Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    Whoís to say the Wolves trade KAT for Russel and the pick? I donít think they do actually
    I don't think they do that trade, but I also didn't want to get KAT for all the teams assets.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Warriors don't even need their draft pick especially if they are probably just going to use it to trade for another All Star...the Warriors are not trying to build for the future but they are trying to win now
    They traded away their best players for future picks, are resting players for any excuse and are extending their rehab and you think they are trying to win now. Right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Warriors don't even need their draft pick especially if they are probably just going to use it to trade for another All Star...the Warriors are not trying to build for the future but they are trying to win now

Wait- have you looked at the teams record? LOL or by now- do you mean at some point in the future?

I saw a quote from Joe lacob yesterday saying the warriors would not tank...... its got to take some mental gymnastics to define what they are doing this year as anything other than tanking. LOL Steve Kerr basically has said they are tanking in atleast 3 or 4 interviews that I have seen. Makes you wonder if Joe Lacob has a clue what is happening in his own organization.

Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    Wait- have you looked at the teams record? LOL or by now- do you mean at some point in the future?

I saw a quote from Joe lacob yesterday saying the warriors would not tank...... its got to take some mental gymnastics to define what they are doing this year as anything other than tanking. LOL Steve Kerr basically has said they are tanking in atleast 3 or 4 interviews that I have seen. Makes you wonder if Joe Lacob has a clue what is happening in his own organization.
    The NBA doesn't allow teams to say they are tanking. They get really upset when they do and that usually comes with huge fines. Of course Lacob wouldn't say it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    The NBA doesn't allow teams to say they are tanking. They get really upset when they do and that usually comes with huge fines. Of course Lacob wouldn't say it.
    well i wouldnt expect him to say they were tanking- but he made the comment i referenced without anybody prompting him in the direction of tanking. In other words- its one thing for an owner not to go out and say his team is tanking.... its another thing to go out and emphatically reject the notion that they are tanking.... when its this blatantly obvious to everyone except coolbeans

well i wouldnt expect him to say they were tanking- but he made the comment i referenced without anybody prompting him in the direction of tanking. In other words- its one thing for an owner not to go out and say his team is tanking.... its another thing to go out and emphatically reject the notion that they are tanking.... when its this blatantly obvious to everyone except coolbeans
    How do you know it wasn't prompted?

How do you know it wasn't prompted?
    I think he was asked if he felt like the warriors could still contend going forward when klay and steph came back after questions on whether it was smart to bring steph and/or klay back. He may have been saying the warriors would not tank and steph and/or klay would come back when ready? but that is just me trying to give the benefit of the doubt.... he really really emphasized that the warriors would not tank though. (maybe it was to make sure hisactual answer to the question wasnt taken out of context in anyway)

probably not....and I dont think i said anything of that sort. I do think with 2 all stars, role players like alex burke gr3 playing the best basketball of their careers and a rookie stud like eric pascall- the warriors could have been a 6th-7th seed. And I do think curry and klay could be back sooner.

IS your suggestion that every time the warriors arent a heavy favorite to win it all- just sit everyone and go for last place? You do realize the last 4 or 5 yrs are not the norm. Usually best case scenerio is that you have a reasonable chance along with 3-5 other teams to win it all.
    Look where it got Philly.

probably not....and I dont think i said anything of that sort. I do think with 2 all stars, role players like alex burke gr3 playing the best basketball of their careers and a rookie stud like eric pascall- the warriors could have been a 6th-7th seed. And I do think curry and klay could be back sooner.

IS your suggestion that every time the warriors arent a heavy favorite to win it all- just sit everyone and go for last place? You do realize the last 4 or 5 yrs are not the norm. Usually best case scenerio is that you have a reasonable chance along with 3-5 other teams to win it all.
    The playing time they were exposed to this year allowed them to develop.....

do I really have to go back and find it.....

You were very very very against trading out of this draft.... even though there doesnt appear to be anything close to a sure thing (And Scoots, please dont point out that there is no such thing as a sure thing- because you know thats not what i mean by that)
    I'd trade out of this draft immediately. The next two drafts are loaded with star potential....

Yes.

I was, and am, against trading out of the draft this year and in the future along with Russell for KAT, and in general I think drafts are a better way to develop a team than free agency. And I have absolutely no idea what you think on a moment to moment basis, you don't appear to use any kind of reasonable thought process in most of what you say, so when you say "sure thing" I have to assume that's what you mean, particularly when you follow that up by mentioning repeatedly Tim Duncan and LeBron James. So maybe you should just stop saying "sure thing"?

You want every game to be approached as equally critical to every other game. That sort of behavior leads to losing in the long term. The Warriors are trying to build for now and the future ... this year has become more about the future than now.
    Ur tripping breh this tears draft is known as one of the weakest in a while

Quote Originally Posted by Vallejo Raiders View Post
    I'd trade out of this draft immediately. The next two drafts are loaded with star potential....
    You would trade a top 4 pick in this draft for a random pick in next years draft? That's nuts.

Ur tripping breh this tears draft is known as one of the weakest in a while
    So you would have traded Russel, and a couple first round picks for KAT who will be a free agent? I just don't think he's worth it.

So you would have traded Russel, and a couple first round picks for KAT who will be a free agent? I just don't think he's worth it.
    I never suggested trading next yrs pick. I said russell and this yrs pick for kat and twolves 2020 pick.... and maybe we throw in pascall

I think most sane people would..... and not only are the warriors not trading out- but they are actually tanking and throwing away a year in the primes of 3 hall of famers to go all in on it.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast