Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 49 of 62 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    But then again you have to think who would fit in with this Warriors team personality wise and hunger wise
    From what I've read then the choice is between Avdija and Okoro. Haliburton would fit but Kerr said he doesn't like 3 guard lineups.

If you draft Avdija then he can easily fit in at your 4 spot (PF) and Draymond can play the 5 and it isn't like Draymond hasn't played center before.

But then again Golden State needs a 5...they need a center and I mean that badly in the worst way. However, you can easily get a 5 (C) via free agency or via the Draft. But then again GSW aren't going after position of need but rather BPA which of course is a good thing but not always though.

If you draft Avdija then he can easily fit in at your 4 spot (PF) and Draymond can play the 5 and it isn't like Draymond hasn't played center before.

But then again Golden State needs a 5...they need a center and I mean that badly in the worst way. However, you can easily get a 5 (C) via free agency or via the Draft. But then again GSW aren't going after position of need but rather BPA which of course is a good thing but not always though.
    I'm not certain the Warriors NEED a 5. I think they are generally okay with Looney and Chriss at 5. I do agree that FA has several 5 options that would be able to get some minutes too. Baynes, Noel, Hernangomez, Howard, Gasol, Thompson, Biyombo, Plumlee, Leonard are all going to be out there and all should be possible with the MLE or vet min.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I'm not certain the Warriors NEED a 5. I think they are generally okay with Looney and Chriss at 5. I do agree that FA has several 5 options that would be able to get some minutes too. Baynes, Noel, Hernangomez, Howard, Gasol, Thompson, Biyombo, Plumlee, Leonard are all going to be out there and all should be possible with the MLE or vet min.
    Out of those guys I would go with Dwight Howard or Tristan Thompson

Out of those guys I would go with Dwight Howard or Tristan Thompson
    I think I'd prefer Noel and Hernangomez. Guys who have shown flashes, know how to play, but are still young.

I think I'd prefer Noel and Hernangomez. Guys who have shown flashes, know how to play, but are still young.
    I wouldnt mind Noel at all on a vets minimum. I wouldnt be down with him getting the mle though.

was listening to 95 7 the game and I heard an interesting question. Well 2 sort of.

1) Is it fair to expect the player the warriors draft at no. 2 (assuming it isnt traded) to be as good as wiggins? or better than wiggins? Or is wiggins to high of a floor?

2) If the player is comparable/ similar to a Wiggins level player, should warriors fans be OK with that? (obviously it would depend on how other players in the top 4 or 5 turned out.... but ignore that for this question)

* Also worth noting, when I say comparable to wiggins- I dont mean the same skill set, same strengths, weaknesses etc. I was thinking more along the lines of how good he is percieved around the league. Dont factor in his contract or what expectations people had for him coming into the league.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    was listening to 95 7 the game and I heard an interesting question. Well 2 sort of.

1) Is it fair to expect the player the warriors draft at no. 2 (assuming it isnt traded) to be as good as wiggins? or better than wiggins? Or is wiggins to high of a floor?

2) If the player is comparable/ similar to a Wiggins level player, should warriors fans be OK with that? (obviously it would depend on how other players in the top 4 or 5 turned out.... but ignore that for this question)

* Also worth noting, when I say comparable to wiggins- I dont mean the same skill set, same strengths, weaknesses etc. I was thinking more along the lines of how good he is percieved around the league. Dont factor in his contract or what expectations people had for him coming into the league.
    No matter what some fans will be angry. Fans complained about Curry. Fans complained about Klay. Fans complained about Green.

It would be great if the players floor is Wiggins in year 1.

No matter what some fans will be angry. Fans complained about Curry. Fans complained about Klay. Fans complained about Green.

It would be great if the players floor is Wiggins in year 1.
    But where would you think is a fair level to give the player as their floor. Or if they arent THIS good- it would clearly be disappointing? When you say wiggins. Do you mean wiggins right now? I was thinking wiggins career being similar to the number 2 picks career.

Wiggins as a rookie was 17 pts, 4.6 boards, 44% from the floor, 76% from the line played and started in all 82 games.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    But where would you think is a fair level to give the player as their floor. Or if they arent THIS good- it would clearly be disappointing? When you say wiggins. Do you mean wiggins right now? I was thinking wiggins career being similar to the number 2 picks career.

Wiggins as a rookie was 17 pts, 4.6 boards, 44% from the floor, 76% from the line played and started in all 82 games.
    You want to talk now about how the player's career will turn out?

Okay. A #2 pick should have a reasonable chance of making an all-star team several years of their career.

You want to talk now about how the player's career will turn out?

Okay. A #2 pick should have a reasonable chance of making an all-star team several years of their career.
    Okay but has Wiggins done that yet even once in his career thus far? He hasn't but Wiggins at best he just average but best thing the Warriors can do is get him the hell up outta there

Okay but has Wiggins done that yet even once in his career thus far? He hasn't but Wiggins at best he just average but best thing the Warriors can do is get him the hell up outta there

So I think you may have gotten lost in the conversation about wiggins. It sounds like scoots floor level of acceptability for the guy selected with the number 2 pick is a player better than wiggins. If the guy is equal to wiggins next yr..... he will not be meeting expectations? (Or is the guy is equal to wiggins rookie season). LOL- If wiggins has an uncharacteristically bad year or gets injured- then comparing the rookie next yr to wiggins next yr might not mean anything.

Yeah my point being y'all need to get rid of Wiggins cuz he do nothin for this team...he's a scrub like look at him in Minnesota...look at what he had to work with and still could do nothin

I wasn't talking about Wiggins. But he is well above average. The only real issue with Wiggins is the amount he's paid is too much for his performance. But he's a good NBA player. Not all-star good yet, but good all the same.

Yeah my point being y'all need to get rid of Wiggins cuz he do nothin for this team...he's a scrub like look at him in Minnesota...look at what he had to work with and still could do nothin
    How do you define "scrub" and "nothin"?

Wiggins per36 last year were 22.8pts, 3.8ast, 5.3reb, 1blk, 1stl while shooting 51% from 2 and 71% from the line, and the defensive stats went up significantly in his games with the Warriors. And while it's hardly ideal a 3pt % of 33% is the Mendoza line so it's not actually BAD, it's just not what is wanted. Lou Williams has been in the NBA for 15 years AS A SHOOTER and has been above 36% just once in his career.

The only real issue with Wiggins is inconsistency of effort and he has occasionally played passive and disappeared for periods. But that doesn't make him a "scrub".

Seriously, find a player on a 2nd contract making less than $15M a year that is as productive.

Page 49 of 62 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast