Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    I think Curryís better off the ball actually. Ball is the best passer in the draft and is projected to be a generational passing talent. If Ball could pick up his percentages (heís 6í7) he could actually be an excellent addition as a PG to play with Steph and the boys
    There are big issues with Ball other than his shooting percentage. He's a ball dominant player and is at his best in the PnR which Kerr runs very infrequently. They just got done trying to get another ball dominant PnR player (DLo) to play a different way and failed. I think that is reasonably going to scare them away from Ball as the #1 pick. If the Warriors get #5 and their other top prospects are gone Ball may be the player they take, I'm not saying they'd flat refuse to take him at all, just that I don't think he's top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    There are big issues with Ball other than his shooting percentage. He's a ball dominant player and is at his best in the PnR which Kerr runs very infrequently. They just got done trying to get another ball dominant PnR player (DLo) to play a different way and failed. I think that is reasonably going to scare them away from Ball as the #1 pick. If the Warriors get #5 and their other top prospects are gone Ball may be the player they take, I'm not saying they'd flat refuse to take him at all, just that I don't think he's top 3.
    Yea I agree, i think heís the pick if we donít get a top 3 and our top guys are gone. I thought he looked really good in transition and unlike Russell he has no legs to stand on bass on what type of offense heíll run or be most effective in. Being that heís so young Iím sure he can be groomed to play Warriros basketball. And since heís not as good of shooter as the other pnr leaders in the league, I think heíll need to figure out how to play another way anyways or people wouldnít respect him in the mid range or the 3

I also think Ball could be the flashiest pick outside of Edwards and could be good bait for a potential star along with another lottery pick. Balls pretty hyped imo warranted or not

I also think Ball could be the flashiest pick outside of Edwards and could be good bait for a potential star along with another lottery pick. Balls pretty hyped imo warranted or not
    Wiseman is worth a lot of hype too, but all of them have some big questions.

Some BR article today said Dubs arenít interested in either player unless they pick them for another team. That could be a smoke screen but Iím not sure why theyíd want to drop those guys value or show their hand in case they do get the 4th pick and the top 3 teams pass on those guys. Then they miss the guy they want.. let the games begin

Some BR article today said Dubs arenít interested in either player unless they pick them for another team. That could be a smoke screen but Iím not sure why theyíd want to drop those guys value or show their hand in case they do get the 4th pick and the top 3 teams pass on those guys. Then they miss the guy they want.. let the games begin
    I don't think the Warriors have anything to do with any of those rumors. They have no reason to speculate through the media. Certainly not until after the lottery is done.

Anthony Edwards
    I think he's the best player in this draft, but where does he fit in? He's a two guard and moving Thompson to the 3 wouldn't be a good idea because he's just not a good rebounder. That would also move a $27M a year player in Wiggins to the bench. They could play Edwards off the bench. If they do that, then Edwards may not last past his rookie contract since he'll seek stardom on another team as a starter.

James Wiseman
    He's the best fit, but he's by far a polished product. He's not a guy that would be the opening day starter at the 5. Chriss has played well in a limited sample size, but he's still only 23 years old and he should continue to improve. Big men notoriously take longer to develop and I'm not sure the Warriors have the luxury of waiting 2-3 years for player. Their championship window relies on Curry and Thompson. I'm not sure Curry will be the same player at 36.

Obi Toppin
    I compare him to Tobias Harris. A nice player, but I don't see how he could help this team if they have Green and Paschall at the 4. I loved what I saw out of Paschall, so a 4 is not a need.

Lamelo Ball
    Was never a fan of him, but he has seemed to mature mentally and physically. He could be the second coming of Penny Hardaway but thats a big if. He has great vision and poor shot selection. Could be worth a gamble, but I'm not sure how he would fit in with this team though.

All signs point to that they should be looking to trade this pick for an established player or at least move down if they do get a top 3 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    Anthony Edwards
    I think he's the best player in this draft, but where does he fit in? He's a two guard and moving Thompson to the 3 wouldn't be a good idea because he's just not a good rebounder. That would also move a $27M a year player in Wiggins to the bench. They could play Edwards off the bench. If they do that, then Edwards may not last past his rookie contract since he'll seek stardom on another team as a starter.

James Wiseman
    He's the best fit, but he's by far a polished product. He's not a guy that would be the opening day starter at the 5. Chriss has played well in a limited sample size, but he's still only 23 years old and he should continue to improve. Big men notoriously take longer to develop and I'm not sure the Warriors have the luxury of waiting 2-3 years for player. Their championship window relies on Curry and Thompson. I'm not sure Curry will be the same player at 36.

Obi Toppin
    I compare him to Tobias Harris. A nice player, but I don't see how he could help this team if they have Green and Paschall at the 4. I loved what I saw out of Paschall, so a 4 is not a need.

Lamelo Ball
    Was never a fan of him, but he has seemed to mature mentally and physically. He could be the second coming of Penny Hardaway but thats a big if. He has great vision and poor shot selection. Could be worth a gamble, but I'm not sure how he would fit in with this team though.

All signs point to that they should be looking to trade this pick for an established player or at least move down if they do get a top 3 pick.
    There are several interesting wings in the draft, but the number of projected "stars" is small.

If they find their favorite player and can trade down and still get them that would be ideal.

Okongwu, center, defense, smart, okay offense
    Vassell, wing, defense, smart, improving offense, shot is good and getting better
    Okoro, wing, defense, smart, defense, defense, ball movement, defense, not a shooter
    Avdija, wing, super smart, floor game, team defense, shaky shot development is key

Any two of them and I'd be thrilled.

Anyone know when the lotto will take place?

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Anyone know when the lotto will take place?
    I honestly think the literal answer is "No". Not even the NBA knows.

A trade down will likely end up being the best move but we will need to see where our pick is and then outside of 1 how the board falls before we will know if itís the best move. Part of me still wants Wiseman. Part says go get a 3/4. Part wants the kid from Israel. Iím freaking torn.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    A trade down will likely end up being the best move but we will need to see where our pick is and then outside of 1 how the board falls before we will know if itís the best move. Part of me still wants Wiseman. Part says go get a 3/4. Part wants the kid from Israel. Iím freaking torn.
    Funny thing to me is that this subject hasn't changed even a little bit in literally months but the media has to talk about something so they are just guessing on things.

The Warriors should trade down if they can do so and still get their favorite player. If they can't trade down then they should just take that player. If they can't trade down to a spot where that player is still going to be on the board they should not trade down.

Ideally they could get the #1 pick, trade down and get Okoro and Avdija or something like that ... that would be a great outcome ... but REALLY unlikely. The most likely outcome is they just draft a player and move on with that player.

Any thoughts on what the Warriors do if they get the number 1 pick?

I think they take Edwards, Wiseman or Ball. They may even take Ball and look to flip him since heís got a Ďbigí name and has a ton of potential.

Even if they get number one and trade it, the draft order would have to be perfect for that to happen. Lol Celtics fleeced Philadelphia however Atlanta and the Mavs were set up perfectly.

Can anyone remember any other lop sided or even tied draft night flips? Wasnít Ray Allen immediately traded I canít remember the deal and donít feel like looking it up

Vince Carter, Antawn Jamison lol

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast