Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Just saw the updates for the mocks and it is still the same as far as the Warriors draft board goes and it still has Wiseman being taken by the Warriors
    And the mocks have none of the data the teams will be gathering in the process leading up to the draft, and this year that's more important than most years.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    And the mocks have none of the data the teams will be gathering in the process leading up to the draft, and this year that's more important than most years.
    Yeah but even so I mean come on the mocks more or less play a contributing role or factors into the buildup of deciding who y'all are gonna pick

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I would NOT call my reaction to Wiggins as "excited". I can talk positively about possibilities without expecting them. Wiggins has been horribly inefficient, inconsistent, and disengaged ... but I can see that he's very athletic and has a lot of talent too. The question is, can he turn it around? That was much my reaction to DLo too, and the answer with DLo was, essentially, no. He didn't want to change his game really at all for Kerr or the team system the Warriors generally run. My biggest excitement with DLo was that the Warriors got SOMETHING in exchange for KD rather than just nothing at all.
    The Wolves actually wanted Dlo who wants Wiggins?

Yeah but even so I mean come on the mocks more or less play a contributing role or factors into the buildup of deciding who y'all are gonna pick
    False.

For fans yes, for teams I sure hope not.

You have to acknowledge if Wiseman comes in casual and smart assed and doesn't demonstrate a reasonable understanding of the game some teams are going to decide he's not the one for them despite is physical traits.

In this draft there are almost certain to be some surprises in the top 10, and likely in the top 5.

Dubs are going to take the BPA, theyíre not going to gamble on someone with little data. But for all we know Wiseman could be the truth and will far exceed expectations in multiple workouts. Iím sure his people want Wiseman coming to the Warriors and have been in talks with them for months. The good thing about Wiseman is that he can begin unofficial workouts and interviews early since heís not playing for a school. They could take him if he shows dominance and defensive brilliance in work outs

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Dubs are going to take the BPA, theyíre not going to gamble on someone with little data. But for all we know Wiseman could be the truth and will far exceed expectations in multiple workouts. Iím sure his people want Wiseman coming to the Warriors and have been in talks with them for months. The good thing about Wiseman is that he can begin unofficial workouts and interviews early since heís not playing for a school. They could take him if he shows dominance and defensive brilliance in work outs
    "they're not going to gamble on someone with little data" ... right now that's maybe 3 of the top 5 players.

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    I feel there isn't a Zion or Ayton in this draft, someone that truly stands out as the best player in the draft. Its a bunch of potentially good players and I'm not sure Wiseman will rise to the top as the best player in this draft. Seems scouts are enamored with athleticism and not many have more of that than Anthony Edwards. So do they take Edwards and go to a small line up with Curry, Edwards, Thompson, Wiggins and Green?

Curry (PG)
    Klay (SG)
    Wiggins (SF)
    Draymond (PF)
    Wiseman (C)

I think that lineup is pretty formidable

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    I feel there isn't a Zion or Ayton in this draft, someone that truly stands out as the best player in the draft. Its a bunch of potentially good players and I'm not sure Wiseman will rise to the top as the best player in this draft. Seems scouts are enamored with athleticism and not many have more of that than Anthony Edwards. So do they take Edwards and go to a small line up with Curry, Edwards, Thompson, Wiggins and Green?
    And right now we're not talking about NBA scouts but internet and TV scouts who are notoriously years behind NBA growth.

Curry (PG)
    Klay (SG)
    Wiggins (SF)
    Draymond (PF)
    Wiseman (C)

I think that lineup is pretty formidable
    Ok so we get it, your high on wiseman. And thats fine. You are making basically the exact same posts without addressing any of the concerns about him. I'll try and spell it out. The biggest concern that most people have with Wiseman is a lack of information on him other than the first 3 games in college. People arent saying he wont be a great player because there really isnt enough info either way.

In a league where having a great rim protecting 7 foot center is less important than its ever been..... people are hesitant to use a top 2 or 3 pick on a guy who has question marks on him and his position might be virtually non existant by the time he develops into his potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallejo Raiders View Post
    The Wolves actually wanted Dlo who wants Wiggins?
    I don't know that any other team wanted DLo as much as the Wolves did.

Wiggins CAN fit with the Warriors, DLo proved he wouldn't was his issue. Getting a likely high 1st for DLo is a steal, getting Wiggins is maybe a bonus, maybe just a trial to move on, but they need to keep the salary slot filled to keep access to that money at all.

Not in the least bit. Itís mental masturbation for die hard fans. NBA teams have access to a world of information not available to those ďjournalistĒ creating mocks.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Ok so we get it, your high on wiseman. And thats fine. You are making basically the exact same posts without addressing any of the concerns about him. I'll try and spell it out. The biggest concern that most people have with Wiseman is a lack of information on him other than the first 3 games in college. People arent saying he wont be a great player because there really isnt enough info either way.

In a league where having a great rim protecting 7 foot center is less important than its ever been..... people are hesitant to use a top 2 or 3 pick on a guy who has question marks on him and his position might be virtually non existant by the time he develops into his potential.
    Very good point. His personal workouts are gonna be big. But his position becoming less important is even more of a huge role. It will be interesting to see how teams with bigs do in the playoffs. The west has some young bigs going into the post season. Having our own to match could be useful. Iíll also be keeping an eye on the Rockets and their all guard run. Mike helped change the game to be more positionless before the league was ready. This could be him ahead of the game once again (tho I doubt it this time).

We have a young big in Marquises Chriss, I like him a lot

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast