Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Yeah- that seems like it could be a deal breaker.

Seems like it isnt a trade the team with the top pick would be seeking out. Warriors would have to go to the draft and hope they get that offer after they pick the BPA with their own pick.
    It's happened before. The trade could be in place minutes after the lottery is done.

Other team: We want to trade for the #1 overall pick to take player X who we know you also like.
    Warriors: If player Y is available at 5 we'll do it, if not we'll just keep player X.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Iím sure theyíll do workouts but itís not the same as game tape.
    Last I heard they think workouts may be mostly virtual, and if not that they may be solo workouts only.

And so far as I can tell the combine has not been re-scheduled and may not be, which means no medical, no concrete measurements, no consistent athletic testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Last I heard they think workouts may be mostly virtual, and if not that they may be solo workouts only.

And so far as I can tell the combine has not been re-scheduled and may not be, which means no medical, no concrete measurements, no consistent athletic testing.
    Who knows man everything is so fluid. We will see. Personally I hope we keep the pick unless a crazy deal comes thru. I like the idea of bringing in young talent to balance the old and keep the window open longer. Obviously we need to hit on the picks tho.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Who knows man everything is so fluid. We will see. Personally I hope we keep the pick unless a crazy deal comes thru. I like the idea of bringing in young talent to balance the old and keep the window open longer. Obviously we need to hit on the picks tho.
    More than any other year we, as fans, have almost no data. In the past I always had a clear favorite long before now, but this year I'm just going to go with whatever they do. It seems ideal if they could find a partner (or multiple) to move down and get 2 of these kids. I would be THRILLED if they managed to come away with Avdija and Okoro.

I can absolutely see the appeal of Wiseman, Edwards, Haliburton, Toppin, etc. I tend to want players who have games that are multi-faceted already and Edwards, Ball, and Toppin are all one dimensional. Avdija, Okoro, Haliburton, Okongwu, Bey, Hampton are multi-talented already but not elite except maybe Okoro on defense. The next group includes Achiuwa, Nesmith, and Williams. It would be nice to get more than one of them.

Jaden McDaniels would be interesting if they can grab him cheap ... he's raw and skinny but interesting and has a good feel for the game.

Yea honestly we just have to trust they get it right.

A few question on the rules regarding trading draft picks. From what I understand- a team is not allowed to trade their draft picks in back to back years. Just wondering if anybody knew the answers.

1) If a team trades their draft pick with a contingency (IE top 5 protected), does that count as one of the years?

2) I am assuming that the back end of a contingency must count as one of the years. This year the Twolves traded their 2021 pick to the warriors which is top 3 protected. It becomes unprotected in 2022. So as of now, the twolves can not negotiate a deal involving either of those years draft picks?

3) If a player is drafted by a team, and then later on during draft night- a trade happens that sends the rights of that player to another team. Does that count as trading a pick and would that transaction make you unable to include the following years pick in a deal?

4) If you trade a draft pick for another draft pick in the same draft- does that count as one of the 2 consecutive years trading a pick? Because your team still got a player in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    A few question on the rules regarding trading draft picks. From what I understand- a team is not allowed to trade their draft picks in back to back years. Just wondering if anybody knew the answers.

1) If a team trades their draft pick with a contingency (IE top 5 protected), does that count as one of the years?

2) I am assuming that the back end of a contingency must count as one of the years. This year the Twolves traded their 2021 pick to the warriors which is top 3 protected. It becomes unprotected in 2022. So as of now, the twolves can not negotiate a deal involving either of those years draft picks?

3) If a player is drafted by a team, and then later on during draft night- a trade happens that sends the rights of that player to another team. Does that count as trading a pick and would that transaction make you unable to include the following years pick in a deal?

4) If you trade a draft pick for another draft pick in the same draft- does that count as one of the 2 consecutive years trading a pick? Because your team still got a player in the draft.
    IIRC:

1. Trades in sequential years can't be executed, so the conditions on them have to cover that.
    2. Any trade they make for 2022 has to have conditions related to what happens with the 2021 pick.
    3. That does not count as a traded pick.
    4. That does not count as a traded pick.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526