Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    A team taking Horfords contract should be paid to do it. Simmons is a problem since he doesn't have the shooting the Warriors like.

2 first round picks, 2 quality players, and Wiggins who could still be very good is essentially for part of Simmons (the other part being payment for taking Horford)
    I think most of the league views wiggins contract in the same catagory as Al Horfords.

Would you do paschall, Looney and the 2nd pick for Ben Simmons? (Horford and Wiggins almost cancel one another out)

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    I think most of the league views wiggins contract in the same catagory as Al Horfords.

Would you do paschall, Looney and the 2nd pick for Ben Simmons? (Horford and Wiggins almost cancel one another out)
    Paschall, Looney, 2nd pick and Wiggins would more or less get it done...Ben Simmons then would go to the Warriors and pair up with Steph, Klay and Draymond...there you go

I think most of the league's fans view Wiggins contract that way, I don't think most of the teams do.

I would do that deal I think, but it's not possible in the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Paschall, Looney, 2nd pick and Wiggins would more or less get it done...Ben Simmons then would go to the Warriors and pair up with Steph, Klay and Draymond...there you go
    Still too much.

Warriors are also over the cap anyway which means if they want to land a superstar to make up a Big 4 then how do you clear cap to make that happen? You can't

Warriors are also over the cap anyway which means if they want to land a superstar to make up a Big 4 then how do you clear cap to make that happen? You can't
    You have to fit them in an existing player slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think most of the league's fans view Wiggins contract that way, I don't think most of the teams do.

I would do that deal I think, but it's not possible in the cap.
    I think front offices see it that way too- Thats why twolves had to package the 2021 1st round pick with wiggins. Warriors probably could have gotten even more from them if they waited until the summer. Might have gotten this yrs pick, wiggins next yrs unprotected. (Twolves would be allowed to do that because they have the nets 1st round pick this year)

If the warriors come into camp next season with Both Andrew Wiggins and the player selected with the second overall pick on the roster- is it fair to assume the front office struck out in trade talks during this offseason?

Now you might think its fair to give them a pass if you can just accept there was nothing to be had, but do you believe the front office wants that to be how this plays out going into the offseason?

Warriors can't make any moves to fit in with salary because y'all way too over the cap

I think front offices see it that way too- Thats why twolves had to package the 2021 1st round pick with wiggins. Warriors probably could have gotten even more from them if they waited until the summer. Might have gotten this yrs pick, wiggins next yrs unprotected. (Twolves would be allowed to do that because they have the nets 1st round pick this year)
    I keep seeing people speculate that the Warriors could have got a lot more from the Wolves. I doubt it. Chances are that by summer DLo's value would have gone down not up.

Wiggins showed, in limited games, that he can play in a different way than he showed with the Wolves. That has changed his value to other front offices. Fans don't pay attention to those little things as much.

If the warriors come into camp next season with Both Andrew Wiggins and the player selected with the second overall pick on the roster- is it fair to assume the front office struck out in trade talks during this offseason?

Now you might think its fair to give them a pass if you can just accept there was nothing to be had, but do you believe the front office wants that to be how this plays out going into the offseason?
    Yes. If by "struck out" you mean they didn't find a trade that was a clear positive for the Warriors.

I think the front office wants the Warriors next year and for the next 10 years to be as good as is possible. They don't do that by losing trades.

The FO probably does have a "dream" scenario ... no idea what that is, but wouldn't be surprised if it included Giannis.

Warriors can't make any moves to fit in with salary because y'all way too over the cap
    They have players they can trade, a $17M tradeable player exception, and the taxpayer mid-level exception, as well as an unlimited number of vet minimum contracts. They have options.

Giannis joining the Warriors the league wouldn't be fair anymore

Oh no! What ever will we do?

He would be joining the worst team in the NBA. His team without him just just won a second round playoff game. Warriors without him couldnt even get into the post season. Heck- they couldnt even get into the bubble.

Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast