Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    It was through CBS actually
    It struck me when you wrote "the latest mock" that it makes it sound like THIS is THE mock, not just one of hundreds of people making mostly random guesses on how things might play out but probably won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Any players they take back they have to like better than whoever else they can get in to the TPE because those players in the trade have to fit into a salary cap slot and those are pretty limited on the Warriors.
    I know. Its not a great situation to be in. Warriors will need to get creative, or end up settling for a likely so so player with the second pick of the draft. Would you do Marcus Smart and the 14th for the 2nd pick? (im not sure boston does this though).

Ive also heard Kelly Ubre and the 10th pick for the 2nd pick.

Both of these trades would require the other team to really want someone at the 2 spot.

I would really prefer to try and do some sort of pick swap with the trade though...... because I'd like to have the option to trade both the twolves pick and our own next yr if an opportunity comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    I know. Its not a great situation to be in. Warriors will need to get creative, or end up settling for a likely so so player with the second pick of the draft. Would you do Marcus Smart and the 14th for the 2nd pick? (im not sure boston does this though).

Ive also heard Kelly Ubre and the 10th pick for the 2nd pick.

Both of these trades would require the other team to really want someone at the 2 spot.

I would really prefer to try and do some sort of pick swap with the trade though...... because I'd like to have the option to trade both the twolves pick and our own next yr if an opportunity comes up.
    I wasn't talking about the 2nd round picks ... they don't eat up cap space once you are over the cap.

I'd take Smart into the TPE, but I wouldn't pay much for him. The Celtics wanting to clear cap space would be their pay for it.

I don't want to trade down with the #2 pick for a player who doesn't make a significant contribution for at least a few years.

I want them to pick a future superstar ... I just have no idea who that might be in this draft.

Golden State needs Wiseman but if he is off the board and Minnesota takes him as the #1 pick...you know the Warriors then in that regard would most likely draft LaMelo Ball or Anthony Edwards but if you draft LaMelo...you don't need him especially if you have Steph playing the #1 and if you take Edwards you don't need him at the 2 especially if you have Klay playing the 2 position (SG)...so Wiseman either he's your guy or you draft another big man instead by going after Okongwu as a backup plan

Golden State needs Wiseman but if he is off the board and Minnesota takes him as the #1 pick...you know the Warriors then in that regard would most likely draft LaMelo Ball or Anthony Edwards but if you draft LaMelo...you don't need him especially if you have Steph playing the #1 and if you take Edwards you don't need him at the 2 especially if you have Klay playing the 2 position (SG)...so Wiseman either he's your guy or you draft another big man instead by going after Okongwu as a backup plan
    when you are drafting this high- you take the best player on the board regardless of what position you need. This already played out in the 1983 draft when portland took sam bowie ovver Michael jordan because they had a young clyde drexler. Portland would have been better off with Jordan and drexler than taking bowie..... you take the best guy on the board every single time.

I wasn't talking about the 2nd round picks ... they don't eat up cap space once you are over the cap.

I'd take Smart into the TPE, but I wouldn't pay much for him. The Celtics wanting to clear cap space would be their pay for it.

I don't want to trade down with the #2 pick for a player who doesn't make a significant contribution for at least a few years.

I want them to pick a future superstar ... I just have no idea who that might be in this draft.
    LOL thats sort of the problem.....they can not afford to mess up this pick

The Warriors need some more center help but it doesn't need to be Wiseman. If they like him enough to want to spend the #2 on him then that's fine, but I'm not sold on him.

I don't think they'll take Ball, not because of Steph but because the Warriors don't want players who dominate the ball and who are pick and roll players.

Edwards is a fine fit scheme and roster wise. The Warriors need another scoring guard, and Steph, Edwards, and Klay can easily all play together, and Edwards can run the 2nd unit in the same way Harden did in OKC.

Okongwu I like but I think the Warriors can get a player to do that job without spending the #2 pick on it. Looney and Chriss are close to it as it is.

I've been saying it for half a year now ... if the Warriors love a player up top then just take him, if they don't really love anyone, try for a trade down for a player they really like. I don't think a deal is out there that is worth the #2 and Wiggins unless it's for Giannis or AD and I REALLY doubt either of those happen. So this pick is a chance to evaluate the players right and take the best player in this draft unless Minny does that job. Don't get too cute, take the player with the best chance of having the best career.

Of the top 3 I think Edwards is most likely going to have the best career, but there are a TON of questions about all of them.

when you are drafting this high- you take the best player on the board regardless of what position you need. This already played out in the 1983 draft when portland took sam bowie ovver Michael jordan because they had a young clyde drexler. Portland would have been better off with Jordan and drexler than taking bowie..... you take the best guy on the board every single time.
    Agreed. Of course the issue is always how each team defines "best".

LOL thats sort of the problem.....they can not afford to mess up this pick
    They can afford to, they have a LOT of money and it's still just sports. I hope they nail it, but drafts are kind of crap shoots.

The Warriors need some more center help but it doesn't need to be Wiseman. If they like him enough to want to spend the #2 on him then that's fine, but I'm not sold on him.

I don't think they'll take Ball, not because of Steph but because the Warriors don't want players who dominate the ball and who are pick and roll players.

Edwards is a fine fit scheme and roster wise. The Warriors need another scoring guard, and Steph, Edwards, and Klay can easily all play together, and Edwards can run the 2nd unit in the same way Harden did in OKC.

Okongwu I like but I think the Warriors can get a player to do that job without spending the #2 pick on it. Looney and Chriss are close to it as it is.

I've been saying it for half a year now ... if the Warriors love a player up top then just take him, if they don't really love anyone, try for a trade down for a player they really like. I don't think a deal is out there that is worth the #2 and Wiggins unless it's for Giannis or AD and I REALLY doubt either of those happen. So this pick is a chance to evaluate the players right and take the best player in this draft unless Minny does that job. Don't get too cute, take the player with the best chance of having the best career.

Of the top 3 I think Edwards is most likely going to have the best career, but there are a TON of questions about all of them.
    Then who you taking? Who do you want?

Then who you taking? Who do you want?
    I don't really like any of the top 3 so I'd want a slight trade down and take Avdija or Haliburton or Vassell ... but I fully realize I don't have the data the team will have so I'm just waiting at this point.

Or a scenario on Draft Day

Golden State receives: Ben Simmons and Al Horford

Philadelphia receives: 2nd overall pick, Eric Paschall, Andrew Wiggins, Kevon Looney and 2021 1st round draft pick lottery protected

Philadelphia receives: 2nd overall pick, Eric Paschall, Andrew Wiggins, Kevon Looney and 2021 1st round draft pick lottery protected
    I think I pass. But it isnt horrible.

1) Is that possible- I think they are sending us back a lot more salary than we are giving. DOnt we count next yrs salary for Ben Simmons- and not this yr?

2) Im hesitant to pick up the remainder of Al Horfords contract AND give them next yrs pick..... although I realize taking al horfords contract off their hands is about the best thing about that trade for the 76ers.

WAY WAY WAY overpay. No thanks.

I think I pass. But it isnt horrible.

1) Is that possible- I think they are sending us back a lot more salary than we are giving. DOnt we count next yrs salary for Ben Simmons- and not this yr?

2) Im hesitant to pick up the remainder of Al Horfords contract AND give them next yrs pick..... although I realize taking al horfords contract off their hands is about the best thing about that trade for the 76ers.
    A team taking Horfords contract should be paid to do it. Simmons is a problem since he doesn't have the shooting the Warriors like.

2 first round picks, 2 quality players, and Wiggins who could still be very good is essentially for part of Simmons (the other part being payment for taking Horford)

Page 33 of 51 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast