Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 61 of 63 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 LastLast
    The thing with Wiseman... even if he busts his floor is Damian Jones. Thatís still extremely useful.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    The thing with Wiseman... even if he busts his floor is Damian Jones. Thatís still extremely useful.
    yeah.... but not what you want with a 2nd pick. I actually think he moves better than jones though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    So, to actually talk about the picks:

Wiseman: It was always about the "if" with Wiseman.

He's a great athlete, he's a perfect size for the position, and he has shown some basic ability on the skills needed for the modern NBA game on offense and defense.

Ifs:
    1. Does he REALLY care about the game and winning?
    2. Is he willing to bang down low and not resort to avoiding contact?
    3. Will he run with the team?

4. Can he learn the scheme in detail on offense and defense?
    5. Can he move the ball from the high post to the right place at the right time?

If he can do those things he could be that dreamed all-star/superstar player you want from a #2 overall pick.

Edwards and Ball I have HUGE questions on. Of the 3 I preferred Williams.

Mannion I like. He's a dog and he knows how to play. He's had some off court issues and hasn't performed as well as people expected. I love his potential.

Jessup I like too. He's not likely to be in the bay area this year, but he's a good shooter and has a good BBIQ. Low rent Duncan Robinson possibility. I hope he earned Bogut's approval.
    1) Who knows? He gave up on his team in college though.....

2)I dont think he will avoid contact- but I dont think he is strong enough to hold his position against most bigs. His body looks like he can get a lot stronger though as he gets older.

3) He will run better than any big the warriors have had. I think he will be one of the fastest 5s in the league from end line to end line from day 1.

4) His assignments on offense will be things he can do very well. Learning to play defense at the nba level against nba offense (pick and roll all day) is going to be tough. He will get lost. Hopefully he will get better.

5) probably not, but I think the majority of times he is expected to pass the ball will be outlet passes. When he gets his hands on the ball in the warriors offense- hes going to be rolling to the rim

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    yeah.... but not what you want with a 2nd pick. I actually think he moves better than jones though.
    No doubt. I suspect he will be much better long term. Gonna be interested to see how they try to incorporate him.

Injuries can derail any career. Or if you ask stylez all injuries where a bone isn't visible on the TV are just tanking

What you want from every pick is a superstar. What you expect from a top 5 pick is a few all-star caliber years in their career.

1) Who knows? He gave up on his team in college though.....

2)I dont think he will avoid contact- but I dont think he is strong enough to hold his position against most bigs. His body looks like he can get a lot stronger though as he gets older.

3) He will run better than any big the warriors have had. I think he will be one of the fastest 5s in the league from end line to end line from day 1.

4) His assignments on offense will be things he can do very well. Learning to play defense at the nba level against nba offense (pick and roll all day) is going to be tough. He will get lost. Hopefully he will get better.

5) probably not, but I think the majority of times he is expected to pass the ball will be outlet passes. When he gets his hands on the ball in the warriors offense- hes going to be rolling to the rim
    2. He might not avoid contact early, but a lot of bigs who learn they can score easier from 17 feet out stop going inside on either end. He's certainly big and strong enough to hold his position now against most NBA bigs, but technique and want-to matter most.

3. He's not going to run better then Chriss is my guess.

4. Kerr wants his centers to have the ball in the high post and move the ball in the offense ... that's not something he has shown.

5. See 4.

Fun fact. We draft Nicoís father ages ago

Fun fact. We draft Nicoís father ages ago
    Came out draft night on whatever it was I was watching ... kind of cool.

Came out draft night on whatever it was I was watching ... kind of cool.
    Had no idea. I was looking the kid up and saw his dad played them dove into that. Was surprised to see he was drafted by us.

Had no idea. I was looking the kid up and saw his dad played them dove into that. Was surprised to see he was drafted by us.
    yeah it was a big story on the radio the next morning. Niko was actually ranked higher than melo ball when they were both playing highschool in the US. They said Niko was projected as a late lottery pick last yr at this time too. 9th best recruit in the country coming out of highschool.

Some execs were annoyed with the Warriors getting Jessup and Mannion both.

Some execs were annoyed with the Warriors getting Jessup and Mannion both.
    LOl why? they were players that every team let fall to the late second round. Im sure those execs could have tried to buy 2nd round picks and got either one of them.

Also.... Jesup isnt a big name at all and its not even clear whether he can make a roster in the nba

LOl why? they were players that every team let fall to the late second round. Im sure those execs could have tried to buy 2nd round picks and got either one of them.

Also.... Jesup isnt a big name at all and its not even clear whether he can make a roster in the nba
    It's like every year the Spurs take a player and people say "Of course they'd fall to the Spurs! They get lucky every year!".

Some teams draft for fit and some draft for potential and some draft for the player they are. After the draft they look at them taking it all into account and say "WTF, how did that player fall so far?".

Mannion and Jessup had 1st round grades by some front offices, they just didn't have picks available to take them. Like if Mannion is on Team A's board at 16, they pick at 13 and take a different player. Their next pick is at 59 so they don't have a chance to take him.

Jessup is basically a smart player with decent but not optimal size and one elite skill. The best thing about him other than his shooting is that he has experience in a Warriors like system. I think he's easily good enough to make an NBA roster this year, it's just that he's already got a pro-deal so he saves the Warriors a roster spot while he develops.