Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 315
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,259
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    not faking- but taking extra time off in order to secure a pick. Also..... draymond and russell fakes every one of their injuries- and its pretty obvious. Again- I reference OKC who lost their only 2 all stars last summer and they are still in the playoff picture.

    warriors still have 2 all stars, a defensive player of the year, a championship coaching staff and a winning organization- that should at very least be able to do what OKC is doing this season. But the warriors really really really wanted this draft pick for some unknown reason.
    Because they had traded this pick away with protection, and because this year was setup for them to not win a title, then it got worse.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Yeah they honestly should have tanked for next year because by doing it next year you can almost guarantee yourselves a star especially in the free agency market for 2021 which is loaded but then again y'all decided to tank this year
    Jeez, don't make him worse.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,259
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    I didnt say next year.... i dont think they NEED to tank any year. But if they are going to tank (and your going to say- well the spurs tanked too)- do it ina year where there is more of a sure thing in the draft (IE- tim duncan)
    They didn't pick this year, it picked them.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    They didn't pick this year, it picked them.
    warriors had the available players to be competitive if steve kerr coached seriously and draymond and russell played every game they could play in

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    1,020
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    not faking- but taking extra time off in order to secure a pick. Also..... draymond and russell fakes every one of their injuries- and its pretty obvious. Again- I reference OKC who lost their only 2 all stars last summer and they are still in the playoff picture.

    warriors still have 2 all stars, a defensive player of the year, a championship coaching staff and a winning organization- that should at very least be able to do what OKC is doing this season. But the warriors really really really wanted this draft pick for some unknown reason.
    Without Curry and Klay did you expect a ring?

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Vallejo Raiders View Post
    Without Curry and Klay did you expect a ring?
    He doesn't believe they were injured.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Vallejo Raiders View Post
    Without Curry and Klay did you expect a ring?
    probably not....and I dont think i said anything of that sort. I do think with 2 all stars, role players like alex burke gr3 playing the best basketball of their careers and a rookie stud like eric pascall- the warriors could have been a 6th-7th seed. And I do think curry and klay could be back sooner.

    IS your suggestion that every time the warriors arent a heavy favorite to win it all- just sit everyone and go for last place? You do realize the last 4 or 5 yrs are not the norm. Usually best case scenerio is that you have a reasonable chance along with 3-5 other teams to win it all.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Should the Warriors draft Iguodala? Isaac Okoro is as close as I've seen in a long time.
    Scoots- do you still believe that the guy the warriors draft will be hands down better than Karl Anthony Townes?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,259
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Scoots- do you still believe that the guy the warriors draft will be hands down better than Karl Anthony Townes?
    I don't think I ever said anything remotely like that. I do believe they should not have traded all their assets in an effort to get KAT.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    20,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I don't think I ever said anything remotely like that. I do believe they should not have traded all their assets in an effort to get KAT.
    do I really have to go back and find it.....

    You were very very very against trading out of this draft.... even though there doesnt appear to be anything close to a sure thing (And Scoots, please dont point out that there is no such thing as a sure thing- because you know thats not what i mean by that)

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,259
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    probably not....and I dont think i said anything of that sort. I do think with 2 all stars, role players like alex burke gr3 playing the best basketball of their careers and a rookie stud like eric pascall- the warriors could have been a 6th-7th seed. And I do think curry and klay could be back sooner.

    IS your suggestion that every time the warriors arent a heavy favorite to win it all- just sit everyone and go for last place? You do realize the last 4 or 5 yrs are not the norm. Usually best case scenerio is that you have a reasonable chance along with 3-5 other teams to win it all.
    It's not that simple. In this case they had a one year chance to keep their 1st round pick, and they had already turned over almost all of the roster and they came into the year planning to develop the young guys and see what assets they could get in return for the 1 year vets. Once Curry got hurt they just shifted the goal from just developing the young guys to full on tanking to maximize the pick too.

    The Warriors literally started this year with 2 players from last year on the roster and playing, then the best one got hurt. It made sense to almost everyone for them to maximize their draft pick this year when that happened.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    31,259
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    do I really have to go back and find it.....

    You were very very very against trading out of this draft.... even though there doesnt appear to be anything close to a sure thing (And Scoots, please dont point out that there is no such thing as a sure thing- because you know thats not what i mean by that)
    Yes.

    I was, and am, against trading out of the draft this year and in the future along with Russell for KAT, and in general I think drafts are a better way to develop a team than free agency. And I have absolutely no idea what you think on a moment to moment basis, you don't appear to use any kind of reasonable thought process in most of what you say, so when you say "sure thing" I have to assume that's what you mean, particularly when you follow that up by mentioning repeatedly Tim Duncan and LeBron James. So maybe you should just stop saying "sure thing"?

    You want every game to be approached as equally critical to every other game. That sort of behavior leads to losing in the long term. The Warriors are trying to build for now and the future ... this year has become more about the future than now.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    11,150
    Whoís to say the Wolves trade KAT for Russel and the pick? I donít think they do actually

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,689
    Warriors don't even need their draft pick especially if they are probably just going to use it to trade for another All Star...the Warriors are not trying to build for the future but they are trying to win now

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    11,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Warriors don't even need their draft pick especially if they are probably just going to use it to trade for another All Star...the Warriors are not trying to build for the future but they are trying to win now
    You say that with such conviction and insider knowledge.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •