Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    its kinda hard to picture them loving anybody in this draft given the limited information they have on the players. They could have some guys that interest them more than others- but considering they havent even had these guys in for workouts or interviews-

Being dead set on any of the prospects would not be rooted in anything other speculation.

Unfortunately- that works against them in the trade market. Its also unlikely that anybody else will be deadset on a player. One player who might be an exception is Lamelo Ball. Not because lamelo is a guarantee to be a superstar- but drafting melo is guaranteed to get you national attention and a level of buzz that isnt there with the other top tier players. For some teams- that has a lot of value.
    They have interviewed and they have interviewed their coaches and other players on the teams with them and talked to their trainers. They certainly want more data but that doesn't mean they don't have a player that was way at the top of their list before the college bball season even started.

What WE don't know is a lot more than what the teams don't know.

Warriors though the position of true need is at the 5 position at center...which is what the Warriors should be doing is drafting a big man

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Warriors though the position of true need is at the 5 position at center...which is what the Warriors should be doing is drafting a big man
    Maybe. They have 3 players on the roster who play 5, and they have $22M to spend on free agents/trades that may well fill that role much better than any draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Maybe. They have 3 players on the roster who play 5, and they have $22M to spend on free agents/trades that may well fill that role much better than any draft pick.
    Then what is the use of holding on to the pick if you have no use for it

Then what is the use of holding on to the pick if you have no use for it
    There is always use for talent. It just doesn't have to be a 5.

Warriors trade scenarios that I have seen just now on Fansided:

5) Orlando Magic receive: Andrew Wiggins and the #2 overall pick

GSW receives: Aaron Gordon and Aminu

4) OKC Thunder receive: Andrew Wiggins and the #2 overall pick

GSW receives: Steven Adams and Darius Bazley

3) Philadelphia 76ers receive: Klay Thompson and the #2 overall pick

Golden State Warriors receive: Joel Embiid

Philadelphia 76ers receive: Andrew Wiggins, Eric Paschall, #2 overall pick and 2022 lottery protected pick

2) Milwaukee Bucks receive: #2 overall pick, Klay Thompson, 2022 lottery protected pick and 2024 lottery protected pick

Golden State Warriors receive: Giannis Antetokounmpo and Thanasis Antetokounmpo

1) Washington Wizards receive: Andrew Wiggins, #2 overall pick, Eric Paschall and 2022 lottery protected pick

Golden State Warriors receive: Bradley Beal

https://fansided.com/2020/08/20/5-tr...ft-pick/amp/5/
    Last edited by Tg11; 09-12-2020 at 09:24 AM.

[QUOTE=Tg11;33590490]Warriors trade scenarios that I have seen just now on Fansided:

5) Orlando Magic receive: Andrew Wiggins and the #2 overall pick

GSW receives: Aaron Gordon and Aminu
    I'd pass on this one- I would consider if we swap picks and we get terrance ross instead of aminu

4) OKC Thunder receive: Andrew Wiggins and the #2 overall pick

GSW receives: Steven Adams and Darius Bazley
    Hard Pass

3) Philadelphia 76ers receive: Klay Thompson and the #2 overall pick

Value is there, but I dont think so. (would there be a way to trade wiggins, paschall and next yrs twolves pick for Beal)

Philadelphia 76ers receive: Andrew Wiggins, Eric Paschall, #2 overall pick and 2022 lottery protected pick

Id do this

2) Milwaukee Bucks receive: #2 overall pick, Klay Thompson, 2022 lottery protected pick and 2024 lottery protected pick

Golden State Warriors receive: Giannis Antetokounmpo and Thanasis Antetokounmpo
    Yeah- Id do it

1) Washington Wizards receive: Andrew Wiggins, #2 overall pick, Eric Paschall and 2022 lottery protected pick
    I think you forgot to add the rest of this

I don't want Wiseman when people are saying he may be David Robinson, why would I want Embiid?

Magic have to pay to move Gordon and the Warriors can get him without moving Wiggins, and Gordon into Wiggins' salary slot would be a bad move.

Steven Adams for that is a joke.

Fansided is clearly of the opinion that the Warriors are desperate for a center.

I don't want Wiseman when people are saying he may be David Robinson, why would I want Embiid?

Magic have to pay to move Gordon and the Warriors can get him without moving Wiggins, and Gordon into Wiggins' salary slot would be a bad move.

Steven Adams for that is a joke.

Fansided is clearly of the opinion that the Warriors are desperate for a center.
    I think they also have a lack of knowledge of the warriors assets. Warriors have the twolves pick next year (top 3 protected). That is never included in any trade though. Also- they repeatedly suggest trades that include the warriors 2022 pick.

[QUOTE=Scoots;33591037]
    Because wiseman hasnt proven anything at the nba level. (Infact he didnt even play against top tier teams at the college level) Embiid has proven hes likely a top 2 or 3 center on both ends of the floor for the next 7 or 8 years?

[QUOTE=likemystylez;33591432]

Because wiseman hasnt proven anything at the nba level. (Infact he didnt even play against top tier teams at the college level) Embiid has proven hes likely a top 2 or 3 center on both ends of the floor for the next 7 or 8 years?
    Because Embiid is a max contract player who doesn't play enough to warrant the money and who doesn't want to play at the speed and motion that the Warriors want to play. Wiseman may get there eventually, but even then will he get to 25 minutes a game? Is a max contract warranted for a 25 minute a game player?

[QUOTE=Scoots;33591770]

Because Embiid is a max contract player who doesn't play enough to warrant the money and who doesn't want to play at the speed and motion that the Warriors want to play. Wiseman may get there eventually, but even then will he get to 25 minutes a game? Is a max contract warranted for a 25 minute a game player?
    I see. The games missed are a huge concern I agree. I think the argument could be made that it is worth adjusting the way the team plays to try and make things work with a talent like Embiid. I'm not sure id be as willing to make those changes for Wiseman.

I would rather try to make things work with embiid- then bring back this same roster and win 20% of our games again next season.

[QUOTE=likemystylez;33591836]

I see. The games missed are a huge concern I agree. I think the argument could be made that it is worth adjusting the way the team plays to try and make things work with a talent like Embiid. I'm not sure id be as willing to make those changes for Wiseman.

I would rather try to make things work with embiid- then bring back this same roster and win 20% of our games again next season.
    The first point is valid, but I'm less likely to change for Embiid on his huge contract with the cost of #2 and Wiggins and maybe something else than I am for Wiseman on a rookie deal and the cost of only the pick.

The second point is just more of your trolling and clearly has no basis in reality.

[QUOTE=likemystylez;33590935]
    Warriors trade scenarios that I have seen just now on Fansided:

I'd pass on this one- I would consider if we swap picks and we get terrance ross instead of aminu

Hard Pass

Value is there, but I dont think so. (would there be a way to trade wiggins, paschall and next yrs twolves pick for Beal)

Id do this

Yeah- Id do it

I think you forgot to add the rest of this
    Edited but #1 with the Warriors getting Beal how does that work...Beal is a shooting guard unless you have Klay shift over to the 3 and play SF or you keep Klay at the 2 and have Beal play the 3

[QUOTE=Tg11;33592624]

Edited but #1 with the Warriors getting Beal how does that work...Beal is a shooting guard unless you have Klay shift over to the 3 and play SF or you keep Klay at the 2 and have Beal play the 3
    positionless ball

Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast