Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    I would rather see the Warriors keep the pick rather than trade it away and have said player develop with Steph, Klay and Draymond and if it is James Wiseman that happens to be drafted to the Warriors he would be such a great fit in the Warriors offense because of how athletically gifted he is as a big man as a 5...he definitely can grab boards but also he's a big man who can pass and with his ability to get to the lane would make things easier on Steph, Klay and Draymond even

[QUOTE=Tg11;33585161]
    I would rather see the Warriors keep the pick rather than trade it away and have said player develop with Steph, Klay and Draymond
    LOL- thats kind of a large blanket statement before even seeing what is being offered for the pick. Its good to have a plan I suppose. But considering you arent positive who that player will be and you dont know what is being offered for that pick.... it just seems a bit close minded.

and if it is James Wiseman that happens to be drafted to the Warriors he would be such a great fit in the Warriors offense because of how athletically gifted he is as a big man as a 5
    Wiseman appears to have great athletic ability, but he looks raw. He could be 2 years away from being a consistent contributor (Hopefully sooner). If this was 2010- id say go for it and let him grow with steph curry. Now im not sure wiseman at age 19 will be a big piece of a contending team next season.

..he definitely can grab boards but also he's a big man who can pass and with his ability to get to the lane would make things easier on Steph, Klay and Draymond even
    He can rebound, which is good. he had 1 assist in 3 college games.... and it was him tipping an offensive rebound to his team mate for a lay up. Not sure thats enough to sell him as a big who can pass

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    I would rather see the Warriors keep the pick rather than trade it away and have said player develop with Steph, Klay and Draymond and if it is James Wiseman that happens to be drafted to the Warriors he would be such a great fit in the Warriors offense because of how athletically gifted he is as a big man as a 5...he definitely can grab boards but also he's a big man who can pass and with his ability to get to the lane would make things easier on Steph, Klay and Draymond even
    One potential issue is that the Warriors offense at it's best is VERY fast and is constant movement. Wiseman hasn't shown he can do that. Will he hustle 100% every possession? He's going to have to outrun Draymond if he wants to be in the offense all the time. If the pick is Edwards, Haliburton, Avdija, Vassell I have fare less doubt they will be running.

Rebounding is over-rated. Offensive rebounding is a skill, defensive rebounding in the modern game is much more about waiting for the ball and being able to catch it when 90% of the time the rebound isn't contested.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    One potential issue is that the Warriors offense at it's best is VERY fast and is constant movement. Wiseman hasn't shown he can do that. Will he hustle 100% every possession? He's going to have to outrun Draymond if he wants to be in the offense all the time. If the pick is Edwards, Haliburton, Avdija, Vassell I have fare less doubt they will be running.
    Wiseman is definitely faster than Draymond especially for a big man especially if you have watched tape on Wiseman...Wiseman is not your average 5...he is more like a 4 who can play the 5 but is built like a 5...similar to AD or Embiid in a sense

Wiseman is definitely faster than Draymond especially for a big man especially if you have watched tape on Wiseman...Wiseman is not your average 5...he is more like a 4 who can play the 5 but is built like a 5...similar to AD or Embiid in a sense
    I'm not buying it. And AD and Embiid are pretty different players.

If the Warriors pick Wiseman I'll hope for the best, but I don't know that he's worth the #2 to the Warriors.

I'm not buying it. And AD and Embiid are pretty different players.

If the Warriors pick Wiseman I'll hope for the best, but I don't know that he's worth the #2 to the Warriors.

Scoots,

If they make the selection at number 2, and they find themselves choosing between Ball and Wiseman...... (since that seems to be the most likely scenerio if they dont make a trade)- who would you prefer they take.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Scoots,

If they make the selection at number 2, and they find themselves choosing between Ball and Wiseman...... (since that seems to be the most likely scenerio if they dont make a trade)- who would you prefer they take.
    I don't know the missing data, but with what I've seen I'd take Avdija, Haliburton, or Okoro over either one of them.

If the FO is sure Ball will be a great teammate, will adjust his game to fit the system, will fix his shot, and will go hard on defense then they should take him because he's one of the 2 or 3 players in the draft with any elite level skill.

If the FO is sure Wiseman is David Robinson or AD then they should take him.

If not, then I'd rather they take a player who fits the scheme, has demonstrated it, and who can contribute and grow with this Warriors team and the above 3 names are the top 3 on that list for me.

Avdija is bust material to me and I've watched tape on him. He's definitely not worth it at #2. Haliburton he is damn good but really is he even that good to be considered a #2 pick? No way those players are better than Wiseman or LaMelo. Okoro as much as I sing his praises he is definitely not a #2 overall especially in this draft class.

So really for the Warriors it is between Ball or Wiseman.

Avdija is bust material to me and I've watched tape on him. He's definitely not worth it at #2. Haliburton he is damn good but really is he even that good to be considered a #2 pick? No way those players are better than Wiseman or LaMelo. Okoro as much as I sing his praises he is definitely not a #2 overall especially in this draft class.

So really for the Warriors it is between Ball or Wiseman.
    ALL of them have a reasonable chance to bust. That's the problem.

And the idea of who is and isn't worth the #2 pick ... if Vassell ends up being the best player in this draft then he'd be worth the #1 pick wouldn't he? And the reality is that all of those players may be the best player in this draft. The top 3 are the most talented but they also have the biggest questions.

Of Edwards, Ball, and Wiseman I think Edwards is probably the best fit because Ball is a ball dominating pick and roll PG and the Warriors don't pick and roll, and Wiseman's issue is the Warriors don't use the 5 in a way that is worth the #2 overall pick. Edwards at least would be a clear offensive boost on the team like Harden was with Westbrook and KD. But even saying that Edwards has his long list of issues too.

ALL of them have a reasonable chance to bust. That's the problem.

And the idea of who is and isn't worth the #2 pick ... if Vassell ends up being the best player in this draft then he'd be worth the #1 pick wouldn't he? And the reality is that all of those players may be the best player in this draft. The top 3 are the most talented but they also have the biggest questions.

Of Edwards, Ball, and Wiseman I think Edwards is probably the best fit because Ball is a ball dominating pick and roll PG and the Warriors don't pick and roll, and Wiseman's issue is the Warriors don't use the 5 in a way that is worth the #2 overall pick. Edwards at least would be a clear offensive boost on the team like Harden was with Westbrook and KD. But even saying that Edwards has his long list of issues too.
    Yeah but Wiseman isn't your typical 5 though either

Yeah but Wiseman isn't your typical 5 though either
    Who is a typical 5?

The Warriors under Kerr have not used centers much more than 20 minutes a game per player, and one year in the last 6 the top minutes center got 14.1 minutes per game. Is a player who is unlikely to play 30 minutes a game worth the #2 overall pick? Keep in mind that Kerr doesn't like posting up on offense and doesn't like players backing down, he wants constant movement, and he wants bigs who are high BBIQ setting screens and moving the ball. Wiseman is physically gifted but he's not ready now and may never be ready for significant minutes for Kerr.

Xavier Tillman would probably get more minutes from Kerr and he'll be available at the bottom of the 2nd round most likely.

Who is a typical 5?

The Warriors under Kerr have not used centers much more than 20 minutes a game per player, and one year in the last 6 the top minutes center got 14.1 minutes per game. Is a player who is unlikely to play 30 minutes a game worth the #2 overall pick? Keep in mind that Kerr doesn't like posting up on offense and doesn't like players backing down, he wants constant movement, and he wants bigs who are high BBIQ setting screens and moving the ball. Wiseman is physically gifted but he's not ready now and may never be ready for significant minutes for Kerr.

Xavier Tillman would probably get more minutes from Kerr and he'll be available at the bottom of the 2nd round most likely.
    Then the Warriors may as well trade the pick

Then the Warriors may as well trade the pick
    And around and around we go. If they love a player and they can't be assured of getting him later then just draft him. If they don't love a player then trade down for value.

And around and around we go. If they love a player and they can't be assured of getting him later then just draft him. If they don't love a player then trade down for value.
    its kinda hard to picture them loving anybody in this draft given the limited information they have on the players. They could have some guys that interest them more than others- but considering they havent even had these guys in for workouts or interviews-

Being dead set on any of the prospects would not be rooted in anything other speculation.

Unfortunately- that works against them in the trade market. Its also unlikely that anybody else will be deadset on a player. One player who might be an exception is Lamelo Ball. Not because lamelo is a guarantee to be a superstar- but drafting melo is guaranteed to get you national attention and a level of buzz that isnt there with the other top tier players. For some teams- that has a lot of value.

Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast