They need to throw Wiseman some more lobs creating a Lob City type thing...alley oops galore...especially because Wiseman is probably your #2 option for scoring since Oubre and Wiggins are both useless

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    The system actually has a significant role for a big to score inside, but it's part of the motion, and if the players don't know the system it doesn't happen like it should. The point of the big motion is to get him into his favorite spots with some space and in rhythm. He's been getting a reasonable number of shots up. Also putting the ball in his hands with the rest of the team just watching puts pressure on him Kerr has been trying to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    They need to throw Wiseman some more lobs creating a Lob City type thing...alley oops galore...especially because Wiseman is probably your #2 option for scoring since Oubre and Wiggins are both useless
    If by "useless" you mean shooting poorly then yes, but so has Curry and everyone else on the team.

Page 62 of 63 FirstFirst ... 125260616263 LastLast