Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    I say grab Edward's and give him the keys to the second unit

Wiseman is the man to take

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Wiseman is the man to take
    based on?

he isnt playing organized ball right now in this important time during his development.....seems like a lot of legitimate question marks along side a lot of potentially unfounded hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallejo Raiders View Post
    I say grab Edward's and give him the keys to the second unit
    edwards looks like the closest thing to a solid pick there is, the problem is I dont believe he is a franchise player.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    based on?

he isnt playing organized ball right now in this important time during his development.....seems like a lot of legitimate question marks along side a lot of potentially unfounded hype.
    Not based on fit but more so based on need because the Warriors clearly need a big man and who would I rather have? Wiseman or Looney...Wiseman gives the Warriors size he's 7'1...can block shots but also has an NBA man body already plus for a big man he can rebound and he can shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallejo Raiders View Post
    No he stated that Lamelo was dominating which is laughable...
    17/7/8 with 2 steals is pretty damn good for a 18 year old playing against men who had a year off from high school. Domination is hyperbole since his percentages are shaky as you mentioned but from what Iíve seen and heard he was very good over there.

Not based on fit but more so based on need because the Warriors clearly need a big man and who would I rather have? Wiseman or Looney...Wiseman gives the Warriors size he's 7'1...can block shots but also has an NBA man body already plus for a big man he can rebound and he can shoot.
    I think it would be a mistake taking Wiseman. The Warriors should take the best player available regardless of position. And I think taking a wing that can play make and score will be the best bet for their long term success and short term gains.

I wanna see what the Warriors do after workouts, perhaps Wiseman will be dominant but like Stylez said thereís no data to indicate that at this time

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    I think it would be a mistake taking Wiseman. The Warriors should take the best player available regardless of position. And I think taking a wing that can play make and score will be the best bet for their long term success and short term gains.

I wanna see what the Warriors do after workouts, perhaps Wiseman will be dominant but like Stylez said thereís no data to indicate that at this time
    Kerr loves smart wings with all around games, so adding some more of that would work for that model. They seem to always be able to find a big that works for them.

I'm not going to be at the tryouts so I'm prepared to wait and see whatever the Warriors do.

But by adding Wiseman he not only gives the Warriors more of that defensive presence but he can also score in handfuls too...for a defensive stalwart he can actually score in bunches too especially if you watched him at Memphis

235 is a bit light for a guy 7 1. So strength could be a concern. Also- never use a lotto pick to draft for position. Thats how you end up taking guys like Ike Diague or patrick Obryant. Take the best player available even if its duplicating talent (IE dont take sam bowie over michael jordan because you have clyde drexler).

Im fine drafting for need or position if you are looking in the mid 20s for a guy..... but you simply can not screw up lotto picks if you are a quality organization. You gotta find a way to upgrade your roster with lotto picks every time..... and top 3 picks you should be looking to get cornerstone players.... not random rotation players.

235 is a bit light for a guy 7 1. So strength could be a concern. Also- never use a lotto pick to draft for position. Thats how you end up taking guys like Ike Diague or patrick Obryant. Take the best player available even if its duplicating talent (IE dont take sam bowie over michael jordan because you have clyde drexler).

Im fine drafting for need or position if you are looking in the mid 20s for a guy..... but you simply can not screw up lotto picks if you are a quality organization. You gotta find a way to upgrade your roster with lotto picks every time..... and top 3 picks you should be looking to get cornerstone players.... not random rotation players.
    And you think Wiseman is a rotation player? The man is 7'1 235 and the fact that he's a big man who plays like a big man but he also plays somewhat like a guard because Wiseman can shoot...he can slash and dash his way to the basket...he actually has upside and putting him in a lineup with Steph, Klay, Wiggins and Draymond would be pretty formidable...they would look like the GSW of old but also have that defensive presence too

And you think Wiseman is a rotation player? The man is 7'1 235 and the fact that he's a big man who plays like a big man but he also plays somewhat like a guard because Wiseman can shoot...he can slash and dash his way to the basket...he actually has upside and putting him in a lineup with Steph, Klay, Wiggins and Draymond would be pretty formidable...they would look like the GSW of old but also have that defensive presence too
    if there was any solid compelling evidence that he is half the prospect you envision him.... He would be the absolutely unquestioned number 1 pick in this draft, Yet I see mockdrafts with him as far down as the 6th or 7th pick. (Although he is usually a top 3). Considering the lack of anticipated superstar talent in this draft.... it shouldnt be tuff for a player that good to be seen as the top player.

Note-Its absolutely possible and probably even likely that some players could outperform their expectations and turn into better pros than their draft position would suggest.... but for the sake of productive conversation, we should stick to what we know about players now.

I don't worry about the 235. Anthony Davis weighed 209 when he declared for the draft, by the combine he was up to 220, and now he's listed at 255. In college they don't eat well or get the time to work on their bodies to get the muscle mass. I'd rather have a big a little on the light side than one that has just packed on the weight the wrong way in college.

I do agree with taking the BPA, I think it applies everywhere in the draft, not just high in the draft. That said, that player may be Wiseman.

I think a big part of the criticism of this draft is that there are so many players high up that have so much that is unknown. Combine and tryout season is going to be critical.

if there was any solid compelling evidence that he is half the prospect you envision him.... He would be the absolutely unquestioned number 1 pick in this draft, Yet I see mockdrafts with him as far down as the 6th or 7th pick. (Although he is usually a top 3). Considering the lack of anticipated superstar talent in this draft.... it shouldnt be tuff for a player that good to be seen as the top player.

Note-Its absolutely possible and probably even likely that some players could outperform their expectations and turn into better pros than their draft position would suggest.... but for the sake of productive conversation, we should stick to what we know about players now.
    Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I don't worry about the 235. Anthony Davis weighed 209 when he declared for the draft, by the combine he was up to 220, and now he's listed at 255. In college they don't eat well or get the time to work on their bodies to get the muscle mass. I'd rather have a big a little on the light side than one that has just packed on the weight the wrong way in college.

I do agree with taking the BPA, I think it applies everywhere in the draft, not just high in the draft. That said, that player may be Wiseman.

I think a big part of the criticism of this draft is that there are so many players high up that have so much that is unknown. Combine and tryout season is going to be critical.
    decent point- but that kinda makes it scary to have a top pick in this draft. There is a stronger than usual chance of absolute misses in the top 10 picks.

As far as the guy pushing mello ball- He might be the one player in the draft where his draft value is based almost 100% on Hype generated by his own marketing team LOL. the guy isnt competing with other draft prospects and there is no way to know if he is even physically ready to contribute to an NBA team.

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast