Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Is "the kid from europe" Avdija?
    Hahah yea just didnít want to brother trying to spell it

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Hahah yea just didnít want to brother trying to spell it
    I like him a lot ... but nobody in the draft is clearly special.

I like him a lot ... but nobody in the draft is clearly special.
    Clearly... no. I think Wiseman may have the most upside just cause his size makes him rare but agreed. Itís gonna be a roll of the dice. Letís hope the scouting department is on point this year cause this and next year will be huge drafts for us. We need the injection of young cheap talent to ride out the last few high capped years of Steph, Klay and Dray. Could add Wiggins too but he will get paid a second time just not as much.

Itís more like dissociative identity disorder. Thereís the OG Stylez in there and he comes out to play every once in awhile but the troll seems to have taken a larger piece of puzzle.

Welcome back mibs.

I think the pick is Edwards or trading back and getting another lottery pick out of it.

Clearly... no. I think Wiseman may have the most upside just cause his size makes him rare but agreed. Itís gonna be a roll of the dice. Letís hope the scouting department is on point this year cause this and next year will be huge drafts for us. We need the injection of young cheap talent to ride out the last few high capped years of Steph, Klay and Dray. Could add Wiggins too but he will get paid a second time just not as much.
    Avdija has maybe the best all around game in that group and has shown commitment and fast growth so he's maybe the best bet. One reason I want the Warriors to get the top pick, trade down and get Avdija is that he already knows how to play in the Warriors system because it's very similar to how Maccabi Tel Aviv plays the game. He's a decent shooter, decent team defender, thinks the game well above his age ... the problem is he's not special at anything.

Edwards and Toppin are skilled but maybe lazy players who may never change and achieve their potential.

Wiseman may be an immature quitter.

Ball may be immature, but is certainly a bad shooter and a bad defender who was brought up to be the center of a team.

Okongwu may be the best player for the Warriors because he's got skill and athleticism, but he plays big while not being big enough to bang at center and not quick enough to guard the quicker wings.

Okoro is an undersized defensive stud wing. IF he can develop a reliable 3 pt shot he could be better than Iguodala.

All that leads me to the same conclusion I've had for this entire year ... ideally they trade down and get Avdija and Okoro. That would be awesome.

Haliburton, Bey, Vassell, and several other players are also interesting later picks. This draft is missing a clear #1 but there are a whole lot of good looking players between 10-40.

@Scoots... the issue is it takes two to tango. We have to find a trade partner. With such little information on theses guys I think less people will want to trade up and even less will be likely to give up a lot of assets to do so.

@Scoots... the issue is it takes two to tango. We have to find a trade partner. With such little information on theses guys I think less people will want to trade up and even less will be likely to give up a lot of assets to do so.
    Yeah, but someone is going to fall in love with one of these prospects. The question is how cheap a deal will be offered. But if, for instance, the Warriors have Avdija at the top of their list ... I could see them able to trade down to 5 for #1 and get a future 1st out of the deal which would be lower value than usually for the 1st overall, but it's still better than taking Avdija #1 overall.

Yeah, but someone is going to fall in love with one of these prospects. The question is how cheap a deal will be offered. But if, for instance, the Warriors have Avdija at the top of their list ... I could see them able to trade down to 5 for #1 and get a future 1st out of the deal which would be lower value than usually for the 1st overall, but it's still better than taking Avdija #1 overall.
    I hear you but I just donít think anyone will make that offer. Especially the teams in the top 5. There also isnít a clear cut guy and wed run the risk that we still miss out on our guy.

I hear you but I just donít think anyone will make that offer. Especially the teams in the top 5. There also isnít a clear cut guy and wed run the risk that we still miss out on our guy.
    Yeah- I was thinking the same thing. what if we agree to trade the number 1 or number 2 pick to the team with the 5th. We do that trade assuming that Ajida will be there. Then he gets taken with the 4th pick and we gave up our next best option in anthony edwards with the 1 pick. I suppose- we came out with a draft pick for next yr and a crap shot in this draft with whoever we get.

Wouldnt it be possible to still do pre draft workouts? I mean just have the agencies have their clients be tested regularly and have team coaches and front office tested regularly- and they should be able to identify any cases fairly quickly. For guys int hat situation, it shouldnt be that hard. I have been tested 3 times in the last 4 weeks- and i dont have the pull these guys have. I havent heard them talking about contact tracing all that much over the last month or so in terms of the virus. maybe too many privacy issues to really have a working process.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Yeah- I was thinking the same thing. what if we agree to trade the number 1 or number 2 pick to the team with the 5th. We do that trade assuming that Ajida will be there. Then he gets taken with the 4th pick and we gave up our next best option in anthony edwards with the 1 pick. I suppose- we came out with a draft pick for next yr and a crap shot in this draft with whoever we get.

Wouldnt it be possible to still do pre draft workouts? I mean just have the agencies have their clients be tested regularly and have team coaches and front office tested regularly- and they should be able to identify any cases fairly quickly. For guys int hat situation, it shouldnt be that hard. I have been tested 3 times in the last 4 weeks- and i dont have the pull these guys have. I havent heard them talking about contact tracing all that much over the last month or so in terms of the virus. maybe too many privacy issues to really have a working process.
    Such trades don't usually happen until the player is known to be there, and only when the team picking first is willing to settle for the player they take if the player they wanted was gone when the other pick comes up.

Such trades don't usually happen until the player is known to be there, and only when the team picking first is willing to settle for the player they take if the player they wanted was gone when the other pick comes up.
    Yeah- that seems like it could be a deal breaker.

Seems like it isnt a trade the team with the top pick would be seeking out. Warriors would have to go to the draft and hope they get that offer after they pick the BPA with their own pick.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post

Iím sure theyíll do workouts but itís not the same as game tape.

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast