Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vallejo Raiders View Post
    You confuse opinions as facts. But tell me this what prospect has no flaws? I'm telling you my opinion is he can be the SF to replace Wiggins.
    Whereís Wiggins going?

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Whereís Wiggins going?
    The bench?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The bench?
    $30MM for a bench player? I truly think Wiggins comes back way better next year and this conversation will appear really shortsighted. Obi is a 4 btw, and I havenít had any indication that heís a wing player by any means. Granted Iím working on very limited information

$30MM for a bench player? I truly think Wiggins comes back way better next year and this conversation will appear really shortsighted. Obi is a 4 btw, and I havenít had any indication that heís a wing player by any means. Granted Iím working on very limited information
    It's not my idea

I think Obi is a 4 too, and he's 3 years older than the other people in the conversation for the Warriors pick, and his offense, while good, is predicated a lot on explosion which doesn't age nor translate all that well, and his defense is suspect, and he plays a position of strength on the Warriors roster right now with Green, Paschall, Looney, and Chriss.

I generally prefer most of the other options mocked to the Warriors over Obi, but I don't have all that much data on most of these kids either.

Edwards can score and jump out the gym, but does he care, and while the Warriors have prided themselves on getting winners first, Edwards is not a winner.
    Ball is interesting because he's elite at the things he does well and a total nightmare in the other things.
    Wiseman has that body and supposedly is driven, but his BBIQ and general decision making is suspect as can be.
    Avdija's athleticism is a bit of a mystery and fit is a question for him too ... can he guard 3s on the wing? Can he guard 4s in the post? No idea.

LOTS of unknowns.

It's not my idea

I think Obi is a 4 too, and he's 3 years older than the other people in the conversation for the Warriors pick, and his offense, while good, is predicated a lot on explosion which doesn't age nor translate all that well, and his defense is suspect, and he plays a position of strength on the Warriors roster right now with Green, Paschall, Looney, and Chriss.

I generally prefer most of the other options mocked to the Warriors over Obi, but I don't have all that much data on most of these kids either.

Edwards can score and jump out the gym, but does he care, and while the Warriors have prided themselves on getting winners first, Edwards is not a winner.
    Ball is interesting because he's elite at the things he does well and a total nightmare in the other things.
    Wiseman has that body and supposedly is driven, but his BBIQ and general decision making is suspect as can be.
    Avdija's athleticism is a bit of a mystery and fit is a question for him too ... can he guard 3s on the wing? Can he guard 4s in the post? No idea.

LOTS of unknowns.
    Good post. They might go with Edwards if they get #1 and canít move the pick. He may provide the most upside and could be a trade candidate if he has a solid rookie campaign off the bench. He also could ingratiate himself into the Warriors culture and totally redeem himself and be even better than advertised, if thatís even a thing if youíre picked 1st. He could be the safest pick based on limited information. But if they could trade down and pick up another lottery pick somehow, then I hope they do it

Good post. They might go with Edwards if they get #1 and canít move the pick. He may provide the most upside and could be a trade candidate if he has a solid rookie campaign off the bench. He also could ingratiate himself into the Warriors culture and totally redeem himself and be even better than advertised, if thatís even a thing if youíre picked 1st. He could be the safest pick based on limited information. But if they could trade down and pick up another lottery pick somehow, then I hope they do it
    I agree, a trade down AND get "their guy" is the best possible outcome ... but it's incredibly unlikely.

My guess is they would love Avdija AND Okoro/Haliburton/Mannion/Oturu, but that's going to take multiple trades, and that would likely require they draft a guy for another team without knowing if "their guy" will be available later when their trade partners pick comes up, let alone the other trade partners requirements. It's maybe more likely they can trade down for a pick this year and next year, and the variables in future picks makes them worth a lot less.

That would be so dope to get Avidja and Haliburton or Okoro for the #1. This could happen but purely based on lottery position and assuming the Warriros get #1. A lot of mock drafts have Atlanta liking Avidja and so it depends on where they pick (if true), to really see if a trade could be had. Memphis might covet a guy like Edwards to pair with Morant to form a potential big 3 along with Jackson. They could be inclined to move a few pieces to another team in the top 10 to make the deal work. Perhaps Justice Winslow and Gieng could pry a #12 pick in a supposed weak draft...

Most realistic scenario is that Dubs donít get the 1st pick then they pick their guy and pick up some guys in free agency

That would be so dope to get Avidja and Haliburton or Okoro for the #1. This could happen but purely based on lottery position and assuming the Warriros get #1. A lot of mock drafts have Atlanta liking Avidja and so it depends on where they pick (if true), to really see if a trade could be had. Memphis might covet a guy like Edwards to pair with Morant to form a potential big 3 along with Jackson. They could be inclined to move a few pieces to another team in the top 10 to make the deal work. Perhaps Justice Winslow and Gieng could pry a #12 pick in a supposed weak draft...

Most realistic scenario is that Dubs donít get the 1st pick then they pick their guy and pick up some guys in free agency
    Yeah. MUCH more likely if they trade down it's for future picks.

To me Wiseman really doesn't make a ton of sense for the Warriors. He still needs tons of reps and lots of development before he's ready to be a big time contributors in the NBA. Most of the players in this draft need a lot more development before they could be key contributors on a win now team like the Warriors

Just my opinion but it makes far more sense the the Warriors use Wiggins and the pick to get another elite established player that could help put them right back in the championship mix along with a healthy Steph, Klay and Green

If they do end up drafting a player to keep i think Avdija clearly makes the most sense for them in Kerrs system although if they do get the #1 pick Edwards huge upside and elite athleticism might be very tempting.

Ball makes no sense, both he and Curry are high scoring point guards that are clearly at their best with the ball in their hands

The Warriors probably still have another good 3-4 yr window to win with the core of Curry, Klay and Green. That top pick+ makes the most sense to be used to get a player thats going to be at his best, not developing, during that same window to improve their chances of winning more championships

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post
    To me Wiseman really doesn't make a ton of sense for the Warriors. He still needs tons of reps and lots of development before he's ready to be a big time contributors in the NBA. Most of the players in this draft need a lot more development before they could be key contributors on a win now team like the Warriors

Just my opinion but it makes far more sense the the Warriors use Wiggins and the pick to get another elite established player that could help put them right back in the championship mix along with a healthy Steph, Klay and Green

If they do end up drafting a player to keep i think Avdija clearly makes the most sense for them in Kerrs system although if they do get the #1 pick Edwards huge upside and elite athleticism might be very tempting.

Ball makes no sense, both he and Curry are high scoring point guards that are clearly at their best with the ball in their hands

The Warriors probably still have another good 3-4 yr window to win with the core of Curry, Klay and Green. That top pick+ makes the most sense to be used to get a player thats going to be at his best, not developing, during that same window to improve their chances of winning more championships
    The Warriors are willing to take on a max contract for Wiggins and the pick, but they are not only in win now mode. They would love a player that can contribute now, but they are okay with getting a great prospect even if they can't play this year because they want to continue winning as Curry ages and retires.

If they get a trade down option that lets them get a player they love they'll take it.

If they can find a way to add a superstar by trade they'll do it.

If not they will draft a player and go from there.

I donít think they trade. I think their looking to extend the window by adding young talent that can grow and take over as the current core ages out.

A trade down is possible but unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    I donít think they trade. I think their looking to extend the window by adding young talent that can grow and take over as the current core ages out.

A trade down is possible but unlikely.
    I think they want to find a great player in this (and next) draft, but I think they are open to anything.

I think they want to find a great player in this (and next) draft, but I think they are open to anything.
    I mean yea they wonít rule anything out but I donít get the feeling that itís trade the pick at all costs. I think their actively looking draft someone. If a trade comes a long it doesnít otherwise they want to get younger.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    I mean yea they wonít rule anything out but I donít get the feeling that itís trade the pick at all costs. I think their actively looking draft someone. If a trade comes a long it doesnít otherwise they want to get younger.
    Absolutely correct. I think they have a player at the top of their list, if that player is generally rated below where they are drafting they will make calls on trades down to still get their player. If that player isn't likely to be available in a trade down they will just take them. The other scenario is they trade the pick for a player.

Ideally their favorite player is likely there around the middle of the lottery, the Warriors get the top pick, trade down to pick 7 for a first this year and a first next year, and take the player they wanted. Then trade that other first round pick this year and the TPE for a vet who can contribute right away.

Quote Originally Posted by dayners81 View Post

I think Curryís better off the ball actually. Ball is the best passer in the draft and is projected to be a generational passing talent. If Ball could pick up his percentages (heís 6í7) he could actually be an excellent addition as a PG to play with Steph and the boys

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast