Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Any thoughts on what the Warriors do if they get the number 1 pick?
    Yes. If they love a player and they can't work a trade down and still get him then they will take him.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Yes. If they love a player and they can't work a trade down and still get him then they will take him.
    How likely is that scenario? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Which one?

That they get the #1 overall pick? They have the best odds of any team, shared with the 2 other teams with the worst record.

That they love a player? Certainly possible, I would guess the odds are 1:1 that the franchise has a favorite player they'd love to have on their team.

A trade down? Not too likely. But NBA draft trades happen every year.

A trade down and get the player they want? Less likely than finding a trade at all. But it does happen every year

Who knows man, too much missing info. But what he said is correct, whether it happens is a question.

Iím starting to think LaMelo Ball could be the pick at 1 or 2 if they donít trade back. If heís still available at 5 then heís the pick as well.

Iím starting to think LaMelo Ball could be the pick at 1 or 2 if they donít trade back. If heís still available at 5 then heís the pick as well.
    They might take him as part of a planned trade too.

what makes you think that?

what makes you think that?
    Based on what the Warriros need now and in the future. And also from what Iím hearing from insider opinion reports. No other player makes as much sense as Ball.

If they want to trade the most marketable name, heís it.

If they think they can use a another legit ball handler to fill in a la Shaun Livingston, I think Ball can produce at that level. Perhaps not that kind of playoff pedigree yet, but give him some serious time with our guys, he could produce next year no problem in a ball handling capacity. (Itís not like Livingston was some playoff savant prior to coming to the Warriors)!

IF he can develop a consistent jump shot, and manages to improve his decision making, I think he has the talent to evolve into our PG of the future. No one in this draft has that type of potential. Lonzo was able to improve, and Lamelo is better and more athletic than Lonzo. His jumper isnít as broken as Lonzos either, and from what Iíve read he takes basketball very seriously.

So Ball gives the Warriros someone who can produce in a limited ball handling role right now, and he has the highest ceiling for taking over the PG role after Steph.

They can also package him along with our Wolves pick next year for a young Star as well. More options with him.

I do want to see Edwards and I really hope the Warriros have done their due diligence on him because the same could be said for his role with Thomson, though I donít think the upside is there like Ball

If we pick 5th and Ballís gone then they need to take a serious look at Kelian Hayes and Haliburton. I think Hayes will have the better NBA career but again this must be done with extreme caution and I hope the Warriros are studying the tapes and getting interviews by any means necessary

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastSportz View Post
    Anthony Edwards
    I think he's the best player in this draft, but where does he fit in? He's a two guard and moving Thompson to the 3 wouldn't be a good idea because he's just not a good rebounder. That would also move a $27M a year player in Wiggins to the bench. They could play Edwards off the bench. If they do that, then Edwards may not last past his rookie contract since he'll seek stardom on another team as a starter.

James Wiseman
    He's the best fit, but he's by far a polished product. He's not a guy that would be the opening day starter at the 5. Chriss has played well in a limited sample size, but he's still only 23 years old and he should continue to improve. Big men notoriously take longer to develop and I'm not sure the Warriors have the luxury of waiting 2-3 years for player. Their championship window relies on Curry and Thompson. I'm not sure Curry will be the same player at 36.

Obi Toppin
    I compare him to Tobias Harris. A nice player, but I don't see how he could help this team if they have Green and Paschall at the 4. I loved what I saw out of Paschall, so a 4 is not a need.

Lamelo Ball
    Was never a fan of him, but he has seemed to mature mentally and physically. He could be the second coming of Penny Hardaway but thats a big if. He has great vision and poor shot selection. Could be worth a gamble, but I'm not sure how he would fit in with this team though.

All signs point to that they should be looking to trade this pick for an established player or at least move down if they do get a top 3 pick.
    Edwards would have to earn a starting position over Wiggins. And that would take time. No way he comes in and immediately starts lol

Ball is like all the rest of the top prospects. Some flashes that make them interesting but no total package.

Ball is a great passer, but that is literally his only elite skill. He's skinny, he's not an elite athlete, he makes poor shot choices, but worse than that he shoots a poor percentage at the line which is a major indicator of what he can become as a shooter, and right now it's not good. He's a terrible defender who is not only lazy on defense he doesn't show that he understands the scheme, is late to rotate and ball watches. And he's a player who wants the ball in his hands. But he is very young and he's a great passer.

Every player at the top has major questions, Ball has more than most. But he is a great passer.

I think he shows a pretty good capability at the rim. And 73% isnít poor but itís not good. Youíre right though on your assessment, this draft has a ton if question marks but I think Ball could be the highest reward in a draft like this since its extremely likely we get another draft pick next year. If you think Ball has too many questions then maybe take Hayes or Halliburton and then look to draft high ceiling next year.

But Iíd roll the dice on Ball if heís there.

Who are you most sold on right now scoots?

I think he shows a pretty good capability at the rim. And 73% isnít poor but itís not good. Youíre right though on your assessment, this draft has a ton if question marks but I think Ball could be the highest reward in a draft like this since its extremely likely we get another draft pick next year. If you think Ball has too many questions then maybe take Hayes or Halliburton and then look to draft high ceiling next year.

But Iíd roll the dice on Ball if heís there.

Who are you most sold on right now scoots?
    It's tough. Ideally the Warriors get the #1 pick and trade down. There are several players I think would make good Warriors but none seem worth the #1 pick.

I like Avdija, Haliburton, Wiseman, Okongwu, Okoro, Hampton, Vassell, Green, McDaniels for the Warriors. If they could trade down and get Avdija/Haliburton/Wiseman and Hampton/Vassell/Green/McDaniels I'd be totally thrilled with this draft.

Someone was speculating on trading for Aaron Gordon and the Magic's pick which would be Gordon and Hampton/Vassell/Green/McDaniels which would also be a great deal. To make that happen they'd have to pick up a player with the Iguodala exception to trade with the pick to the Magic.

I read that the draft might not take place until September and free agency in October. The earliest the season would start would be early December.

It would really suck if the NBA both didnt finish this season AND started next season late.

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast