Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 51 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Id be hoping that the hawks are one of the teams that over rate him.
    Unlikely with the wings they have but not impossible. They could think his passing could pair with Young’s shooting and work together.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Unlikely with the wings they have but not impossible. They could think his passing could pair with Young’s shooting and work together.
    They need defense more than passing I think

So is there any team with a top 10 pick who would have a strong desire to get that number 2 pick? Knicks would- but they literally have NOTHING that would even initiate a conversation.

Wizards? Pistons? Cavs?

If bulls offered Wendell Carter and the 4th for the 2nd pick would you do it?

I can see the Pistons trying to make a deal or the Bulls

So is there any team with a top 10 pick who would have a strong desire to get that number 2 pick? Knicks would- but they literally have NOTHING that would even initiate a conversation.

Wizards? Pistons? Cavs?

If bulls offered Wendell Carter and the 4th for the 2nd pick would you do it?
    That's the same question we've had for months. A trade down makes sense, will any team be willing to step up with a big offer for the pick?

I think some of it will come down to who the Wolves take at #1. If they take Wiseman or Ball the Warriors may well just take Edwards and be done. If they take Edwards then there are the Ball or Wiseman loving teams to look for for the trade because I don't think the Warriors want either.

My guess is the Warriors like Avdija, Okoro, and Haliburton, and I can see them taking one of them at #2 if they don't get a trade they like.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    That's the same question we've had for months. A trade down makes sense, will any team be willing to step up with a big offer for the pick?

I think some of it will come down to who the Wolves take at #1. If they take Wiseman or Ball the Warriors may well just take Edwards and be done. If they take Edwards then there are the Ball or Wiseman loving teams to look for for the trade because I don't think the Warriors want either.

My guess is the Warriors like Avdija, Okoro, and Haliburton, and I can see them taking one of them at #2 if they don't get a trade they like.
    That kinda scares me.... just a mismanagement of assets. A front office should be able to figure out a way to make a number 2 overall pick get as much value as possible

That kinda scares me.... just a mismanagement of assets. A front office should be able to figure out a way to make a number 2 overall pick get as much value as possible
    That may be the most value possible is my point.

That may be the most value possible is my point.
    there just has to be a player that certain teams are after in this draft.... I do tend to agree though- if by some miracle the t wolves pick somone other than edwards or trade the pick.... Theres a very good chance that the warriors keep ant man.

there just has to be a player that certain teams are after in this draft.... I do tend to agree though- if by some miracle the t wolves pick somone other than edwards or trade the pick.... Theres a very good chance that the warriors keep ant man.
    Saying "there just has to be" is not the way it works though. Let's say the Cavs offer us #5 and Tristan Thompson for #2? The Warriors, if we say Avdija is the person they want most of the players left when they are on the clock, then have to hope that the Hornets and Bulls don't take him, and in accepting Thompson the TPE is gone. I'm not sure that's a clear maximizing of their assets.

The knicks are commonly speculated as swapping with the Warriors ... but do you want any players on their roster? Does more picks in 2022 do much for this team? The player available at #8 is likely to be MUCH worse than a player at #2, and what the Warriors get in return for the drop is roster garbage that uses cap space or draft picks that are years out.

The Warriors have to be sold on the trade offered, that they "win" the trade. If they come out even or lose in the trade they are not maximizing their assets either.

Saying "there just has to be" is not the way it works though. Let's say the Cavs offer us #5 and Tristan Thompson for #2? The Warriors, if we say Avdija is the person they want most of the players left when they are on the clock, then have to hope that the Hornets and Bulls don't take him, and in accepting Thompson the TPE is gone. I'm not sure that's a clear maximizing of their assets.

The knicks are commonly speculated as swapping with the Warriors ... but do you want any players on their roster? Does more picks in 2022 do much for this team? The player available at #8 is likely to be MUCH worse than a player at #2, and what the Warriors get in return for the drop is roster garbage that uses cap space or draft picks that are years out.

The Warriors have to be sold on the trade offered, that they "win" the trade. If they come out even or lose in the trade they are not maximizing their assets either.
    Id consider RJ Barrett from the knicks.

But to trade down- warriors would have to have a few guys theyd be ok with and value the asset coming back as well. This would get complicated if there was one guy they were after like deni or Haliburton

But to trade down- warriors would have to have a few guys theyd be ok with and value the asset coming back as well. This would get complicated if there was one guy they were after like deni or Haliburton
    Unless Warriors stand pat and keep the pick

Looking at the latest mock it looks like this:

1- Anthony Edwards (Timberwolves) (SG)
    2- LaMelo Ball (Knicks trade up to get #2) (PG)
    3- James Wiseman (Hornets) (C)
    4- Tyrese Haliburton (Bulls) (PG)
    5- Obi Toppin (Cavaliers) (PF)
    6- Onyeka Okongwu (Hawks) (C)
    7- Killian Hayes (Pistons) (PG)
    8- Deni Avdija (Warriors trade to take #8) (SF)
    9- Isaac Okoro (Wizards) (SF)
    10- Cole Anthony (Suns) (PG)
    11- Devin Vassell (Spurs) (SF)
    12- Kira Lewis Jr (Kings) (PG)
    13- Aaron Nesmith (Pelicans) (SF)
    14- Saddiq Bey (Celtics) (SF)
    15- Tyrese Maxey (Magic) (SG)
    16- Precious Achiuwa (Blazers) (PF)
    17- Tre Jones (Timberwolves) (PG)
    18- Theo Maledon (Mavericks) (PG)
    19- RJ Hampton (Nets) (SG)
    20- Patrick Williams (Heat) (SF)

Any players they take back they have to like better than whoever else they can get in to the TPE because those players in the trade have to fit into a salary cap slot and those are pretty limited on the Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Looking at the latest mock it looks like this:

1- Anthony Edwards (Timberwolves) (SG)
    2- LaMelo Ball (Knicks trade up to get #2) (PG)
    3- James Wiseman (Hornets) (C)
    4- Tyrese Haliburton (Bulls) (PG)
    5- Obi Toppin (Cavaliers) (PF)
    6- Onyeka Okongwu (Hawks) (C)
    7- Killian Hayes (Pistons) (PG)
    8- Deni Avdija (Warriors trade to take #8) (SF)
    9- Isaac Okoro (Wizards) (SF)
    10- Cole Anthony (Suns) (PG)
    11- Devin Vassell (Spurs) (SF)
    12- Kira Lewis Jr (Kings) (PG)
    13- Aaron Nesmith (Pelicans) (SF)
    14- Saddiq Bey (Celtics) (SF)
    15- Tyrese Maxey (Magic) (SG)
    16- Precious Achiuwa (Blazers) (PF)
    17- Tre Jones (Timberwolves) (PG)
    18- Theo Maledon (Mavericks) (PG)
    19- RJ Hampton (Nets) (SG)
    20- Patrick Williams (Heat) (SF)