Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 383
  1. #361
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    15,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Is "the kid from europe" Avdija?
    Hahah yea just didnít want to brother trying to spell it

  2. #362
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    33,462
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Hahah yea just didnít want to brother trying to spell it
    I like him a lot ... but nobody in the draft is clearly special.

  3. #363
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    15,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I like him a lot ... but nobody in the draft is clearly special.
    Clearly... no. I think Wiseman may have the most upside just cause his size makes him rare but agreed. Itís gonna be a roll of the dice. Letís hope the scouting department is on point this year cause this and next year will be huge drafts for us. We need the injection of young cheap talent to ride out the last few high capped years of Steph, Klay and Dray. Could add Wiggins too but he will get paid a second time just not as much.

  4. #364
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    11,176
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Itís more like dissociative identity disorder. Thereís the OG Stylez in there and he comes out to play every once in awhile but the troll seems to have taken a larger piece of puzzle.

  5. #365
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    11,176
    Welcome back mibs.

  6. #366
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California, US
    Posts
    11,176
    I think the pick is Edwards or trading back and getting another lottery pick out of it.

  7. #367
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    33,462
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Clearly... no. I think Wiseman may have the most upside just cause his size makes him rare but agreed. Itís gonna be a roll of the dice. Letís hope the scouting department is on point this year cause this and next year will be huge drafts for us. We need the injection of young cheap talent to ride out the last few high capped years of Steph, Klay and Dray. Could add Wiggins too but he will get paid a second time just not as much.
    Avdija has maybe the best all around game in that group and has shown commitment and fast growth so he's maybe the best bet. One reason I want the Warriors to get the top pick, trade down and get Avdija is that he already knows how to play in the Warriors system because it's very similar to how Maccabi Tel Aviv plays the game. He's a decent shooter, decent team defender, thinks the game well above his age ... the problem is he's not special at anything.

    Edwards and Toppin are skilled but maybe lazy players who may never change and achieve their potential.

    Wiseman may be an immature quitter.

    Ball may be immature, but is certainly a bad shooter and a bad defender who was brought up to be the center of a team.

    Okongwu may be the best player for the Warriors because he's got skill and athleticism, but he plays big while not being big enough to bang at center and not quick enough to guard the quicker wings.

    Okoro is an undersized defensive stud wing. IF he can develop a reliable 3 pt shot he could be better than Iguodala.

    All that leads me to the same conclusion I've had for this entire year ... ideally they trade down and get Avdija and Okoro. That would be awesome.

  8. #368
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    33,462
    Haliburton, Bey, Vassell, and several other players are also interesting later picks. This draft is missing a clear #1 but there are a whole lot of good looking players between 10-40.

  9. #369
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    15,668
    @Scoots... the issue is it takes two to tango. We have to find a trade partner. With such little information on theses guys I think less people will want to trade up and even less will be likely to give up a lot of assets to do so.

  10. #370
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    33,462
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    @Scoots... the issue is it takes two to tango. We have to find a trade partner. With such little information on theses guys I think less people will want to trade up and even less will be likely to give up a lot of assets to do so.
    Yeah, but someone is going to fall in love with one of these prospects. The question is how cheap a deal will be offered. But if, for instance, the Warriors have Avdija at the top of their list ... I could see them able to trade down to 5 for #1 and get a future 1st out of the deal which would be lower value than usually for the 1st overall, but it's still better than taking Avdija #1 overall.

  11. #371
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    15,668
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Yeah, but someone is going to fall in love with one of these prospects. The question is how cheap a deal will be offered. But if, for instance, the Warriors have Avdija at the top of their list ... I could see them able to trade down to 5 for #1 and get a future 1st out of the deal which would be lower value than usually for the 1st overall, but it's still better than taking Avdija #1 overall.
    I hear you but I just donít think anyone will make that offer. Especially the teams in the top 5. There also isnít a clear cut guy and wed run the risk that we still miss out on our guy.

  12. #372
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,243
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    I hear you but I just donít think anyone will make that offer. Especially the teams in the top 5. There also isnít a clear cut guy and wed run the risk that we still miss out on our guy.
    Yeah- I was thinking the same thing. what if we agree to trade the number 1 or number 2 pick to the team with the 5th. We do that trade assuming that Ajida will be there. Then he gets taken with the 4th pick and we gave up our next best option in anthony edwards with the 1 pick. I suppose- we came out with a draft pick for next yr and a crap shot in this draft with whoever we get.

    Wouldnt it be possible to still do pre draft workouts? I mean just have the agencies have their clients be tested regularly and have team coaches and front office tested regularly- and they should be able to identify any cases fairly quickly. For guys int hat situation, it shouldnt be that hard. I have been tested 3 times in the last 4 weeks- and i dont have the pull these guys have. I havent heard them talking about contact tracing all that much over the last month or so in terms of the virus. maybe too many privacy issues to really have a working process.

  13. #373
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    33,462
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Yeah- I was thinking the same thing. what if we agree to trade the number 1 or number 2 pick to the team with the 5th. We do that trade assuming that Ajida will be there. Then he gets taken with the 4th pick and we gave up our next best option in anthony edwards with the 1 pick. I suppose- we came out with a draft pick for next yr and a crap shot in this draft with whoever we get.

    Wouldnt it be possible to still do pre draft workouts? I mean just have the agencies have their clients be tested regularly and have team coaches and front office tested regularly- and they should be able to identify any cases fairly quickly. For guys int hat situation, it shouldnt be that hard. I have been tested 3 times in the last 4 weeks- and i dont have the pull these guys have. I havent heard them talking about contact tracing all that much over the last month or so in terms of the virus. maybe too many privacy issues to really have a working process.
    Such trades don't usually happen until the player is known to be there, and only when the team picking first is willing to settle for the player they take if the player they wanted was gone when the other pick comes up.

  14. #374
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Such trades don't usually happen until the player is known to be there, and only when the team picking first is willing to settle for the player they take if the player they wanted was gone when the other pick comes up.
    Yeah- that seems like it could be a deal breaker.

    Seems like it isnt a trade the team with the top pick would be seeking out. Warriors would have to go to the draft and hope they get that offer after they pick the BPA with their own pick.

  15. #375
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    The Bay
    Posts
    15,668
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Yeah- I was thinking the same thing. what if we agree to trade the number 1 or number 2 pick to the team with the 5th. We do that trade assuming that Ajida will be there. Then he gets taken with the 4th pick and we gave up our next best option in anthony edwards with the 1 pick. I suppose- we came out with a draft pick for next yr and a crap shot in this draft with whoever we get.

    Wouldnt it be possible to still do pre draft workouts? I mean just have the agencies have their clients be tested regularly and have team coaches and front office tested regularly- and they should be able to identify any cases fairly quickly. For guys int hat situation, it shouldnt be that hard. I have been tested 3 times in the last 4 weeks- and i dont have the pull these guys have. I havent heard them talking about contact tracing all that much over the last month or so in terms of the virus. maybe too many privacy issues to really have a working process.
    Iím sure theyíll do workouts but itís not the same as game tape.

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1523242526 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •